Sleeping Albums

Benji

So we pretty much all have them I'd assume, what are those albums that help send you to sleep? For me the one album that works is "Brushfire Fairytales" by Jack Johnson. I can't listen to it too much because it starts annoying me if I use it for that purpose (thinking about it then also prevents me sleeping), but it really is perfect, "Inaudible Melodies" is the most wonderful mentally relaxing song <3

I used to fall asleep to The Subliminal Verses on maximum volume, so maybe I'm not the perfect candidate to answer this question. That said, however, Jose Gonzalez' Veneer is the best chill out / sleeping album I have ever, ever had the absolute pleasure of hearing.

I used to just listen to Talksport radio as I was falling asleep...Which was fine unless Ian Collins and the Creatures of the Night were in particuarly good form, then I'd still be awake three hours later.

I can't listen to anything now as the mrs is in bed and she's probably assault me if I tried to listen to something.

Actually, musically I never listened to anything when going to sleep, although I have had a few baths with relaxing music - usually my general "relaxing" stuff I always pimp like Sigur Ros or Boards of Canada.

I don't really use music to fall asleep to, although a number of times I've put on something like Stephen Fretwell to just relax to and fallen asleep.

Usually if I don't want to fall asleep immediately I'll through on one of the many different podcasts that loiter around my laptop. I can drift in and out of those, as I feel myself going I'll try to close the laptop and then pick up where I left off the next night.

• 2 weeks later...