Top Posters In This Topic

August 26th

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM!!!

The Roadhouse - Manchester

£6

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

When was this announced?

I concur with these woots! :w00t:

I read about it on a forum last night. Was going to try and make it to the August 25th London show (maybe 'as well') but with the transport arrangements made for Leeds festival, it's impossible for me to do. Haven't figured out how I'm getting to Manchester yet, but I booked my ticket through seetickets this morning (meaning it came to like a tenner, but still, quality). It's like a 6 o'clock start or something strange.

Ace...look at discount coach companies...you'll seriously be able to get into Newcastle for a gig for like a fiver return.

Newcastle-London return = £12

Newcastle-Leeds return = £5

Edited by YI

Alkaline Trio on July 13th

Warped Tour on July 23rd

Possibily Less Than Jake or Rancid also, and Foxboro Hot Tubs, if they play any east coast dates

According to my desktop Calender, this is what I have left this year

Crystal Castles (Fuck, that's tomorrow. I'm a bit poor, might skip it)

Public Enemy

Gatecrasher Weekend Festival

Sparks

Foo Fighters

Download Festival

Jay-Z/Linkin Park

Iron Maiden

Reading

Not got anything big planned yet, I'm having to miss out on ATP next week, which is gutting, and probably going to miss most of the festival season, as I'm short on cash and I'm intending to move to London in September, which basically cuts short any big spending before that date - but hopefully leads to much more frequent gig-going post-then.

For now, though, I went to see Mud Morganfield (Muddy Waters' eldest son) a couple of days ago, which was alright, but the venue was dreadful, and the first few songs were naff, he didn't seem comfortable playing a lot of the old blues standards, much more in his element playing his own funkier stuff.

On Thursday I'm thinking of going to see The Specials...bizarrely, they're playing a shit hotel/nightclub in Jersey, with no entrance fee. Couple of weeks time Bad Manners are playing the same venue, so I might see them too.

I'll probably end up going to the Jersey Live Festival for the first time in years, too, as the line-up's not too bad by its standards:

The Zutons, We Are Scientists, Foals, The Courteeners, These New Puritans, Pendulum (DJ set), The Prodigy, The Go! Team, The Music, Goose, Crystal Castles, Black Kids, and a load of dance acts and DJs I've never heard of, and some local bands.

Admittedly I've never heard anything by The Courteeners, These New Puritans or Goose, and couldn't tell you more than one or two songs by Black Kids, Foals or We Are Scientists but compared to the usual line-up, it's pretty good. Probably going to be obscenely expensive, though, so might not be worth spending a load of cash basically just for The Go! Team and Crystal Castles. Ho hum.

But, yeah, Jersey's dreadful for gigs, so I don't see "big" bands very often.

Definite: Dave Matthews Band (June 14), Billy Joel (July 3), Bruce Hornsby (August 14)

Maybe: Armin van Buuren (May 23), Rush (July 11), Bruce Springsteen (August 2)

Would like to, but likely won't: Eric Clapton (June 4), Tiesto (June 22), The Police (July 31)

Updated. :shifty:

May 16th

"GIVE IT A NAME PRESENTS..." (ft. Four Year Strong, The Color Fred, Meg & Dia and Mayday Parade)

Academy 2 - Newcastle

£5

May 19th

Crime In Stereo

Trillians - Newcastle

FREE!

May 20th

Sonic Boom Six (w/Big D & The Kids Table)

Academy 2 - Newcastle

£10

May 26th

"3volution Festival" (ft. Kate Nash, CSS, Hercules & The Love Affair, Crystal Castles, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Reverend & The Makers, Duffy, Lightspeed Champion and The Streets)

Quayside - Newcastle/Gateshead

£3.50

May 27th

Ignite (w/Death Before Dishonour)

Academy - Newcastle

£9

June 2nd

The Weakerthans

Scala - London

£12

June 4th

Say Anything

Academy - Newcastle

£8.50

...fuck off Ben Folds...

July 16th

The Mars Volta

Roundhouse - London

£20

July 17th

Death Cab For Cutie (w/STYROFOAM!!!)

Brixton Academy - London

£17.50

August 22nd-24th

Leeds Festival

...featuring loads of cool shit...

August 26th

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM!!!

The Roadhouse - Manchester

£6

November 25th

New Found Glory (w/Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals)

Academy - Newcastle

£15

Edited by YI

A friend of mine informed me that Motorhead, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath (with Dio instead of Ozzy (N) ) and some other bands are playing a show in August. Needless to say I'm fucking pumped for Motorhead, and figure that Judas Priest should be solid.

But fucking Motorhead? My life will be complete.

Admittedly I've never heard anything by The Courteeners, These New Puritans or Goose, and couldn't tell you more than one or two songs by Black Kids, Foals or We Are Scientists but compared to the usual line-up, it's pretty good. Probably going to be obscenely expensive, though, so might not be worth spending a load of cash basically just for The Go! Team and Crystal Castles. Ho hum.

The Courteeners are sub-Libertines bullshit, fronted by a mouthy cunt that thinks he's a lyrical genius. They have one decent song though called "Cavorting".

The only song that I know by These New Puritans is Elvis. It's good.

Edited by metalman

Add another to the maybe category: Rock the Bells 2008 for July 26th. The lineup so far looks weaker compared to last year's show. Got Nas and Mos Def, plus half of Wu Tang. Tribe Called Quest is decent, but nothing like Cypress Hill or Talib Kweli or the full Wu like last year.

There's a live version of Suddenly I See on Drastic Fantastic, and while it's not brilliant, it's good enough. Plus, I can imagine the atmosphere will be rather good. It's in a forest, for crying out loud!

I find it hard to believe though that it'll be only my fifth ever concert, and I'm 17. Steps, Scissor Sisters (x2, including the second time being the most awesome moment ever when I was right at the front for the entire concert...), Alter Bridge and now KT Tunstall.

Okay, after a painstaking decision. Four Year Strong (Give It A Name Introduces...) is out. Apparently they're only doing a 25-minute set, and I have to work. 25 minutes of Four Year Strong is not worth £85 (With the £80 I'd lose from pulling a sicky >_<).

However, Joseph Arthur is here sometime next month. So I'll probably catch his show.