Football Manager 2008

Dan

Ive recently formatted my HD which means ill have to start afresh on FM2008. Anybody got any suggestions for new games?

Get the patch first.

Depends what you fancy, but you could try and break into the PL's "Big Four" with anyone outside of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & United.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive recently formatted my HD which means ill have to start afresh on FM2008. Anybody got any suggestions for new games?

Rotherham in League Two :@

It's the only way to play...okay so it's just my current game.

Bah 08, I'm a decade in on FM07. Where Ryan Giggs Assitant Manages a non-league Welsh team, Ade Akinbiyi is head coach at Nigeria and Frank Lampard manages Chelsea, whilst John Terry still plays CB for them. Also Brighton, Bradford, Preston, Notts Forrest all in the Prem. Whilst Villa are in the Championship, Bolton in League One and Southampton are near the bottom of League Two.

I don't know what's more surprising: Derby winning the FA cup in around 2011 against Liverpool or Aberdeen winning the SPL title by a landslide.

I finally got Carlisle to the Premiership, the board wanted me to be in the Premiership within two years but I sneaked in with the first and then was about to get relegated which would make it impossible to be in the Premiership next season.

Luckily Athletico Madrid stepped in to hire me in the closing weeks of the EPL, I go on to win the remaining Athletico Madrid games (moving them from 18th to 10th) and someone ends up getting Carlisle relegated with a bunch of players who'd already agreed to sign for different clubs.

Is it just me or are Man Utd weighted to perform really shoddily? I mean I could understand that they would be making less and less money with the huge debts but by 2012 they spent until January in the relegation zone before scraping 16th place. Everyone good had either Retired or left and it was no surprise in the transfer market right afterwards Cristiano Ronaldo left Man Utd for Barcelona (OMFG SWERVE!!~!!)

At around the same time I've noticed that Newcastle currently own a team full of 'FM cheat buys', getting a bunch of high quality players on the cheap and ending up placing 3rd 4th

I don't really know what to do now, I don't really wanna continue as Athletico Madrid manager but to quit at this stage would be pointless and taint my reputation, I might just leave it here and mess around in the Conference North with another save.

I'm tempted to use the editor to change the name of a team I haven't heard of, give them new kit and everything and something like £10m in the bank and tear up the Conference ala Gretna

Is it just me or are Man Utd weighted to perform really shoddily? I mean I could understand that they would be making less and less money with the huge debts but by 2012 they spent until January in the relegation zone before scraping 16th place. Everyone good had either Retired or left and it was no surprise in the transfer market right afterwards Cristiano Ronaldo left Man Utd for Barcelona (OMFG SWERVE!!~!!)

Really? Man Utd have been going great in my game, and I'm in about 2015. Consistently been in the top 4/5, and have won it the last two years.

Scratch everything else i've said in this thread about awesome happenings.

Cut to the last day of the group stages of World Cup 2010, England are top of their group with 6 points, Ireland and Cameroon have 3 points and Iran have nothing, England have to play Ireland last in their set of fixtures knowing that a draw could send both through providing that Cameroon lose to Iran. The following happened...

lolfixturesbj5.jpg

Which meant the following teams qualified...

lolirelandxr3.jpg

Which means the England manager's position will soon be up for grabs despite Capello winning Euro 2008 :P

Hmm, has anyone ever done a game by moving a non-league team to another league and playing as them? I am torn between that and changing Gretna to a team I 'buy' and seeing if I can break up the big two of the SPL.

I was tempted to create an entirely new team and stick it in Blue Square N/S to replace a team that'd just got relegated to non-league status. Problem was it was far too much hassle to create players n' stuff. Unless I intend to give it £4m with no players, staff or chairman and watch it build itself while playing as another team. Then once i'm made, resign + apply for X job.

Birmingham Bastards FTW >_>

Yeah, I did the same with West Ham, releasing all the players and sticking an extra £75M in the bank. It's surprisingly hard to build a 24 man squad and a few youths for the reserve team with that amount of money.

I did it on 07 but it got quite hard knowing which players you were going to get so it ended up the squad was very heavy in terms of strikers and we barely had any defenders. Another thing is you have to pick a league that starts earlier than the one you're managing in so that you have enough time to build a squad and get to grips with them otherwise you won't have enough of a squad to compete in the friendlies and you won't get them match-fit in time.

I remember getting a free transfer database for FM06 or 07 that had all the players uncontracted at the start of the game. The AI's hilariously unable to deal with this situation, with some Premiership teams signing 15 first team squad strikers and others no goalkeeper at all.

I remember getting a free transfer database for FM06 or 07 that had all the players uncontracted at the start of the game. The AI's hilariously unable to deal with this situation, with some Premiership teams signing 15 first team squad strikers and others no goalkeeper at all.

Anyone know where I can get this for FM 08?

Edited by nickhastie2004

After not really having a lot to do at the moment, because of work being shit :shifty:

As it is the European Championships and all, I wondered how many would be interested in signing up for a Euro 2008 Network game, so I'll need 16 people, or I can live with less, I'd like at least 8.

Rules would be simple, I'd sim through until about a week until Nations have to name their squads, unless anybody had any suggestions for a suitable starting position.

Simple rules, it would be first come first serve, realistically I doubt it would take that long to actually complete, obviously they'd be a bit of waiting round in between games but I think it could be kinda good.

No need for reservations on a Nation yet as I was just wanted to see if anyone would be up for doing this.