Which console is for you?

TMM

Which console is the best?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which console is the best?

• PlayStation3
    • Wii
    • X-Box 360

Grrr...I have just got my laptop back from HP after it's hardware died a death, and after playing some FM and surfing the net (something I haven't been able to do for over a week) I decide to play my Xbox 360 and play Mass Effect...DAMN YOU RINGS OF DEATH!!! Damn thing suddenly freezes, crashes and dies.

So this has given me an excuse/reason to get another console, which I've debating for a long while anyway, but I don't know which one to get. I'm leaning much further to a PS3, but I'm still not 100% sure. The PS3 bundle on Amazon.co.uk is £329.99 for the 40gb version with Ratchet and Clank and Drake's Fortune, which is swaying me. But the Wii sounds fun, so, options damnit!

Edited by Benji

You wanna console with stunning graphics, a growing online community, some groundbreaking games and Blu-Ray/PSP functions? Or a console that is a helluva load of fun to play, is full of excellently zany titles and will find itself happily being dragged out time and time again at family occassions or when your mates are round?

Completely different consoles for completely different purposes. Everyone SHOULD have both, few of us can afford it (including Captain McSkint here). You'll be happy with either, I won't give my personal opinion cos I'm a different person to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't like anything on the Wii. The few games I've played on the PS3 have been fun but nothing I really wanted to get a PS3 to play. XBOX360 is still my favorite system.

Edited by Pepsi

I've played all three systems, and the only way to go for me is the 360. If this was a couple of years ago, I would've shot the me that said this... but yeah, with the support of more developers and just everything else that has come their way, Microsoft really took off with the console war. After the epic fail of the PSP, I started to lose faith in Sony and after their TNA booking like decisions with the PS3, I've decided to just leave them with a big no. The 360 has my full support... and I really hate the Wii controller and everything... but in a few years I might get one if only for the N64 virtual console that might be built up by then.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Apsham. Not too long ago I would have considered myself a Sony diehard, and never would have dreamed of getting anything other than a PS3 when it came to the next gen systems. But some of the mind boggling stuff I read about the PS3 made me more and more aprehensive about getting one, and I was eventually coerced into getting a 360 instead. My only regret is Square Enix being bitches and making FFXIII a PS3 exclusive...and even then my fanboyism isn't going to get me to shell out my money on it.

So, my next payday comes at the end of the month and I'm trying to decide between a 360 and PS3. Any help on what I should choose based on the games? I should let you know that FPS's bore me, as do most racing games, so don't try and drag me in with those as that's what most people seem to talk about when I mention either system.

• 2 weeks later...

just wondering does the Ps3 have any bugs or have they worked them all out

I haven't noticed any bugs for a few months.

The last thing I had problems with was Assassin's Creed in the first couple of weeks after launch before the firmware update a couple of updates back which got rid of the crashing issue. (Y)

thats cool. what about the console itself , is it sturdy ? does it get really hot after a marathon of gaming? Is it a dust magnet like the Ps2 ?

and is the laser stronger than the ps2 ? cause I hate how after watching dvds and playing ps2 and ps1 games that my laser in the ps2 is basically shit now.

It's a ridiculous dust magnet but it's strangely cathartic to wipe all the dust off every now and again.

I personally feel it doesn't get too hot although you can feel the heat it blows out.

As for sturdiness you can turn it on end or flat while a game or movie is playing and it's nicely chunky feeling. It feels expensive. Also, I was told recently that there were tests done on the PS3 where they put it in a deep freezer, defrosted it and it still played perfectly happily afterwards....Which is cool.....If you live in northern Canada.