Eurovision...The Long, Two Month Wait for AWESOMENESS Starts Here...

Katsuya

Guest chatterbox

Have the changed the format? I can't remember the semi finals ever being televised.

EDIT: My actual question is, will the final be the same? As in, will the UK be there?

Edited by chatterbox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is that singing for Ireland?!?!

Dustin The Turkey, used to be on Ireland's kids TV show The Den. If you remember Zig and Zag from the Big Breakfast and whatever else they were on in the UK. Dustin is done by the same lot of people as far as I know. He's had several Christmas hits in Ireland and done duets with Bob Geldof (covering Rat Trap) and Chris DeBurgh (covering Patricia The Stripper) among others.

Did anyone see the feature about Eurovision in the Sunday Times? It was about how we should turn it into a music Champions League sort of thing and have actual good bands represent the countries.

Their suggested representative for UK was Amy Winehouse. pfffffffft.

Have the changed the format? I can't remember the semi finals ever being televised.

EDIT: My actual question is, will the final be the same? As in, will the UK be there?

Spain, Germany, UK, France (because they're rich) and Serbia (as hosts) all automatically qualify. Plus the ten winners from each semi-final. Making 25 finalists.

The smart money is still on Latvia. They'll kpwn the second semi, and then rock the final too :P

Latvia are pretty much guaranteed to go through aren't they on Eastern Bloc voting? I'll cry if not. Loving Spain and France though, is France one of Justice with a fake beard?

France is Sebastian Tellier, who is actually a currently respected musician, so what he's doing in this joke is beyond me.

Since I'm so delicious, I'm going to put all the performances that made it in to the final in this, with the YouTube links, in the order that they'll perform.

1. Romania - Nico & Vlad "Pe-o Margine de Lume"

2. Position Not Yet Filled
  3. Germany - No Angels "Disappear"
  4. Armenia - Sirusho "Qele Qele"
  5. Bosnia & Herzegovina - Laka "Pokusaj"
  6. Israel - Boaz "The Fire In Your Eyes"

7. Position Not Yet Filled
  8. Poland - Isis Gee "For Life"
  9. Position Not Yet Filled
  10. Position Not Yet Filled
  11. Position Not Yet Filled
  12. Position Not Yet Filled
  13. Position Not Yet Filled
  14. Position Not Yet Filled
  15. Position Not Yet Filled
  16. Position Not Yet Filled
  17. France - Sebastien Tellier "Divine"
  18. Azerbaijan - Elnur and Sanir "Day After Day"
  19. Greece - Kalomira "Secret Combination"

20. Russia - Dima Bilan "Believe"
  21. Norway - Maria Haukass Storeng "Hold On Be Strong"
Edited by Katsuya

Dustin should have advanced! C'mon, he namedropped SEVERAL countries!!!

I'm starting to think we may actually go as far as winning, but that still remains to be seen. Differing from other participants may go a long way again this year <_<

Edited by Verder