Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought FF V on the PSN and have been playing it for about an hour. It was the earliest one that I could play so thought it was a good place to start.

Obviously as it's first-gen it's nothing special to look at and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely lost as to what I'm doing, how magic works or what's going on in the storyline but it's done enough to keep me hooked so far. I finally worked out how to save the game which is helpful.

I'm also comparing most of my random enemies to Pokémon. So far there's been a Zubat, a Kingler, a Gastly, a Mr. Mime, and a Dratini called Whitesnake which made me sing Here I Go Again very loudly.

I just bought FF V on the PSN and have been playing it for about an hour. It was the earliest one that I could play so thought it was a good place to start.

Obviously as it's first-gen it's nothing special to look at and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely lost as to what I'm doing, how magic works or what's going on in the storyline but it's done enough to keep me hooked so far. I finally worked out how to save the game which is helpful.

I'm also comparing most of my random enemies to Pokémon. So far there's been a Zubat, a Kingler, a Gastly, a Mr. Mime, and a Dratini called Whitesnake which made me sing Here I Go Again very loudly.

V is one of my favorites. Just wait until you can change your class! You can run a party of four dragoons!

And I think it has an easy magic system? You choose a class that uses magic, then use the magic :shifty:

Contemplating getting FFXIV, but don't know what platform. What are y'all playing on? I think I'd prefer to get it on console, but I'm not sure what the payments are like. Is it a one-off cost, or do you have to pay subcription?

I am going to play it in February with the PS4 beta.

Contemplating getting FFXIV, but don't know what platform. What are y'all playing on? I think I'd prefer to get it on console, but I'm not sure what the payments are like. Is it a one-off cost, or do you have to pay subcription?

Free trial with the game (30 days?) and then you either subscribe or get timecards.

I'm told it's free to update from PS3 to PS4 when it's available.

Free trial with the game (30 days?) and then you either subscribe or get timecards.

I'm told it's free to update from PS3 to PS4 when it's available.

Eurgh, so I have to pay £30-£40 and only get 30 days free? MMORPGs are such bullshit. You should get at least six months by default. Fuck it, I'll just wait until I see the game and a bunch of time cards selling off cheap.

Can we bitch about Kingdom Hearts in here? Cause I forgot how impossible it is to defend and how useless Donald and Goofy are.

All right. I'll take you up on that offer.....

To me, the plot of the Kingdom Hearts games went off the rails after KH II.

I'm actually looking forward to FFXIII-3. I enjoyed 2 and the stuff they've talked about sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a lot more interested in that than Final Fantasy: Kindgom Serious Business Hearts Versus XV.

At least XIII-3 had the decency to at least look a little like a JRPG.