The OAO Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

abundant

Hadn't played GTA in months and months after getting stuck on the first Pegorino mission.

Fired it back up today and nailed it on the fourth attempt.

It reminded me of why I stopped playing this game though.

Four times I had to drive Pegorino and his crew half way across the map, then snipe, then enter into close combat with only the shittiest of guns (and an ever depleting supply of ammo - but I was damned if I was going to spend another 15 minutes buying more from Little Jacob), then enter into a car chase (God, I hate these - I suck at driving and they always get away.. infuriating!), another close combat gun wielding session, and a gentle drive taking Pegorino home.

Four times I had to do this. Drove me round the fucking twist. I dread to think how many times I tried it in the past before I gave up with GTA.

After that mission, before I had even left the premesis and gotten into a car, Pegorino had another mission for me. This time it was a simple case of driving somewhere and shooting everyone with a red arrow above their head. This was fine, but it felt like I had done it a billion times already and I am just so ready for this game to be completed.

Sadly, the stats tell me I am only 65% through this game. Starting to wish I had never bothered.

After those 2 missions, I'd had more than enough of GTA. Turned it off.

I played this online for the first time last night and even though I suck, I got the "Let Sleeping Rockstars Die" achievement on a gamertag I will only be using until Christmas when I get my gold membership.

I played this online for the first time last night and even though I suck, I got the "Let Sleeping Rockstars Die" achievement on a gamertag I will only be using until Christmas when I get my gold membership.

Why are you making a new tag just for gold?

Time to go get my 7 star online rating I think. I need around $5,000 and I'll have it.

Just yesterday, my GTA list updated with all of my relatively new friends added to it. I have no idea what took it so long, but it meant that anyone I met playing online recently, I wouldn't be able to play them again unless I appeared on their list and they invited me. :/

Ah well, at least it's in order now. Anyone know what causes that?

If there's people here who still play it, I'm up for a game or two whenever. Just say in here/PM/PSN. (Y)

EDIT: And got it. Was actually $8,000 I needed, not $5,000. :/

Edited by Baddar Santa

• 4 weeks later...

Lost & Damned preview: http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/947/947252p1.html

- It's 12 - 20 hours long, roughly 1/3 of GTA IV

- It's going to cost 1600 MS points

- Most of the missions will see you fighting with your gang. If your gang members survive a mission, they level up. If they die, a newbie member replaces them.

- 5 new weapons

- better bike handling

- mid mission checkpoints

The gang memeber levelling up thing is something I was hoping for in the build up for GTAIV. Having it here has definately piqued my interest. Not sure if i'll go for it at 1600 points. Actually, having it on disc would be nice, stupid 20 (13) gb hard drive.

I hate to take away from the Lost & Damned talk, but can anyone give me some tips for the Trespass mission where you have to attack the old Sprunk factory? I can't fucking beat it, and I really don't want to use codes, so any advice would be appreciated.

Any tips on the bike chase mission? The one on the 2nd or 3rd island where you have to chase and shoot the guy down, you see him threatening some guy on the floor then takes off when he spots you. He's just too damn fast and even when I press B to lock on his bike and try to shoot i cant hit him, not to mention I suck on bikes and keep losing control and crashing.

• 4 weeks later...

Lost & Damned reviews have started to crop up. Everyone is in agreement that this is the best DLC ever; most publishers would've packaged this as a full fledged game instead of DLC.

Some of the side missions include 25 gang wars to be won across Liberty City, a dozen new bike races, new bike theft missions, several odd jobs to tackle for various miscreants, 50 seagulls to find and kill, a new comedy show to enjoy, and some new mini-games. There's also a big shocker in one of the cut scenes.

male full frontal nudity