Football Manager 2008

Dan

Started a new game with Newcastle, on the new patch. I'v developed a tactic that as tightened the defence majorly. Currently coming 7th with this team after 8 games.

Given

Beye - Taylor - Garay - Enrique

Wright-Phillips - Barton - V. Der Vaart - N'Zogbia

Owen © - Martins.

Eziquiel Garay is pure quality, has a tendency to score and has more league goals than Martins thus far, with 4. He's only 20 too, with a release clause of 13,750,000.

Edited by The Cool One

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started a game with Real - Not doing too badly I suppose...

Won 10 and drawn 2 from 15 games. Beat Barca 1-0 away from home as well. Still, I'm 3rd, 3pts behind Valencia in 2nd and 8pts behind Barca in 1st. Gonna be bastards to catch I reckon.

I was also just given a CL Group Stage scare. My group consisted of Besiktas, Marseille and Porto. I just about beat Besiktas at home 1-0, but lost to them away 1-0. By the last matchday, I needed to beat Marseille at home (beat them away 3-0) to qualify.

Porto were through on 10, I had 7 and Marseille had 9 ...with Besiktas having just the three points they'd taken off me. Still, after telling all my players I expected a performance, they delivered. Beat them 2-1 with goals from Ruud and Baptista.

...Although I will say I was shitting it when Nasri scored in the first of 5 additional minutes at the end of the game.

EDIT: And oh yeah, I'm having a bastard of a time with injuries. I always seem to have at least 4 players out who I'd normally start ...and when they do get injured, it's normally for "around a month". I've had Ruud, Raul, Guti and Robinho all injured twice so far. Robinho has just resumed full training, so now I'm waiting to see who'll replace him on the injured list. <_<

Edited by Badd-um-tsch

won the league with Everton in my 1st season, and told the board I can win it this season and was given a budget of around 39mil, and with that 39mil I signed 2 players...

Sergio Aguero - £35.5mil

Manuel Fernandes - £10mil (I made the offer last season though so it took the 10mil from last season's budget) :)

so they should help me win it again this season, since Manny was ownage last season

Has anybody ever got Rafael Van Der Vaart to actually play well?

He was fucking awful when I bought him. £20m for three seasons of 6.6 average ratings, frequent injuries, 2 goals and about 8 assists in total. So I shipped him off to Espanyol for £12m in the end.

Andres D'Alessandro however, now that's a different (and far, far cheaper) story.

Moved to Newcastle at the end of last season, they were four places below my Southampton side in 15th but offered me a £22million transfer budget. Quite a high player turnover in the summer, my major signings have been Alessandro Rossina (£11.75m from Torino), Gabby Agbonlahor (£2.7m from Villa) and Zat Knight (£700k from relegated Fulham).

We've got blistering pace in attack, I usually play two attacking wide midfielders with two strikers, picking from Darren Bent/Oba Martins/Shola Ameobi up front and Jermaine Pennant, Rossina, Agbonlahor and Dyer on the wings. 7 games in and we're 4th in the league, with four wins a draw and an opening day defeat to Man United.

One of the directors has taken over but we've not got any more funds from it, so hopefully we can get a UEFA Cup spot next season to get a bit more money in.

Has anybody ever got Rafael Van Der Vaart to actually play well?

He was fucking awful when I bought him. £20m for three seasons of 6.6 average ratings, frequent injuries, 2 goals and about 8 assists in total. So I shipped him off to Espanyol for £12m in the end.

Andres D'Alessandro however, now that's a different (and far, far cheaper) story.

Silly question, but how do you re-train a player to learn a new position, or has that feature been done away with? I've just started at Spurs, and I'm trying to re-train Taarabat to be a right winger, and I can't remember for the life of me how to do it.

Moved to Newcastle at the end of last season, they were four places below my Southampton side in 15th but offered me a £22million transfer budget. Quite a high player turnover in the summer, my major signings have been Alessandro Rossina (£11.75m from Torino), Gabby Agbonlahor (£2.7m from Villa) and Zat Knight (£700k from relegated Fulham).

We've got blistering pace in attack, I usually play two attacking wide midfielders with two strikers, picking from Darren Bent/Oba Martins/Shola Ameobi up front and Jermaine Pennant, Rossina, Agbonlahor and Dyer on the wings. 7 games in and we're 4th in the league, with four wins a draw and an opening day defeat to Man United.

One of the directors has taken over but we've not got any more funds from it, so hopefully we can get a UEFA Cup spot next season to get a bit more money in.

Found the re-training thing, cheers chaps.

Pre-Season analysis: With Dawson out for two months, and King and Woodgate injured until 2043, the Tottenham defence is shit. Berbatov doesn't seem able to score, and with Lennon out, Malbranque seems the only good source of supply for the strikers. Huddlestone seems great as a DM though.

I'm trying to sign random youngsters to create a huge youth team set up. I always do it a little at any club, but moreso here. I have Gretna as a new feeder club, and I've already signed a random French 19 year old winger and shipped him off there for the season on loan.

I still don't understand this, I can't use my own edited data with the new patch, and for some reason it also doesn't pick up the skins, logos, pictures etc I have saved, they are all in Documents/Sports Interactive etc folders, they used to work before the new patch, now they don't, do I have to move them somewhere or what?

So started a game a week back on FM2007 unemployed. Got offered the job at FC Koln and took it. Saved them from relegation in season one, got them promoted in season two and finished third in the First Division in my third season. Unfortunately then the bottom fell out and the players lost confidence in me and I was sacked after being knocked out of the Champion's League, the UEFA Cup AND the German Cup in a space of two weeks. Was offered a job at Oldham and took it. Took them from 17th to 6th and a playoff position but lost in the final to Lincoln :( Then resigned and got a job instantly with Mantova, who were 5th in Serie B. Immediately had the playoffs to play again and beat Modena then Ascoli to get promoted. Survived my first season in Serie A in twelfth but the second season was very tough and I resigned on my forty third birthday with the team in 17th. Didn't get a new job until the end of the season and that was with Barnet. Right after that though the European Championships ended, Walter Smith resigned as Scotland manager and I was offered the job. So after only 12 days with Barnet I resigned and became Scotland manager with the task of leading them to the World Cup. Drew Cyprus, Russia, Northern Ireland and the Czech Republic in my group and just beat Cyprus 6-0 in my first match.

Arbeloa is absolutely useless on this game, as is Fabio Aurelio in a defensive capacity. Arbeloa's stats are criminal really, he's a lot better than the game suggests and his dodgy backpass knocked us out of the League Cup to West Brom. At least it wasn't Barnsley.

Does anybody know a team that are absolutely up to their eyeballs in debt at the start of the game or already in administration?

I fancy a challenge.