The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So LBP is on Amazon for less than £24 brand new from one of their sellers.

Think I may give it a go. Was gonna rent it, but might as well go for it at that price.

I still intend to pick up Assassin's Creed and Uncharted on the cheap at some point. I enjoyed the Uncharted demo at least.

Everybody's Golf, I knew I forgot something! Loved that on the PSP...which I must admit, am tempted to trade in my DS for again.

Oh and I got my Maestro details accepted by sticking a 0 in for issue number, odd. I tried all like 5 forms of my address (suburb, city, county/village/suburb/city/county etc. etc.), three different forms of my name (spacing of initials and whatnot), and all it wanted was part of the details that don't actually exist. Silly really. I do appreciate being able to use real cash rather than M$ points though.

Edited by Dragsy

So LBP is on Amazon for less than £24 brand new from one of their sellers.

Think I may give it a go. Was gonna rent it, but might as well go for it at that price.

I still intend to pick up Assassin's Creed and Uncharted on the cheap at some point. I enjoyed the Uncharted demo at least.

You haven't played on a PS3 until you've played Uncharted. -_-

I was in EBGames about to buy LittleBigPlanet, but I ended up walking out of the store with Resistance because it was a Greatest Hits title. I have only played a little bit of it, but it is a fun game.

I have reserved judgement on Resistance because I didn't get to play it much (fucking install time ate a chunk out of my lunch break), and the time I did get to play was hampered by a busted left stick that made me walk in circles if I wasn't holding it all the way to the right. It looked ace though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/04/hands-on...layer-campaign/

I doubt it'll be the Halo killer that the original was lauded as, but so far the reviews from hands-on with it that I've read have been glowing.

Yeah, £35. Grr.

Exchange rate now: £1 = 135 yen.

Two months ago £1 = 195 yen.

You're right, it would be comparatively more expensive now. I was thinking backwards-ly.

Edited by stokeriño

EA and DICE have announced details on Mirror's Edge DLC. In late January, players will be able to download nine new races for the Time Trial mode. According to the press release, these levels will have "no guns, no cops, and no city: this is true aesthetics, agility and flow that will challenge any runner." We're not entirely sure what that means, but we certainly want to find out.

The nine new races will cost $10. However, PS3 owners get a special treat. All owners of the game can download an additional tenth race for free from the PlayStation Store. This is the PS3-exclusive DLC we've been waiting to hear about. (Who doesn't like free stuff?)

Stay tuned for more details on the DLC. To read our review of Mirror's Edge, click here.

Oh.. boy. Whoopieeee.

According to the Times Online, a web version of the UK newspaper that's been in circulation since 1785, the long-awaited PlayStation Home will be released "in the next 10 days." The article is dated December 7th, so simple arithmetic would allow us to conclude that Home will make its debut by December 17th.

At the very least, the rumored date seems realistic; afterall, we've been promised again and again that Home will make its debut in 2008. Sony won't attest to the accuracy of that date. "We're not commenting on that story, I'm afraid," an SCEE representative told VG247. Let's all keep our fingers crossed -- bring Home home, Sony!