Football Manager 2008

Dan

After losing some more games at Torino, Sven got fired from Man City, and lucky me got offered the job. I inmediately jumped ship, leaving Torino with something like 6 points from 14 games and jumping to a City in 17th place. With the awesomeness of the team I won 4 in a row, moving me up to 9th, then Arsenal gave me my first loss. A draw at Villa and a lucky win over Liverpool leave me 6th behind the top 4 and West Ham. During January I got De Sanctis(great keeper) and Luis Fabiano from Sevilla, both of them were transfer listed. I also got some West Ham reserve for cheap to cover for the injured Petrov.

But I must say Elano is a god.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished 11th in my second season with Derby, got offered the Newcastle job. Took it. Bigger club, big aspirations. Signed McEvely to take with me as LB, also signing Foster - to succeed Given - from United (he was on loan at Derby last season.) Would have gone for Barnes, but Man City put forward a 20m bid. Not gonna compete with them.

They want me to be challenging for the title in two years. Possible, but hard.

Gillingham are brilliant now.

After my first four games we'd won two and drawn two. Then after ten league games we were five losses, three draws, two wins.

Now we're 6 wins in a row league and cup and have 10 wins overall. Genius.

We've also scored an average of 4 a game for the last 6 games. Cruised to the FA Cup third round too. Everything is happiness.

I prefer a more challenging game.

Started at Wexford Youths in the Eircom First Division (Irish Republic 2nd tier) and they're amateurs. And because I started the game at July 2007, it's mid-season and we're rock bottom of the table.

I don't think I can be relegated, but it's amazing managing an amateur team. All my staff (who are awesome and free) and players are paid fuck all and can beat pro teams, I love it. :D

I'm hoping we can establish ourselves quickly into semi-pros before we go into administration, because for some reason we're half a million in debt (even though we don't really pay for anything). But yeah, having fun with it, it's a whole new FM experience. :D

The team was all Irish youngsters, but now my first team is ONE young Irish player, two over-30s Irish players, a bunch of Northern Irish players, a Welsh goalkeeper, Damien Cornelli who's South African/English, Brian Iman Abdullah who's Australian/English/Bruneian (whose real name is Brian Bothwell), Jamaican-born Irishman Bruce Pulloch and 45 year old Barbadian-born Northern Irishman Peter Hinds. And that's just my first team.

I also have 15 year old Aljame Zuill from Bermuda (valued at an impressive-for-us £1k), Barbadian/Irish Ramuel Miller, Ghanaian/Irish Baba Issaka, South African/English Daniel Guselli, Scottish youngster Jamie Brough (who I've actually met in person) and Scottish/Nigerian Danny Ogunmade.

So basically, I have the most black team in Ireland. For free. *insert African slave joke*

Well, cock. I finally get FM2008, Install and start a new game fine. I get to my first match, click on 'Proceed to match' or whatever the button is, and the game freezes. I re-load, try again, and this time get to the screen where you pick your oppoistion instructions, and it freezes again. I download the patch, install that, start a new game, and it freezes at the same point again.

Looks like no new FM for me.

I can only assume its my soundcard that sucks, as the game only uses basic sound to that point, and the demo, that worked a charm didn't have any sound.

Edited by James timMAYy

So, FM08, yay or nay overall?

Yay? I'm having no desire to go back to FM07 or anything like that.

Except for a passing thought earlier today about what it might be like to dig out the original CM3 and play as Chelsea pre-money. Clearly my memory has smudged over just how huge the loading times truly were. :shifty:

Edit: Ugh, a France 1-0 Italy Euro 2008 final. How tediously dull can it possibly get.

Edited by stokeriño

WOO! I installed some updated graphics drivers, and I got a match played fine. I'm out all tomorrow, so I hope to have managed to sim a whole TWO matches by Sunday!

Ok as England manager I come first in our group, we're qualified then arent we?

Actually no, the European Championship has started and not a single team who qualified is playing

Thats one fucked up bug :(

I don't get that bug, you know why?

Cos I BOUGHT the game, pirate!! :angry: