The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O51l7S7Sx3g

HOLY SHIT! The media shit storm grows. Read the spoilers if you don't want to watch the video/it goes down. It is about the hookers in GTA IV.

When you pick up hookers, you're given three choices; you can have sex, a hand job, or a BJ. The thing that is going to piss so many people off is that you see the hooker performing the hand job, the BJ (complete with Niko shoving her head down), and the hooker unzipping Niko then mounting him.

has anyone in the US been able to find a copy in stores early yet? i've searched in my local shops, and even went out of town to GameStop (and thought I had found what I was looking for, but it was just the promotional copies). 99% of stores won't have it out yet, but, hey, fuck it, who knows.

Thankfully, I get off work at 2 pm on release day. And get off the next day at 11 AM, and then have the next three days off. ^_^

I went to the shadey, ghetto store I always go to get games early. I have gotten several games on the Friday/Saturday before the release date at this place. I just KNEW I was going to be walking out of the store with a copy today. I talked to the guy (who runs it and is always playing the newest game on the tv out front) and he flat out said, if they had any copies, he'd be playing it. They are suppose to get their shipment in Monday afternoon and they'd start selling it then. So a lot of the chain stores have theirs, but the few "mom and pop" stores I have talked to haven't received their shipments.

You aren't getting it early. Its a huge release and if chain stores break the street date, they get a lawsuit. So your only bet is mom and pop stores that won't cause a big commotion if they release early. But then 2K just waits till the last possible day to ship them any copies.

Hm. The only store I didn't try in town was a place called Geeks Etc., which is in the back room of a women's clothing store (no joke). I have a friend who I used to work with that now works there, so I guess I'll ask him about it.

I'm just worried that Wal-Mart or my local Hastings won't have it. My best bet is probably K-Mart, since that place is usually dead at all times.

You aren't getting it early. Its a huge release and if chain stores break the street date, they get a lawsuit. So your only bet is mom and pop stores that won't cause a big commotion if they release early. But then 2K just waits till the last possible day to ship them any copies.

I just googled 'video game street dates broken' and a whole bunch of results came up including BioShock(Maybe not a huge release but published by the same company), Halo 3, Rock Band and others(including GTA IV). It happens. It has happened and though I'm not going to any stores to try my luck if somebody has the time to waste, eh, why not...sure the chances they'll get a copy are slim but not impossible.

For the love of God don't kill our hope! It's all we have right now.

TeamXbox - 10

- I won’t beat around the bush; Grand Theft Auto IV is the greatest game to come out for the Xbox 360 so far.

1up - A+

Gametrailers - 9.8

- The story rivals the stories found in action movies

- The shooting is great

- It's the most refined GTA ever

- It's less frustrating then other GTA

- It lives up to the hype

Eurogamer - 10

Gametrailers.com has a whole bunch of gameplay footage up in HD if anybody is bothered. A few more reviews in and still, 100 metacritic review. Looking at it though the fact that Bioshock was currently number 1 for 360 games just shows how over-rated that game was. Was it good? Yes, definately but not the best X360 game out by a long shot.

I was having to phone around all our preorders yesterday and today (worst job ever) to tell them their games were in ready for Tuesday release. The number of cheeky beggars who asked if they could come in and get it early.....SHAME ON THEM!

The guy at our place who had to do that made it interesting by betting us he could slip in certain phrases without being yelled it. He managed "homeslice."

I was having to phone around all our preorders yesterday and today (worst job ever) to tell them their games were in ready for Tuesday release. The number of cheeky beggars who asked if they could come in and get it early.....SHAME ON THEM!

The guy at our place who had to do that made it interesting by betting us he could slip in certain phrases without being yelled it. He managed "homeslice."

Hehehehe some geezer who I phoned had an answerphone that had him saying "Holler" and lots of "yo's" and called himself the "chocolate sex god" and told his mates to "text him yo".

With my manager and assistant manager close to tears of laughter in the office I, as calmly as possible, trying not to crack up left the message starting with "Hello Mr Chocolate Sex God, if you are indeed [insert name], holler. This is Luke at Gamestation Northfield yo. Your preorder etc etc etc...."

That definitely made the afternoon more entertaining.

I'm in charge on Tuesday release day (8:30 opening after the midnight launch earlier) and I've cleared it for us to be in fancy dress....I'm the scummy Eastern European tracksuited Nico type complete with shaved head and dirty stubble, our token black guy is dressing as some kind of ghetto Yardie, our token girl is dressing as a dangerous gangster crack-whore moll type and our token gay is dressing in a fine suit as a classy mafia type.

I'm downloading plenty of Eastern European music tomorrow....Beautiful. (Y)

Nice. I'm not actually working till Friday, which is bad in that I won;t be making any money, but good because I can just play GTA all week. We're not doing anything special other than the midnight launch though. Some guy was well annoyed on the phone because he thought the launch thing included music and light refreshments.