Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

You are the most shameless Squeenix fanboy ever, you know that? When even Banji is all "yeah I might give this a pass, pick it up used maybe" you know you've got a problem. :P

• Like 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the most shameless Squeenix fanboy ever, you know that? When even Banji is all "yeah I might give this a pass, pick it up used maybe" you know you've got a problem. :P

Hey now, I don't think anyone is more jaded by the series that is dreading the direction XV seems to be taking more than me! I really enjoyed XIII-2 though, I've said it for ages that it's a great game. And a bunch of the stuff they've announced like loot drops and so on sounds great fun. And I mean, you are talking to the one guy that loved X-2. Multiple outfits was always going to appeal to me.

Just... shame about the battle system. :(

Need more games with lancers.

I agree!

My wife is playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and jesus christ this series is insane. I'm afraid that I'll pick up Kingdom Hearts 3 when it comes out and because I've not played any of these games the opening scene will be "Hello, I'm King Fliberdidoo from Birth by Sleep, 158/2 Days, and Architect Pancake Tomorrow on the mobile devices! There's no time to explain, but we have to fight Donald because he was eaten by the Nobody of Ansem's Heartless and your father is Sephiroth!"

That makes more sense than the actual plot right now.

I think people forget that all Final Fantasy games begin with fairly sensible things like "we are students at the academy" and end up with "AND THE DEAD SORCERESS FROM THE FUTURE BUT ALSO THE PAST POSSESSED OUR OLD TEACHER WHO WAS A SORCERESS AND NONE OF US REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE OF OUR SUMMON MONSTERS THAT WE STORE IN OUR BRAINS AND SHE IS GOING TO COMPRESS ALL TIME TO BE HAPPENING SIMULTANEOUSLY UNLESS YOUR DAD FROM THE FUTURISTIC CITY AND ALSO THE DREAM WORLD CAN SEND YOU UP INTO SPACE TO RESCUE ANOTHER SORCERESS POSSESSED BY AN ANCIENT SORCERESS AND ALSO THERE ARE CARDS."

All Square/Squeenix products eventually descended into madness, so of course Kingdom Hearts was going to do that if they were going to make 83 Kingdom Hearts games and spin-offs.

It's not even the graphics so much. In theory I could play the game tonight by (literally) dusting off my PS2, getting it all wired in and putting in my original copy. But they've dangled this more convenient and, yes, shiny-in-its-newness version of it in front of me which makes me feel it would be a WASTE to play on the PS2 now (I'd just end up having to redo the early game later!). Plus it would allow me to have a bit of a laugh playing FFX-2 properly for the first time,