*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

The problem with any of the ideas that you bring up Gaby, is just the fact that you seem to want to jam as much in as you can... and it just doesn't feel like something that would span the scale of one movie, seems much bigger than that.

I never meant for it to be one film...I just didn't distinguish where one would start and the other would begin. Everything I've presented has been an idea from start to finish, but they've all been ideas that would have to span more than one film to avoid the Spider-Man Clusterfuck situation.

Funny, because The Dark Knight could have easily been a clusterfuck if it wasn't handled properly.

And now that Robin's been beaten to death, let's do it some more. As Teej said, you can't bring in Nightwing without bringing in Robin first. The general populous would be confused to who the fuck Nightwing is and people who know Batman will ask "Why the fuck wasn't Robin introduced first?"

And as far as Fox goes, if there's a third movie it seems Batman will be on the run for a good portion of it at least, so IF for some reason Fox really didn't come back it might not matter all that much.

This might sound incredibly stupid, but I had no idea who Fox was until I watched the film. Have I been living under a rock or something? I thought it was just Alfred [and Raj Al Ghul?] that knew Bruce Wayne was Batman. Why have I never heard of Fox before in relation to Batman?

Also Fox can go years without appearing in the comics. He's hardly an integral character to any story ever. I like what they did with him in the Nolanverse though.

As for people who know who Bats is, the list includes but is not limited to:

Alfred, Tim Drake (Robin III), Dick Grayson, Jason Todd (Robin II, Red Robin), Azrael (supposedly deceased), Barbara Gordon (Batgirl I, Oracle), Spoiler (aka Robin IV), most of The Justice League, Jim Gordon, and Catwoman.

I know there are another at least fifteen people, but I forget who they all are now. Some mute guy named Harold I think.

Spoilers for the third film below....

HOLLYWOOD - Johnny Depp is tipped to play Batman villain The Riddler in the next installment of the comic book movie series.

After the huge success of The Dark Knight, which has taken $440 million at the worldwide box office, producers are confident they can convince Depp to take on Christian Bale's Batman on the big screen.

And, according to the National Enquirer, studio bosses also want Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman onboard to play another of the Caped Crusader's arch-foe, the Penguin.

The Riddler was played on the small screen in the 1960s by Frank Gorshin and in 1995 movie Batman Forever by Jim Carrey. Hoffman would be stepping into the shoes of TV and movie Penguins Burgess Meredith and Danny DeVito.

A source tells the Enquirer, "(Producers) are convinced that the role of the Riddler is perfect for Depp. Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction from director Chris Nolan and still make the character his own.

"And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman."

according to the National Enquirer

Yeeeeeeah. What's the source for the rest of this?

Edited by Cloudy No More

I'm sure he can.

Also I reeeeally hope that Two-Face shows up in the third film, especially after one of the producers mentioned that the fall at the end and his fate were left deliberately ambiguous.

If they're keeping with the mobster theme, Black Mask would be an ideal villain for the third and I like the idea of a villain challenging Bruce Wayne and Batman at the same time next time around. I hope Two-Face returns too, they said that Harvey Dent died, not Two-Face. This could mean that he's locked away somewhere and anything that was left of the old Harvey Dent is now gone, meaning he can become a fully fledged villain in the next film.

Edited by Andy362

The Penguin shit is bogus, that was rumored 2 years ago for TDK and it didn't happen. I'd dismiss all of that.

Untill Batman-On-Film or AICN reports on stuff I'm not taking it seriously

Edited by Maxx

I doubt it seeing it specifically mentions the success of Dark Knight...

Could have easily been re-worded. Although I would love to see Johnny Depp play The Riddler, or even replace Ledger as the Joker if they decide to go that route.

I went to see the film last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is that the background music was too loud, it was difficult to hear what was being said at times, especially when Gordon was talking and the last five minutes of dialogue. Super film, though, the Joker was chillingly brilliant and I also thought Dent and Batman's roles were very well done as well. Got to give it a 9-9.5/10.

Alfred, Tim Drake (Robin III), Dick Grayson, Jason Todd (Robin II, Red Robin), Azrael (supposedly deceased), Barbara Gordon (Batgirl I, Oracle), Spoiler (aka Robin IV), most of The Justice League, Jim Gordon, and Catwoman.

Not sure if it still counts but Edward Nygma (a.k.a. the Riddler) knew after using the Pits to cure the cancer he had a bout with (during the two Hush arcs). As well as it has been hinted (in recent years before the shake up, heavily) that the Joker knows who Batman really....he just doesn't care about that side of Bruce because he sees the truth. BW is the mask, Batman's the one that is the real deal & the one that interests him. (The infamous line he used at one point to pretty much all but confirm it being "Even a crazy person can put two and two together to get four, Bats").

EDITED NOTE: Pre-Crisis Bane & Hush too, obviously.

Edited by Protoman Version 2.5

A buddy of mine went to see it finally and he had a thought that made me smile.

"What if the AMH character had been named Vic Sage instead of Mike Engel?"

Anyone who knows there DC Comics will get that. I said yeah, even if they never did anything with it, that would have been a great geek moment. Then I said this.

"What if he had been named Jack Ryder?"

If only.

And I saw the article courtesy of a link to Hollyscoop.com, where it was worded as such:

Johnny Depp is reportedly going to be a part of the next Batman installment playing the Riddler. And not only that, but execs want Philip Seymour Hoffman to play the Penguin.

Them, plus Christian Bale…talk about an all-star cast!

The Dark Knight has brought in $440 million worldwide so far, so they have their work cut out for them for the next Batman to be just as successful.

What do you think of Depp as the Riddler and Hoffman as the Penguin?

I originally saw this come up two years ago in an interview with David Goyer where he spoke about possible villians and casting. He has nothing to do with the casting side though, so i think someone dug up an old quote and reported it as new news.