WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Bourne, Haas, Dibiase and Super Crazy are pretty huge. But yeah, fuck them for microtransactioning lame ass alternate attires... Diva Christmas outfits = horse armor.

What the hell's up with the WCW stuff in the unlockables?!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombie Finlay/Santino?

What the hell? This just keeps sounding more and more awesome.

On WWE.com there is a Superstars Turned Zombie section to celebrate Halloween. Some of them look pretty cool. Love how Edge looks.

What the hell's up with the WCW stuff in the unlockables?!

THAT had me very intrigued. I can't wait to see what's going on there.

Mike "Eat-em-le" is the best name for the WWE.com zombies.

But yeah, that WCW stuff is intriguing, I have a feeling a new WCW Invasion is going to play a role in one of the Road to WrestleManias, which is pretty awesome. Seriously, for all the shit I give this series and even though they left out key people in the Road to WrestleMania mode, it sounds like it's going to be one of the coolest story modes ever in a wrestling game.

On one of the past previews, it stated that on the career mode you can have your wrestler as a raw, ecw, legend or another secret brand supersta, which I am guessing is wCw. Hopefully you unlock it in rtw, as an invasion storyline, done proper, would kick ass. Oh and how the hell is Hornswoggle going to work, seeing as the moves will just look silly. Hopefully he is just part of Finlays finisher or something like a cutscene in rtw.

As a newbie on this whole X-Box thingy, I have a question: do you usually have to pay for DLC, or something?

The vast majority of Download Content comes at a price. There are select things that get released for free... but I don't see much being released free for SVR. Maybe alternate attires like zombie stuff, or christmas divas... novelty shit like that.

Wrestler downloads will probably cost 80 microsoft points. 160 seems a bit overpriced considering that you can find a formula and create a guy in a relatively short amount of time... but we'll see what happens.

Wrestler downloads will probably cost 80 microsoft points. 160 seems a bit overpriced considering that you can find a formula and create a guy in a relatively short amount of time... but we'll see what happens.

I think you're being way too nice to Microsoft... I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see 400 MS points per wrestler, if not even more than that.

I think you're being way too nice to Microsoft... I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see 400 MS points per wrestler, if not even more than that.

So, I guess I'll be waiting for people to post the formulas of the DLC wrestlers then... I feel like 160 is too much. I might still pay 160, but I'd feel dirty about it. 400 would be overkill though. Might as well just wait for next year's game at those prices.

I'm just saying... this is the same service that charges $2 for a four minute song on games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero, I wouldn't be surprised if they want THQ to price something like this even higher.

Exactly, so for me there's little point for downloadable content like that. I'm not saying it's a bad idea because there's WWE fanatics out there who will definitely pay for them but not me.

If they included legends as downloadable content I may be interested, but lower midcarders who I don't really give two hoots about isn't going to pull me in. Extra arenas or match types would have me listening.

Ted DiBiase and Evan Bourne aren't exactly lower midcarders though... they've both been involved in some pretty high profile angles and they're really the two biggest guys that have debuted in WWE that didn't make the cutoff for this game. Having the opportunity to get them in the game is a pretty big deal.