WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to my lack of money I'm going to have to uhm *aquire* it through other means for the time being, which will be sucky due to loading times being terrible on copied games. :(

Oh well, PS3 at X-Mas hopefully. :)

Any news from anyone on who the Tony guy is?

Edited by Commander TKz Brannigan

I think America's the last place to get it apart from Japan. Comes out officially in the UK on Friday.

I don't know about branching storylines for the RTWM mode, I haven't experienced any so far but then again I'm not very far into the one I'm doing. I did lose a match and had to replay it or quit though.

Regarding RTWM

Do they all start at Royal Rumble? That's kinda lame. :\ Also Punk is on ECW? Wassupwithdat?

Also I haven't encountered any branching storylines yet.

Oh and, did I miss anything decent by not beating Big Daddy V in under 2 mins? I was litteraly a second off >;[

Edited by Commander TKz Brannigan

CM Punk is on ECW in RTWM because voiceover work is done long before the draft.

That aside, this is sounding more and more like another THQ letdown-a-thon. They seriously need to lose the WWE license, but apparently they have an option to renew through 2013. Lame.

RTWM sounds cool, but it also sounds like a lot of non-delivered promises (a THQ specialty). No one's talking about branching storylines, there was supposedly 40 hours of gameplay combined across all six storylines, but it sounds more like 10-15 hours.

Career mode sounds like an embarrassment and you have to take every CAW you make through it in order to get their stats up, create-a-belt is inexplicably gone, GM Mode (which could have really been something special) is gone, and it sounds like they once again took more moves out of the game, which they seem to do every year.

It's typical Smackdown Syndrome, get me all excited through October and then when the game comes out, it's still a Smackdown game, which have all pretty much sucked save for Here Comes the Pain and 2006.