Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

It isn't a problem I have just with FF7, I have it with pretty much every JRPG. I've talked about it before. I'll be able to get through a lot of the game easily and then hit some boss that just beats the hell out of me unmercifully to the point that it's clear I just don't have enough HP or high enough damage dealing to fight it. I don't even remember who Demon Wall is. From what I can remember the last time I got stopped up it was against that changing boss in the Shinra Mansion, the one that has physical and magic forms. Don't remember exactly how it went, though.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Lost Number. Aeris' Seal Evil Limit and Choco/Mog summon are your saviours there.

If he's doing that on disk 2, he might have a different party. Though I don't think you NEED to fight Lost Number, do you? It's an optional boss. You could always skip that fight. You also have me, Benji and probably a bunch of others that've beaten that game over 10,000 times, so if you get stuck again we can always lend a hand. :P

Ah, Lost Number. Aeris' Seal Evil Limit and Choco/Mog summon are your saviours there.

If he's doing that on disk 2, he might have a different party. Though I don't think you NEED to fight Lost Number, do you? It's an optional boss. You could always skip that fight. You also have me, Benji and probably a bunch of others that've beaten that game over 10,000 times, so if you get stuck again we can always lend a hand. :P

First play through I missed Ft Condor, Gongaga, Wutai, and a bunch of other stuff. Thinking back, it's no wonder I was so underlevelled for Demon's Gate.

I got back into playing FFVII the other week. Then I stopped because of that creature guarding a cave where Sephiroth is. Apparently, It's easy to get past it, just using a chocobo but I want the magic it can do. I forget the name of the thing though.

I forget where I got to last on my most recent attempt at beating FFVII which I abaonded sometime roughly this time last year or in the new year. Somewhere on Disc 2 at least, perhaps around the incident at Junon.

One day...

I got back into playing FFVII the other week. Then I stopped because of that creature guarding a cave where Sephiroth is. Apparently, It's easy to get past it, just using a chocobo but I want the magic it can do. I forget the name of the thing though.

Midgar Zolom, thats it! I hated that sonofabitch!

First play through I missed Ft Condor, Gongaga, Wutai, and a bunch of other stuff. Thinking back, it's no wonder I was so underlevelled for Demon's Gate.

You can miss Fort Condor? I thought that was something you had to do?

I just started playing this again, picked up the PC re-release a month or so ago and it's amazing how much of it I actually remember considering I haven't played it since it was first released in the UK. I was pretty young then too.. I expecting I'll play it quite differently though thinking that I believe it was my first ever RPG, whereas most games I play now are.

I only did about three of the Fort Condor battles. I played the game again a year ago to see everything but there's just too many. You literally have to do 1 go get the ferry back, watch a cut scene, then travel aaaall the way back for another. The window to miss it is tiny too.

I've never really looked into Ft Condor but i've always wondered about the possible benefits of actually doing it. That and actually doing the battles properly against just letting them get straight through and just killing the boss with your team.

Is there anything worth getting by doing it?

So I've still never played any of the first six Final Fantasy games (past, like, the first dungeon or some such) and I want to do a blind run on one of them. I'm pretty ignorant of story stuff with all of them (past stuff like Kefka = bad) and I figure a blind run would be waaaaay more fun than following a guide for the first run. It just boils down to one question; which one?

So I've still never played any of the first six Final Fantasy games (past, like, the first dungeon or some such) and I want to do a blind run on one of them. I'm pretty ignorant of story stuff with all of them (past stuff like Kefka = bad) and I figure a blind run would be waaaaay more fun than following a guide for the first run. It just boils down to one question; which one?

Why don't you start at the first one? You can get it with updated graphics and such on Final Fantasy Origins. Eventually working your way all the way up to VI. Even with a blind run none of them are overly difficult, and they're all fun.