*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

My buddies were talking about that the other day, there are gonna be so many Jokers this Halloween that I won't dare go into a bar. The amount of preppy douchebags that will be dressed as Joker is going to be enough for me to want to gouge my eyes out.

Oh and when I went to Mayhem Fest on Friday, my buddy's girlfriend was backstage and saw that Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour) just got a tattoo of Heath Joker on his arm.

Edited by punky

Guest PinkandBlack84

The Dark Knight movie was so awesome, probably one of my fav movies of all time, and all the stuff since the movie came out is just awesome, the fresh prince of bel air theme is one of my favs right now.

You think it's bad now, wait till Halloween.

This is why I did my Joker costume last year because I knew it would be what EVERYONE is going to be this year. It's going to be like the Scream costume in 1997.

This picture was taken at an anime con the day after TDK was released.

Jokers.jpg

And these were just the four that were hanging out together. There were probably about a dozen more. The only good one was the guy dressed as the 60s-TV-show Joker.

Edited by Fanku Kaibutsu

Good movie but i know for sure Ledger is only going to get the Oscar because of his passing away. Yes he was good, but not oscar good. My opinion. His death is completly overshadowing the other actors too, ive never seen interviewers praise aaron or bale or cane too many times its all "SO WHAT A PERFORMANCE BY LEDGER". We get it, he was good now fucking stop, he didnt make the movie watchable by himself. FUCK

I've seen PLENTY of praise for the other actors. Shit, I've seen Gary Oldman get praise as well.

As for the acting, I know we haven't hit Oscar season yet, but so far, he definitely DESERVES it, especially just the nom. Oscar season this year isn't shaping up to be too terribly promising, either.

EDIT: I'm not implying Oldman doesn't deserve praise, I was mentioning it because Gyllenhal is about the only person that people didn't want to give any sort of praise for.

Edited by HeartlineTwist

Balderdash!

Maggie Gyllenhaal was tremendous. We just kinda wanted to see Rachel Dawes die, is all. Batman is a loner, and any time he gets a love interest, we yearn for it to end badly...because if he is ever truly happy, he will go all evil and start eating people again.

Wait... that's Angel. Sorry... Batman won't go evil, but he'd probably retire the cape and the boots. Which is a no-no.

I liked the movie a great deal more than Batman Forever. It was a realy good movie, but i cannot get into singing in with the "best movie ever" crowed. I still think the two Burton ones are better... i guss (new) movies like that would not be able to stand these days - besides the million Superhero Movies outthere. (people already complained Spider-Man 3 into sucking becaus the other two had the story drawn out to make sens)

Is it just me or did the Joker just work as the Joker becaus we know who the Joker is? Besides the Facepaint, the smile story, the card he left (once i think) and some randome laughs there was not much Joker to him. Overall a great madman - but no funny games and all.

Two Face was much better in that respect, and he kinda was the story of the movie while the joker was there for the action.

I liked the movie a great deal more than Batman Forever. It was a realy good movie, but i cannot get into singing in with the "best movie ever" crowed. I still think the two Burton ones are better... i guss (new) movies like that would not be able to stand these days - besides the million Superhero Movies outthere. (people already complained Spider-Man 3 into sucking becaus the other two had the story drawn out to make sens)

Is it just me or did the Joker just work as the Joker becaus we know who the Joker is? Besides the Facepaint, the smile story, the card he left (once i think) and some randome laughs there was not much Joker to him. Overall a great madman - but no funny games and all.

Two Face was much better in that respect, and he kinda was the story of the movie while the joker was there for the action.

yeah even in the movie though, Joker describes himself as a dog chasing cars who would not know what to do if he caught one. this is a different batman world as we have seen, of course Joker is not going to be the fun and games kind of a villan because this batman series is darker and more realistic, it is most likely why you will probably not be seeing The Penguin character anytime soon.

Two Face was good, the story did infact revolve around him in the retrospect that he was the beacon on hope in Gotham. It was sad to see him die in the film however. But for reasons of the story, it makes a lot of sense he is dead, so that Batman can be the outcast, the one who is not a hero, he is something more than that even if people will hate him for it.

