Football Manager 2008

Dan

OK, I don't where I am putting the logos, kits etc. There used to be a graphics folder on the old games but there doesn't seem to be on this one. :/

I have logos/kits/etc. that work and they're in the following place:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Graphics\Pictures\

Inside the Pictures folder there are three folders: Kits, Logos, Photos.

Under Kits, there are two folders: Clubs, Default.

Under Clubs, there's a whole bunch of countries (e.g AUS, BRA, CZE, and so on).

Under the ENG folder, there are folders with the names of various leagues (e.g. Premiership, Ryman League Division 1 North, etc.). Inside each of those are the kits themselves, with names like Arsenal_away.png, Arsenal_home.png, Arsenal_third.png, etc.

The logos section is a bit more complicated, so I'd rather check whether these might happen to all be set up for you already if you go look, rather than spend ages explaining them as well. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've given up on this game, I really have. The fucking stupidity of releasing a game that clearly wasn't ready to be released just to line their pockets has really started to piss me off. No matter who the team is, my defenders constantly NEVER TACKLE THE PLAYERS. I have them tackling at normal, high, low, extra slow - whatever it does, they never tackle, they never catch up, my players have even taken to SLOWING DOWN AND TRIPPING ON THE PITCH. They inexplicably slow down whenever the ball gets passed to them. One of my players even managed to pass the ball twice in one match without EVEN TOUCHING THE BALL.

Don't put a game on sale for 24.99 and then wonder why everyone is complaining that the fucking thing doesn't work properly. When I've got the wettest July and August in history on my game, something's a little fucked up.

Fuck sakes.

Just downloaded the patch, but when i tried to install it, a message came up saying it wasnt a valid Win32 application or something. Help anyone?

Apparently you need to try again. I saw someone else have this problem and SI said to re-install it, because it didn't install properly.

Sounds about right. I haven't done it myseff, but I have the BETA patch and that was pretty much how it went too.

I'm gonna get the full patch when I get home, the game isn't running that badly but yet want to be sure.

Just done it again and it was fine. Never installed a patch before so just wanna check i've done it right. I installed it and 47 files were unzipped and updated into my Football Manager folder. Is that what shoulda happened?

Yes that's right. Once you open your FM game up now, you should have a choice of 2 or 3 Databases. The 8.01 version, the Default version and another version if you've made any changes to the Database yourself.

Incidentally, you can find at least a couple of mirrors for the patch here: http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=41195

I went for the Rapidshare one and my free download had to wait 2.4 minutes in the queue - travesty!

I'm American and completely new to Football Manager. I got reading this thread and the game sounded pretty badass, so I went ahead and downloaded the demo. I just have a few questions, maybe some of you can help me out.

I started the game unemployed, seeing that I thought it'd be a little bit more realistic than having some American with crappy coaching stats just randomly take over Arsenal or Chelsea. So when I go to the Job Center (or Centre :P ) I see job openings for Scouts, Assistant Coaches, Goalkeeping coach, what have you. Now, in the demo, I can only apply for Managerial positions. Is that how it is in the full version as well? I know its called Football MANAGER, but I actually wanted to start off with a less important job, sort of a way to get a feel for the game. It's no big deal, seeing that it's just a demo and I'm sure I'll be fine once I get the hang of it. But I thought I'd ask.

Also, and don't "boo" me for this, but is the MLS available in the full version? In the demo I have to work with English teams. But if I were to buy this, I think I'd like to start off by bringing in a bunch of foreigners to make a kick ass MLS team.