• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2/17

Hellyeah

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS

Machinehead, Nonpoint and Bury Your Dead

I love Machine Head, they are the big reason of why I'm going but I also respect the members of Hellyeah so I'm hoping they have a good set as well.

I would sell every one of my friends into slavery to get tickets for the Somewhere Back In Time tour. Every one.

I'm gutted that I'll have to suffer through Avenged Sevenfold to see Maiden, but your friends aren't worth missing Maiden at Twickers with the Powerslave set :P

Unbelieveable. Have you ever seen Avenged Sevenfold live? Truly awesome. I was already going to see maiden as it was, but the announcement of Sevenfold being there too just makes it all the more exciting. Honestly, Avenged Sevenfold, great live band. Although if its just 'not your thing' then fair enough.

Haven't got anything against the band themselves, they're good in their own way and I can see why they're there. I just don't like the whole screamy/shouty/raaaar vocals thing that a lot of bands have going on. They'll probably be fine when I'm there.

I like my singers to sing. Just a personal thing (with exceptions, like Dimmu Borgir and Bal-Sagoth style stuff, which is different. I guess ¬_¬).

To be honest, I've heard fuck-all A7X, and am basing my opinion of them on two songs :shifty:. That's probably quite bad.

Edited by Farmer Reil

To be honest, I've heard fuck-all A7X, and am basing my opinion of them on two songs :shifty:. That's probably quite bad.

It is, they sing a lot more nowadays, still a bit of screaming but its mostly clean vocals.

Probably going to go to the Turisas gig at the end of the month - the supoort (in the form of Alestorm) looks hilarious (pirate metal!)

I'm also probably going to see Sonata Artica, also here in Sheffield, in April.

Apparently Sundowner's coming at the end of the month. I have no idea where it is (Some weird venue), or how much it is, or how to get tickets, but I want to go.

I'm missing Reel Big Fish+Streetlight Manifesto+Sonic Boom Six and Jimmy Eat World+Styrofoam this month...I might as well try and get one good fucking gig.

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

The only two shows I have so far are looking fucking immense. The first is this thing called electric Thursdays, which is basically 1 rock band and a 60 piece orchestra are doing Darkside of The Moon by Pink Floyd! Yeah this thing looks incredible, pretty stoked for it.

The second is none other than THE MOTHAFUCKIN CURE! I can't wait to see them, even better is the tickets were FREE! God damn, this should be good.

2/17

Hellyeah

WITH SPECIAL GUESTS

Machinehead, Nonpoint and Bury Your Dead

I love Machine Head, they are the big reason of why I'm going but I also respect the members of Hellyeah so I'm hoping they have a good set as well.

Machine Head were fantastic but the guitarist of Bury Your Dead got mugged in Milwaukee so they didn't play. Nonpoint were crap however and Hellyeah were not horrible but Machine Head definitely got me into their set and seemed to enjoy the crowd.

Off the top of my head...

Megadeth

Apocalyptica

Billy Bragg

Scroobius Pip

Reuben

Stuck Mojo

Iron Maiden

Foo Fighters

Infectious Grooves

Public Enemy

I've yet to buy tickets for the Camden Crawl or Download, but I will do.

• 4 weeks later...

Had Turisas a couple of weeks ago where I've managed to pull a muscle, they were supported by Alestorm who were a great laugh. Part of the reason I'm going to Bloodstock later this year. Also part of that deal arte Nightwish, whom one is going to see next Tuesday, hopefully teh knee will be a little better by then...

• 1 month later...

BUUUUUUMP!!!! The schedule is 'stacked'.

May 16th

"GIVE IT A NAME PRESENTS..." (ft. Four Year Strong, The Color Fred, Meg & Dia and Mayday Parade)

Academy 2 - Newcastle

£5

May 17th

:::MAYBE:::

The Ting Tings

Northumbria Union - Newcastle

£10

If I can get time off work

May 19th

Crime In Stereo

Trillians - Newcastle

FREE!

May 20th

Sonic Boom Six (w/Big D & The Kids Table)

Academy 2 - Newcastle

£10

May 26th

"3volution Festival" (ft. Kate Nash, CSS, Hercules & The Love Affair, Crystal Castles, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Reverend & The Makers, Duffy, Lightspeed Champion and The Streets)

Quayside - Newcastle/Gateshead

£3.50

May 27th

Ignite (w/Death Before Dishonour)

Academy - Newcastle

£9

June 2nd

The Weakerthans

Scala - London

£12

If I have the money to spare. My brother is going though...he's also going to see Caribou there this Thursday. I wish I lived in London.

:(

...apparently I can get to London and back for £12? Fucking hell...

June 4th

Say Anything

Academy - Newcastle

£8.50

June 23rd

Ben Folds

Academy - Newcastle

£23.50 (x2)

How fucking expensive is that? I can literally travel to London and see The Weakerthans for 50p more.

August 22nd-24th

Leeds Festival

...featuring loads of cool shit...

August 26th

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM!!!

The Roadhouse - Manchester

£6

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

November 25th

New Found Glory (w/Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals)

Academy - Newcastle

£15

Fuck it...I've ordered a Weakerthans ticket. :D

Edited by YI

August 26th

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM!!!

The Roadhouse - Manchester

£6

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

When was this announced?

I concur with these woots! :w00t: