*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

Guest R.Moncrief
Not unless you count Lego Batman which comes out soon.

Although I do not have a source handy, the preview of The Dark Knight on G4 revealed that a video game will be released the same week as The Dark Knight DVD.

I'll be seeing it for the fifth time tonight. To give you an idea on how well the movie is still doing, all of the shows except three are completely sold out. The movie theater by me is a Cinema De Lux, meaning that each individual theater seats about 300, with the "Directors Hall" (3 of them) seating upwards of 550-600 people.

After seeing it the second time, here's my thoughts on Two Face.

There is NOW WAY they aren't bringing him back if there's a third. He just got his start as a villain, and they put waaaay too much emphasis on Gordon needing to save him. He'll be back, I'd practically bet my life on it.

Something I noticed while watching it again that I think Nolan would be a genius to capitalize on..

After Batman dives through the window and takes down the Clown he thinks is one of Joker's goons, he starts talking to Fox over his headset. The Joker Goon is revealed to be Mike Engal, the lead reporter of Gotham News. When Batman sees this he clearly says "Fox, the Swat team is targeting the wrong people." He mentions the name of his partner right in front of a cut throat reporter who would stop at nothing to get his story. In the third film I'd definitely make a point of this. Whether it's leverage to turn Engal in to a villain, or just a piece of blackmail that Engal can use to get the real story out of Bruce Wayne. His investigative reporting skills should easily be able to lead him to Wayne Enterprises.

I saw it tonight, and to be honest, it's nothing special. Not that it wasn't a good movie, I just can't help but be disappointed. The movie was deemed "Best of the year" by just about everyone, but I just don't think it comes close to being THAT good. I was excited as soon as I found out about Two-Face (I was hoping he would be the villain in the next Batman movie), and what happens to him is a a load of shit. And to be very honest, Ledger's portrayal as the Joker left me a little disappointed. Everything I had heard about it was praising him for it, but I can't see how. He still did good, but not GREAT.

I guess I just shouldn't listen to people anymore. <_<

I'm not sure if that post was sarcastic... or if you're being serious.

If it's the latter, I'm not really sure what to say. I mean, everything was extremely hyped up, but everything delivered. If you've got 10 people in a room, and 9 of them say that this is the greatest movie they've ever seen, but 1 guy just didn't feel it, who is more likely to be correct in the eyes of the vast majority?

Seriously, this film wasn't just a comic book movie. It was action, it was comical, terrifying, gripping, enthralling, captivating, dramatic and one of the best crime films since the Godfather. I'm going a little overboard with the describing words, but you must understand the point I'm trying to make. This film will be accepted by the majority as being the best film of our generation, if not the last 50 years.... one guy in a room of ten who thinks otherwise was obviously looking for reasons not to enjoy it, or just wasn't looking at the things that made it such a great film.

I'm not a fan of the movie itself, but I can obectively say that Gone With the Wind is one of the top films ever produced. To be able to say that about the Dark Knight, a film which I am a very big fan of, thrills me to no end.

Again, the more I think about it, I just keep thinking that this will be the Star Wars of this generation. Batman Begins sets it all up, Dark Knight will be remembered as the kick-ass, dark second installment and the third will (should) wrap things up and provide us with the greatest trilogy in 30 years.

I'm not sure if that post was sarcastic... or if you're being serious.

If it's the latter, I'm not really sure what to say. I mean, everything was extremely hyped up, but everything delivered. If you've got 10 people in a room, and 9 of them say that this is the greatest movie they've ever seen, but 1 guy just didn't feel it, who is more likely to be correct in the eyes of the vast majority?

Seriously, this film wasn't just a comic book movie. It was action, it was comical, terrifying, gripping, enthralling, captivating, dramatic and one of the best crime films since the Godfather. I'm going a little overboard with the describing words, but you must understand the point I'm trying to make. This film will be accepted by the majority as being the best film of our generation, if not the last 50 years.... one guy in a room of ten who thinks otherwise was obviously looking for reasons not to enjoy it, or just wasn't looking at the things that made it such a great film.

I'm not a fan of the movie itself, but I can obectively say that Gone With the Wind is one of the top films ever produced. To be able to say that about the Dark Knight, a film which I am a very big fan of, thrills me to no end.

I was being fairly serious. I never said that it wasn't good, but I was just pretty disappointed. There was NO way that the movie was ever going to reach expectations for me. I was incredibly excited about it. I CAN appreciate the fact that it was good, but I'm just left with a "meh" feeling right now. Maybe because I haven't been feeling 100% lately, who knows. I might go see the film again later this week with my girlfriend, so maybe then I can really appreciate it. And I definitely wasn't looking for anything wrong with it. Like I said, maybe later I'll be able to appreciate it more, I AM sick. But oh well.

Edited by slain

Just was watching the news here in australia and it is reported that people are complaining about Hungry Jacks (Burger King) Marketing The Dark Knight toys to young children. Which they feel isn't right since the movie is rated M (Mature) or PG13 (For the americans)

But I am interested if anyone has heard of people they may know that didn't like the movie...my mum liked the movie but thought Michael Keaton was a better Batman and Jack Nicholson was a better Joker.

Edited by ~The Missionary Guy~

I think Michael Keaton was the second best Batman. I think Jack Nicholson's Joker was good, like, really good, but it's so different from Ledger's Joker that you can't really compare the two. They have the same name, but they are so unlike each other that a direct comparison is impossible.