Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bravely_Default:_Flying_Fairy

It's a JRPG from the guys that made 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Between this and Pokemon X and Y, I think they just sold me on the 3DS.

3DS and Vita is where these games are gonna be because of the technology. Why do it on PS3 or PS4 when technology allows you to do so much more?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a very valid discussion as to whether a VII remake would end up being any good (it hasn't aged well, ignoring the obvious graphical developments since then, the plot as stated here, by Benji or Skummy I think, is crap-tastic)

However, it would still make a shit load of money

I think VII holds up pretty well. I've never really understood the plot argument, there's plenty of sense in the plot of Final Fantasy VII, but I really don't feel like having to defend it. And I kind of love the graphical style. I'd say it still looks better than a lot of 3DS games do, especially when playing on a smaller screen. It'd definitely make a ton of money, but I think you lose all of the charm once it's converted to HD.

There's a very valid discussion as to whether a VII remake would end up being any good (it hasn't aged well, ignoring the obvious graphical developments since then, the plot as stated here, by Benji or Skummy I think, is crap-tastic)

However, it would still make a shit load of money

Wouldn't have been me, I bloody adore the plot of VII. It's VIII I tend to make fun of.

A remake of VII would be rubbish because all the other stuff they've created as added material for VII has been rubbish, and far too po-faced and serious. Half the reason VII was so good is that it's utterly fucking mental. None of the prequels and sequels have half the charm of Don Corneo, Mukki and The Honeybee Inn.

• Like 4

TKz attacked the shit out of that thing while it's tail's up. :shifty:

I'm MLG like that. What, you waited? What are you, some kind of scrub?

Also Skummy hit the nail on the head. FF7 is the last time they had fun. (though, being the worlds only FF8 fan, I will say I love it to bits. I'd like to see you argue with TIME COMPRESSION.) Look at any post-FF7 content related to that world and you'll notice a severe lack of talking robot cats on giant pink things and dolphin riding. There's no way current day SERIOUS BUSINESS Square doesn't ruin all that ridiculous(ly awesome) stuff.