The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I'm going to throw a shoutout for Burnout: Paradise City as a recommendation - I hate driving games but I've really enjoyed it so far - it shows off what the PS3 can do graphically and is a pretty entertaining game to boot. Should be pretty cheap too (over in the UK it seems to be cropping up in quite a few pre-owned deals).

1) Are you online?

2) Do you have a headset?

If the answer to those questions is yes, let me know your PSN address and we'll play some time. Burnout is great.

I hated Burnout Paradise, which I had on 360, but I assume it's the same on PS3. That is one game that didn't need free roam, I want to cause carnage, not pause every 20 seconds to work out a new route.

Oh and I finally cleared Saints Row, so anybody up for some co-op shenanigans?

I'm going to throw a shoutout for Burnout: Paradise City as a recommendation - I hate driving games but I've really enjoyed it so far - it shows off what the PS3 can do graphically and is a pretty entertaining game to boot. Should be pretty cheap too (over in the UK it seems to be cropping up in quite a few pre-owned deals).

1) Are you online?

2) Do you have a headset?

If the answer to those questions is yes, let me know your PSN address and we'll play some time. Burnout is great.

PSN username = jj7586.

Sadly no headset :(

According to my PS3, update 2.76 is now out, but's not up on Playstation's website yet. So it's seemingly only downloadable via the PS3 at this moment. Which is a shame, because I want to update now, and my preferred method is by USB.

The info for the update is up on the site now, so I assume you can DL the update from there.

Main features in system software update version 2.76

The playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 software has been improved.

I can't wait to DL and install this one. >_>

I don't think it's real.

Just cos the PS2 had a "Slim" and the PS1 had a smaller version doesn't mean that PS3 will automatically go slim, PARTICULARLY so soon after launch. It was years before the PS1 and 2 smaller models were released.

I'm not buying this as a possibility.

Think so, yeah. It's actually kind of fun. I didn't expect a whole lot from it, but from the 10 minutes or so I played, I enjoyed it.

According to Joystiq PS3 Rag Doll Kung Fu is free now.

Only for US accounts. But if I make a US account, will I be able to play it on the same Playstation with my Canadian account?

Possibly. My friend made an America account just to get the Marvel vs. Capcom demo.

Which I wasn't fond off, it was a giant clusterfuck of retina-raping colour.

Rag Doll Kung Fu is utterly utterly brilliant. Hilarious, loads of fun. Great to throw shurikens, spin around, grab your opponent, throw them into the air, punch them in the air, grab them before they land and then throw them again.

The Challenges are good too. I hope multiplayer has the fish game with each player trying to throw fish into a basket as well as fighting eachother. SO MUCH FUN.