Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

van der Vaart in for 19m, Leon Osman out for 10m. Like for like? More like awesome for shit. Have fun with Leon, Newcastle!

Newcastle also wanted Lescott, so I attempted a part-exchange for Viduka because I love that bastard. But he won't come because he just joined Newcastle. That bitch. :(

Edited by Kou

I finally removed that fake file to get the right names for German teams etc.. and started a game as Spain, currently in year 2010. I got job offers from Villareal and West Ham, but I rejected because I wanna stay with Spain for a few more years, but some of the transfers/manager changes I have seen are crazy.

1st year, Valencia signed Leighton Baines from Everton for 10 mil, this year they get Joleon Lescott on a free.

Fernando Morientes spent a year at Derby on loan.

1st year Michael Carrick was bought by Sevilla for 20mil

and some others.

Now in 2010, the manager changes have sorta shocked me:

1's I can remember, that all left their club were:

Alex Ferguson

David Moyes

Rafa Benitez

Edited by Sick N Twisted

Speaking of overseas transfers involving English clubs/players; I'm in 2011, and a number of England squad ply their trade abroad.

Ryan Taylor went from Wigan to Newcastle for £7.5m, then moved to Roma after two seasons for £12.25m, then after another two seasons went to Liverpool for £15m. Despite this, he's being kept out of the England squad (still managed by McClaren) by Reading's Martin Cranie.

Micah Richards cost Chelsea £33.5m, Shaun Wright-Phillips went to Juve for £23.5m, Liverpool bought Ashton for £18.5m, Villarreal bought Gareth Barry for £7.5m and Peter Crouch on a free.

I just took over Ajax in 2011, after they finished 6th in the league. First match in charge was a Euro Vase game against a Cypriot team called Apollon. I lost 3-0.

It was literally the most shoddy performance I've ever seen. My midfielders would get the ball, pass it forward to the strikers, who would miss it because they were facing the wrong way.

Does anyone else find themselves loading up on players for a certain position all the time? No matter what, I just constantly seem to buy CM/AM's. At the moment, in my Man Utd game I have Hargreaves, Fletcher, Anderson and Aguero all in the first team, and 7 or 8 up and coming Cm's in my reserves.

No matter what game I play, I always buy CM's first. Anyone else do similar with other positions?

Fullbacks and wingers. I am constantly trying to find solid defenders & wingers. Especially if they are left-footed. I love the left-footed fellas.

The thing is, it's usually those positions I truly need to strengthen with many clubs.

Ahhh got it for PSP yesterday. Started as Spurs boss...Managed to get James McFadden for a few mil and Matty Etherington returning down the left for some depth.

Then I realised I had more fun playing as Gillingham last time around so started a new game with them - the usual £30k pot so signed Andy Barcham from Spurs on loan for the season and some young Chelsea defender.

Still in preseason but I'm already enjoying it to last year with more depth and the like (also reserve squads this time around). Also getting used to the look of it and the white is really growing on me. It also recognises the badges etc saved on my memory stick for last season's edition which is good.

Hey, I am having a confusing time.

I'm currently playing a game as Montenegro and have now found myself put into some sort of 'loser' European Championship Tournament. It features a lot of bad countries, but it hasn't deleted the real European Championship as far as I can tell. Is this just a glitch or is there some sort of tournament I don't know about?