Also I heard that a possible new film is being rumored with Johnny Depp playing The Riddler, though it might just be bullshit. Though it would be intriguing how he could portray him

Okay so other than The Killing Joke and the two new Batman movies... I've really been out of the loops on Batman for quite a long time. I keep hearing how The Penguin wouldn't fit in a more realistic approach to the Batman universe... Why is that? I mean, isn't he just like... a mob boss with a big fuckin nose and a waddle or something to that extent? What is it that is so unrealistic about him because I really cannot remember.

EDIT: And upon doing some research on the character, I really see nothing unrealistic about it. He's short, fat, and has a big noise. He has high tech umbrellas with guns in them and dresses fancy. Okay? The deformities weren't originally in the comics. They used them in Batman Returns, and then they were adopted by the comics and cartoons. He's basically a "classy" criminal. I think if done the way his character is intended to be, he would fit just fine in Nolan's Batman universe.

Edited by JairusCain

Okay so other than The Killing Joke and the two new Batman movies... I've really been out of the loops on Batman for quite a long time. I keep hearing how The Penguin wouldn't fit in a more realistic approach to the Batman universe... Why is that? I mean, isn't he just like... a mob boss with a big fuckin nose and a waddle or something to that extent? What is it that is so unrealistic about him because I really cannot remember.

EDIT: And upon doing some research on the character, I really see nothing unrealistic about it. He's short, fat, and has a big noise. He has high tech umbrellas with guns in them and dresses fancy. Okay? The deformities weren't originally in the comics. They used them in Batman Returns, and then they were adopted by the comics and cartoons. He's basically a "classy" criminal. I think if done the way his character is intended to be, he would fit just fine in Nolan's Batman universe.

The problem being that the first two movies showed the rise and fall of organized crime in Gotham. Batman has all but wiped it out at this point, which is supposed to make way for the freaks and monsters. I highly doubt we'll see a mob type character as anything more than background noise in future installments. Whatever villains they do use, will most likely come from the rogues gallery, and take some minor-to-major tweaking before they can logically fit into the universe Nolan has crafted.

So while I wouldn't rule any character out based on levels of realism, because Nolan will tinker until it works, I would rule out the major use of any character who would be a part of organized crime.

The problem being that the first two movies showed the rise and fall of organized crime in Gotham. Batman has all but wiped it out at this point, which is supposed to make way for the freaks and monsters. I highly doubt we'll see a mob type character as anything more than background noise in future installments. Whatever villains they do use, will most likely come from the rogues gallery, and take some minor-to-major tweaking before they can logically fit into the universe Nolan has crafted.

So while I wouldn't rule any character out based on levels of realism, because Nolan will tinker until it works, I would rule out the major use of any character who would be a part of organized crime.

True, BUT... the "white knight" of Gotham that had a major hand in disposing of all organized crime in Gotham... is no more. With the almighty Harvey Dent gone and the police's forces all focused on bringing in Batman, it leaves plenty of space for a new crime lord to emerge, which could potentially usher in Penguin.

The way I look at it, we could potentially see one to five villains in the next movie, with anything more than three being absolute over kill.

1. There is still a HUGE amount of story to tell with The Joker should they decide to recast him, which might cause some bickering.

2. Should they go the route of Joker being locked up in Arkham, there is the chase of developing the character of Harley Quinn.

3. If Mr. Reese was indeed intended to be a new set up for the introduction of The Riddler, I think that could work out rather well. Just keep in mind that his name "Mr. Reese" or whatever his first name was, could simply be a fake name anyway. There are multiple ways around that snag.

4. Two Face could very well be alive. They only said that Harvey Dent had died... and by all accounts and purposes, he had.

5. With Dent no longer erradicating the underground crime world in Gotham, it opens up the opportunity for new crime lord, such as Penguin to emerge.

I don't know, all of those options I think fit quite well into Nolan's universe. I highly doubt we're going to see people such as Killer Croc or Clayface, or even Bane or Mr. Freeze this time around. I'd be shocked if Two Face doesn't somehow play a major role in the next movie, as well as another cameo from Scarecrow, along with the introduction of at least one new character... unless of course they DO recast Joker...