WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding to the conversation about alt. attires, I'm hyped to see Kane with the mask again. :) Especially since it's the 02-03 Masked Kane which was always my favourite. Also, if you cannot download/unlock/make a good American Badass Undertaker, I'll be an unhappy bunny.

EB Broke their release date for Australia, so I have the game right now!

I watched the Blu-ray that comes with the special edition first, and i'm already marking out. BILLY KIDMAN~! was one of the mo-cappers and makes an appearance in the making of feature.

UPDATE: Markout #2 - hitting my first Reality Check

Edited by Plubby

wwe.com

I don't know if this has been posted, but WWE.com is giving out codes for unlockable characters/attires/etc everyday this week. So far is the code for Jericho's Attitude attire as well as Jillian Hall.

Chris Jericho - AltJerichoModelSvR09

Jillian Hall - PlayAsJillianHallSvR

EB Broke their release date for Australia, so I have the game right now!

I watched the Blu-ray that comes with the special edition first, and i'm already marking out. BILLY KIDMAN~! was one of the mo-cappers and makes an appearance in the making of feature.

UPDATE: Markout #2 - hitting my first Reality Check

Tell us about the career mode thing....any good?

Now, I am a huge Miz fan (Hell, since Real World) and I even like the Reality Check, but what the heck is up with people and this move1? I don't think I've seen a finisher talked about more on any forums at all. Now even though I like it, I've always felt sort of meh, about it as finisher as I see it as pretty much a neckbreaker. But I've seen 20+ posts of people saying it was going to be their finisher, as well as many more requesting for people who got it early to post what it looked like a few days ago.

I don't know, it's just sort of weird, this high demand for the move.

Ruki: Admittedly career mode is bland.

I started out on th cruiserweight champ path. I could face any one of Brian Kendrick, Kofi, Santino or Chavo. At the end of each match, you get points based on how well you do in certain categories, as well as some sort of star rating. Once i'd built up X amount of "stars", I could challenge the leftover guy out of those 4 for the #1 contenders match, then after that I could challenge Paul London for the title. Then they move you onto the next title path.

Road to Wrestlemania is actually really good I think. They even work in stuff that's happened previously in the storyline into the commentary, as opposed to just being the usual events-driven stuf - like "Just two weeks ago, Jericho and *spoiler* were against each other, now they're teaming!" kind of thing.

Edited by Plubby

No online achievements :D

Unless the secret ones are online, that'd suck.

Career mode is a little bland, but I like the idea of the stas being built up being affected by how you play, i.e. no taunts = no charisma points.

Create a finisher is awesome, shame it's limited to ready moves. But on my lunch break I made an Argentine clutch into gutbuster into samoan clutch into tombstone set up with a 360 spin into traditional piledriver set up into cradle piledriver. The uberdriver, if you will. And slowing down the spin to 25% (or 50? Whatever's the lowest) was hilarious. If you can use created finishers online, some people are going to get fucking annoyed.

Gameplay's better this year too, I like how they've toned down the emphasis on fighting styles, I don't need to worry about what I can and can't do and what the fuck the combinations are, and just get on with it. Commentary still blows, graphics haven't really improved that much, but otherwise much better than '08. And the single player cameras that try to mimic the real broadcast angles are sweet too, bit odd to get used to, and some of them can hinder rather than help at times, but it's a nice touch. That brekaing glass animation on the finishers needs to go though.

You can switch off the breaking glass animation, and the camera cuts, right? I heard you could, as well as put back in the numbers and words to go along with the referee, for those who liked those.

Ruki: I do reccommend purchasing the game in the abstract, but I don't own any previous in the series, so I don't know if its enough of an upgrade to be worth purchasing. I am having a blast playing the game in all its modes, its just that the structure of career mode is bland - all you do is wrestle, and choose match types. Now the gameplay is good enough for me to make that worth it, but I can see others that wouldn't consider that worth it.

wwe.com

I don't know if this has been posted, but WWE.com is giving out codes for unlockable characters/attires/etc everyday this week. So far is the code for Jericho's Attitude attire as well as Jillian Hall.

Chris Jericho - AltJerichoModelSvR09

Jillian Hall - PlayAsJillianHallSvR

And now they've added the Saturday Night's Main Event arena.

SatNightMainEventSvR

WWE.com has photos from a Media Event featuring it, one of the pictures made me laugh because it had a screen in the background featuring a comparrison to not only TNA iMPACT, but also... Soul Calibur IV? Now come on, I don't thing it's necessary to point out that iMPACT can't hold a candle to SvR, but to also try and have a go at SCIV which is essentially a completely differant type of game? :x Seemed a bit unnecessary.

Also, this event had a really random selection of superstars.

Ezikal Jackson, DH Smith, Randy Orton, Beth Pheonix, Dusty Rhodes, Gavin Spears and Jack Swagger.

The picture of Big Ziek with a controller in his hands is awesome. Guy's hands are huge.

Edited by Commander TKz Brannigan