WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like CAF, but it needs more options. I want to create a move that's like John Morrisons combination where he throws his opponent across his knee then hits a neckbreaker, but with a DDT finish instead, and you can't have anything like that backbreaker set-up. I wish all the moves in the game were available as options, or even templates.

They took it out for cut scenes because your CAW can't be in any, You can change your entrance attire by making your CAW in "Change Entrance Attire" and then switch over to "Change Match Attire" and delete everything you don't want to use in the match, TBH the old way of checking boxes for it was better.

So, in CAW does anyone know how to differentiate between your ring, cutscene, and entrance attire? It won't break the game if they took that out, but it would make me very sad, especially when they have fucking Jay Lethal's Randy Savage-inspired glasses in the game.

No cutscene attires since there's only RTWM this year, but you can have entrance attires. It's on one of the last tabs in CAW, you click on whether you're editing your match attire or your entrance attire, much simpler system this year.

On another note... anyone interested in our yearly attempt at making an online league? I'll gladly put something together if enough people show interest.

Silly Smackdown vs. Raw with their CHANGES.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy that the WWE ripped off TNA by stealing Black Machismo's tights and glasses, along with Samoa Joe's tights. I also like that Rey Mysterio's mask is in the CAW section. All in all the CAW is pretty fucking awesome, and I already know that Samoa Joe, Jyushin Liger, Stevie Richards, Black Machismo, and quite a few others will be pretty easy to recreate. That's just glancing over stuff, too.

Silly Smackdown vs. Raw with their CHANGES.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy that the WWE ripped off TNA by stealing Black Machismo's tights and glasses, along with Samoa Joe's tights. I also like that Rey Mysterio's mask is in the CAW section. All in all the CAW is pretty fucking awesome, and I already know that Samoa Joe, Jyushin Liger, Stevie Richards, Black Machismo, and quite a few others will be pretty easy to recreate. That's just glancing over stuff, too.

You mean THQ ripped off TNA... I'm sure WWE had very little to do with what's included in the CAW mode...

I love the game this year. The RTWs are great, although I think next year (if they keep them) they should start the night after WrestleMania, and continue on until the next Mania... you'd get more than one storyline that way as well with each person you could take through it I'm sure.

The career mode is cool... reminds me of the old smackdown career modes minus cutscenes and nonsensical storylines. I just wish they would hurry up with the DLC... I want Dibiase and Bourne... and hopefully they will put out a few other guys as well and some extra alternate attires, like Jericho for example. I wouldn't mind his chainlink tights or even his new trunks...

Edited by JairusCain

I've heard his new trunks are DLC as well. There's a video on YouTube with Jericho wearing the trunks. I don't think there's anyone on earth that can make a CAW Jericho that looks just like the actual game version, so I don't believe it's a fake.

I'll probably be buying this game this weekend. It's been too long since I've played a wrestling game. I kinda lost interest in Fire Pro. Besides, I want to know who sent Jericho that weird Titantron message!!?!? :P

I've heard his new trunks are DLC as well. There's a video on YouTube with Jericho wearing the trunks. I don't think there's anyone on earth that can make a CAW Jericho that looks just like the actual game version, so I don't believe it's a fake.

I'll probably be buying this game this weekend. It's been too long since I've played a wrestling game. I kinda lost interest in Fire Pro. Besides, I want to know who sent Jericho that weird Titantron message!!?!? :P

Oh cool I hadn't seen that video, but I just looked it up and it looks legit to me. As far as I've ever noticed, you don't see a light glare on the trunks of created wrestlers like that. I wonder if they'll be nice and release an update for Brian Kendrick and Randy Orton (attire/tattoos) and the like.

So, in CAW does anyone know how to differentiate between your ring, cutscene, and entrance attire? It won't break the game if they took that out, but it would make me very sad, especially when they have fucking Jay Lethal's Randy Savage-inspired glasses in the game.

No cutscene attires since there's only RTWM this year, but you can have entrance attires. It's on one of the last tabs in CAW, you click on whether you're editing your match attire or your entrance attire, much simpler system this year.

On another note... anyone interested in our yearly attempt at making an online league? I'll gladly put something together if enough people show interest.

I am in for sure

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy that the WWE ripped off TNA by stealing Black Machismo's tights and glasses

Randy Savage says hi.

The rumor going around now is that the DLC will be out tomorrow and will be called the "Launch Pack," which to me says you have to buy EVERYTHING and it'll be ridiculously overpriced. Hopefully I'm wrong on that part, but it would be nice to have DiBiase and Bourne in... I really just want DiBiase's awesome music though.

If THQ stays on the ball and releases regular DLC (don't hold your breath), I would fully expect an attire update for Orton, a complete overhaul for Kendrick and maybe even Vladimir Kozlov.

Edited by Zero

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy that the WWE ripped off TNA by stealing Black Machismo's tights and glasses

Randy Savage says hi.

The rumor going around now is that the DLC will be out tomorrow and will be called the "Launch Pack," which to me says you have to buy EVERYTHING and it'll be ridiculously overpriced. Hopefully I'm wrong on that part, but it would be nice to have DiBiase and Bourne in... I really just want DiBiase's awesome music though.

If THQ stays on the ball and releases regular DLC (don't hold your breath), I would fully expect an attire update for Orton, a complete overhaul for Kendrick and maybe even Vladimir Kozlov.

Hurr. No shit, but they're direct ripoffs of what Black Machismo is wearing. I don't know if it's right now since I don't watch TNA, but the glasses and tights are the exact same as what made Jay Lethal into Black Machismo. I know who Randy Savage is. =/

Randy Savage says hi.

Hurr. No shit, but they're direct ripoffs of what Black Machismo is wearing. I don't know if it's right now since I don't watch TNA, but the glasses and tights are the exact same as what made Jay Lethal into Black Machismo. I know who Randy Savage is. =/

So you mean, it HASN'T been put in there for people who want to make a Jay Lethal caw!? Smackdown games have aaalways had things that are 'ripoffs' or very similar to other wrestlers in order for people to make CAWs of them. Hence the Road Warriors, Sting and Ultimate Warrior facepaint making appearances. I wouldn't call it a ripoff.

Um, what? When did I say that?

And how is something not a ripoff if it... well, copies directly what something is? I'm in no way condemning Smackdown, because I think it's awesome that they rip off stuff for CAWs. But yes, it's a ripoff of Jay Lethal/Randy Savage/whatever, Samoa Joe, Sting., the Ultimate Warrior, Jyushin Liger, etc., etc.

Edited by Will.

• Admin

Finished Taker, HHH (both routes) and Batista / Mysterio (both ways) RTWM so far - very enjoyable. Some good unlockables this year. Can't decide which one to do next though.

I enjoy the little touches they've put in - like the different speeds people enter into the ring during the Royal Rumble, the ref admonishing people and the Roster Editor is brilliant for anally retentive people like me (Free Agent category is very handy at the moment!)

And nothing is more fun than calling Hornswoggle and then blasting someone with the shelleigh. :)