Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a shop with the demo in it today

I played one battle - all very familiar from FFXIII, besides the addition of some "cinematic events" (aka quicktime press-right-to-dodge events). This tells me nothing I suppose...

Apparently there is a demo out for XIII-2 now. Someone download it and tell me about it.

It's terrible. As terrible, if not more so, than XIII. You are terrible for having such high expectations for it despite the other one sucking copious amounts of dong.

I don't think this being an improvement or not on FFXIII can really be judged on a short term scale. Like, it's probably not going to be obvious if they've solved the lack of freedom, ability to grind and so on until a good few hours into the game. I mean, even the 'good' FF's (in my opinion) like VII, VIII, X... they don't open up much in that respect for a while. Well, I guess VIII does straight away, but most didn't. I mean, I'll buy it, but at this point it's out of a probably mistakenly placed loyalty to the series and the tiny bits of hope I have from the previews.

At the end of the day though, it's going to be FFXIII again even if problems are solved... and I wasn't so hot on the story of XIII anyway.

Apparently there is a demo out for XIII-2 now. Someone download it and tell me about it.

You get a quick taste of freedom. After the opening part (where you fight the Atlas Hand), you get tossed into a encampment. You can talk to some folks, buy some shit from this crazy Chocobo Lady, and we're off to do the main quest/side questing.

You can actually capture monsters now and I use the word capture loosely. Pretty much, if you do well enough in a fight, you get the monsters crystal and it acts as your third. There was some story purpose to this but the demo keeps a lot of the story elements hidden (which pissed me the fuck off, I'm pretty much playing these so you can tell me a kick ass story Square! >_< )

As far as combat goes, not a thing is different from XIII outside of the cinematic things, which are pretty cool looking but rather simplistic. The crystalarium has changed up it's look but as far as implementation, it's about the same.

I'll go ahead and tell you this. If you enjoyed XIII, the changes will give you enough to do to keep it fresh while still pretty much being the same game. If hated XIII, you could probably pass on it. Nothing is to incredibly different and what they add I don't believe is going to be enough to change anybody opinions on it.

I kind of liked the demo, but I didn't really feel like there was any freedom in it... Obviously it was only a demo, but man, I really wanted to be a bit more interested than I was. It wasn't bad by any means, but it doesn't look like something that would change my opinion on the series now.

• 2 weeks later...

Review!

Edit: Jesus fuck....I'm glad I thought ahead to update my PS3. Every single time I've turned on my PS3 in the past 4-5 months I've had to update it, it is ridiculous. This is why I use my Xbox more <_<

I've been home for 43 minutes now, and the update is only at 18%. I hope FF XIII doesn't take long to install/update, because I want to create a save game to get the bonus for XIII-2.