Gigs for 2008

Liam

Yeah, I'm sure if I go back a few pages, there'll be a topic on this, but fuck it.

So, what gigs have you got tickets for as the new year has begun.

My girlfriend got me some tickets to see The Dillinger Escape Plan in February, and I have picked up a couple to go see Turisas in March. Not enough good bands play Brighton though. Might go and see the Presidents of the USA as well.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Tickets:

A Wilhelm Scream (January 25th)

Reel Big Fish/Streetlight Manifesto (February 15th)

Might Be Going:

Leeds Festival (August 22nd-24th)

Kerrang Tour-Coheed & Cambria, Madina Lake, Fightstar & Circa Survive (February 5th)

The Feeling (March 11th)

Simian Mobile Disco (February 8th)

I'll probably plan/think about going to like loads of gigs...and go to about 4. :shifty:

So far...

Jan 20th - Avenged Sevenfold

Feb 1st/2nd - 30 Seconds to Mars / Bullet For My Valentine (can't remember which is which night though)

June 13th-15th - Download

I miss a load of gigs I would like to go to when they sell out while I'm at work, QOTSA being a recent example.

February 1st - NME Awards Tour: The Cribs, The Ting Tings, Does it Offend You, Yeah?

July - T in the Park

Other than that I have no idea, I buy tickets on a whim. I'd like to see some of the lesser known US(in the UK at least) bands like Modest Mouse, Death Cab For Cutie or The Decemberists, because I think it would be a completely different(and in some ways better) atmosphere to any of the other gigs I've been to. Definately looking forward to T in the Park though, last year was a highlight of my adult life, if not for the music just for the experience as a whole, music festivals are fucking awesome.

I'm hoping to get to All Tomorrow's Parties in May (Explosions In The Sky, Broken Social Scene, Dinosaur Jr., ....And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Ghostface Killah, Liars, Jens Lekman, Animal Collective, some other stuff) because even though the line-up's nowhere near as good as last month's ATP, if the atmosphere's anything like that, it'll still be a phenomenal weekend, and I want to go to ATP as often as possible now.

That and it would help in my new life ambition to see every living member of the Wu-Tang Clan, either individually or collectively, performing in a holiday camp.

If I can't make that one, I'm definitely going to attempt to make ATP's Nightmare Before Christmas in December, and if I don't do the Autumn Whitby Goth Weekender again then possibly do ATP's Release The Bats for Halloween.

I haven't got anything else planned. If anyone interesting plays the Jersey Live Festival (unlikely), then I might go to that, and in the off-chance that someone interesting plays Jersey for any other reason, then there's another possibility, but mostly it'll just be local gigs, as I don't get the time or money to get off the island to see "name" bands very often.

I didn't know tickets had gone on sale for Iron Maiden at Twickenham, really annoyed I couldn't get to go. I'd be even more pissed off if I hadn't seen them at Download last year. Speaking of which, I'll likely be going to that this year, depending on how good the lineup is. I'd like to go to Give It A Name this year, jsut for Finch and Glassjaw, but I don't have anyone to go with :/

I'm seeing Reuben at the Camden Barfly on the 22nd of this month (or is it the 23rd? May have to check that). 24th I'm at the Anson Rooms in Bristol for Explosions In The Sky (who've said they won't have any new stuff to showcase :() and then Alter Bridge on the 25th, I'm not entirely sure why, other than the fact that Ad wants to go, and having three gigs to go to in four days amused me.

Chances are I'll be trekking to London again or Birmingham in April for Reuben's next headline tour, too.

Clutch with special guests Murder by Death, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Hex Machine

Murder By Death?! I hate you. I honestly, sincerely do. "Like The Exorcist, But With More Breakdancing" is one of the most under-rated albums ever recorded.

I'm seeing Alter Bridge on the 20th and Linkin Park on the 25th this month. I'm then seeing some guy called Joe Bonamassa on February 24th with my Dad (Christmas present).

After that I hope to go to the Leeds Festival for the first time since 2004. Also when Supergrass tour this year (more than likely with a new album out in a few months) I'll see them too.