Carling Cup Tonight

new_era

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Deserved result in the end. Blackburn were useless in the first-half, we might as well have been playing against ourselves, but getting the offside goal helped turn it around. Second-half they woke up and started playing and got a deserved equaliser. Denilson being sent off was the correct decision, but in extra-time we were the better team. I'm begging for Sp*rs in the next round.

As a gooner not sure who I'd want. Everton is a tough game away in which we could get a beating, they're playing really well and probably will still be up there come the semis.

Chelsea or Liverpool is always tricky, so I'd say Tottenham. They could turn up and play well, or absolute shite. I'd take my chances, nice novelty to the games then too.

The two best semis would be Spurs vs Arsenal and Everton vs Liverpool with Spurs vs Everton in the final. Yeah!

For that reason alone, I'm hoping Liverpool win tonight.

Even if they win and don't get paired with Everton, there will still be the chance of a Mersey/London derby for the Final ...obviously.

After the last round, Benitez got criticised for fielding a strong squad (Torres, Gerrard etc).

Now we put out a 'second string' and he gets criticised for that as well.

These people know nothing.

Edit: And now Ray Wilkins is having a moan because Gerrard's not in the squad. He's ill you tit. Conclusive proof that playing the game doesn't make you an expert.

Edited by therockbox