*SPOILERS* The Dark Knight *SPOILERS*

Guest Coowra

Once again, none of the major sites that were on top of casting news of TDK are saying anything. Still dismissing it as rumor, especially considering the Hoffman stuff was said verbatim about TDK

Even though I read it, I wouldn't classify AICN as a major news site anymore. They miss things all the time and then post them days if not weeks late. But that's neither here nor there. It's too early for casting talk at all considering the script isn't even being written yet.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Tom Lister was in the film as well, AKA pro wrestlings Zeus, I knew I recognised him but forgot where from :D

Without spoiling anything...

...the big prisoner on the boat near the end? That was Z-Gangsta? Wow, I'm surprised I didn't spot that.

Yeah. I didn't recognize him at first, then the second time I saw it the wheels started turning and it clicked.

Also, I just learned today that Heath Ledger was apparently signed on for two Batman films (according to Jett at Batman On Film, at least). He had a pretty interesting article about people that could play Joker if it was absolutely necessary he be in the third film, and one of his top picks was Johnny Depp.

I remember as soon as they panned to him me and my buddy said at the same time "DEEBO!" real loud and the people behind us just cracking up.

And if they do decide to recast Joker.. even though I like him, I wouldn't want Depp as him. They should cast someone out of left field like they did with Ledger. Maybe someone like Casey Affleck or Ryan Gosling.

Edited by punky

Yeah I'm gonna say that's coincidence.

Would make perfect sense though.

He knows the identity of Batman. He could lead clues to the media (Perhaps to Engal) about who it is. You just need to have someone who he can hide behind, because his stature doesn't exactly make you fear him. The Riddler is all about his brains, not his braun. Gee, let's see... Who could he hide behind that he could string along with the promise of Batman's identity... Hm... Joker? Two-Face? Both would make perfect sense giving the history Nolan has created. Which is why I don't think Two-Face is dead, and I think Joker will be back.

Eh, some one actually pointed that out on a couple of boards and I think even earlier in this thread. Though as much as I like the Riddler and think he could work if done correctly, I doubt the Joker would work for it. In pretty much every cannon comic that's addressed it and hasn't hinted Joker knows, Joker shows very little interest in finding out who Batman is. It is a after thought for the most part in the enjoyment he gets out of the chaos & carnage the two of them cause together.

Then again, there was the Gordon reveal scene, so there is always the option Joker is still curious at first. Eventually true to his nature, he changes his mind & doesn't care about who Batman is and turns on Reese. Since as shown by DK, Joker may be a dog but he's one that tends to bite the hand that feeds it and turns on its master (the mob). Besides, IF and it is a big if, Reese is Riddler...I especially can't see the Joker following some one like him for long (mostly out of ego/pride).

There's always the thought that Mr. Reese is a red herring/tease too. (The cat comment amongst other things, ect.)

Though the idea is appealing simply for the potential can of worms (that I've always enjoyed in the comics) it opens with the Batman & Dent relationship.

Nolan has stayed pretty true to most of the background of the characters, right? The Scarecrow has always been Jonathan Crane, Harvey Dent has always been Two-Face and Bruce Wayne has always been Batman. I have to think that if The Riddler appears in this franchise, his name will be Edward Nygma.

Yeah. I didn't recognize him at first, then the second time I saw it the wheels started turning and it clicked.

Also, I just learned today that Heath Ledger was apparently signed on for two Batman films (according to Jett at Batman On Film, at least). He had a pretty interesting article about people that could play Joker if it was absolutely necessary he be in the third film, and one of his top picks was Johnny Depp.

Could I get a link to that article? I can't seem to find it.

Nolan has stayed pretty true to most of the background of the characters, right? The Scarecrow has always been Jonathan Crane, Harvey Dent has always been Two-Face and Bruce Wayne has always been Batman. I have to think that if The Riddler appears in this franchise, his name will be Edward Nygma.

Mr Reese could be a false name being used by Nygma though.

Could I get a link to that article? I can't seem to find it.

I can't either, sorry. I know I read it on BOF though.

Hey, did anyone get a call from the 1-000-000whatever number associated with the ARG last night? When I did the Acme Security Systems hacking thing I got the Jim Gordon phone call from a number like 1-000-000-000 or something like that and I just checked the missed calls on my phone and that number called me at 8PM last night. I was just wondering about that.

Joker's never really given a damn about Bruce Wayne. He, like Rachel Dawson did, sees through the facade.

Batman is the man. Bruce Wayne is the mask.

I wouldn't say Rachel saw through it because she didn't want to be with Bruce unless he dropped the Batman schtick, I think she saw a mix of both, you're absolutely right about The Joker though, Batman is just as big a freak as The Joker, they both thrive on fear and chaos, even if Batman would never admit it, he likes creating fear and chaos in those who aren't 'innocent'.