WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not missing one thing mentioned that they took away, just ewww really. The create-a-belt feature was just something to waste money on when you got everything else, and all the belts looked like shit on the wrestlers anyways... if you got the proper entrance that let you show them coming out with them anyways. GM mode was fucking broken ten ways from Sunday and I don't think anything could've saved that sinking ship. The thing with stats for CAWs is likely to slow down the online 100 CAW vs. 100 CAW thing... but all in all, I think with CAW trading it won't be THAT big of an issue. I just wish they'd have a marketplace that had good looking CAWs that DIDN'T have their stats jacked all the way up, or a way to edit down those horribly overblown stats.

THQ has done got EA Sports syndrome in regards to the difficulty setting. Normal is ridiculously easy while 'Hard' is too hard. Although admittedly I've only tried hard in a fatal 4-way and after the first guy's gone the other two seem to team up on you unless you can hide out in the corner.

AD's right, Normal is absurdly easy. Hard is perfect for me, it's *just* enough reversals to be challenging without being an exercise in controller-snapping frustration. It gets a little cheap when the game reverses three moves in a row, but it taught me very quickly to vary my offense. Gone are the days I spent playing on a friends HCTP where the winner would just spam Triple H's high knee ad nauseum.

EDIT: Also, I just wasted a code by unlocking Jericho's Attitude era costume the hard way.

Edited by Plubby

This is unforgivably boring. It's a shame becuase there's some nice touches, but it's just so damn slow and plodding in the ring I feel like I might lapse into a coma at any moment. Even the one fun character from last year, CM Punk is as dull as everyone else, strangely that is, bar Orton who is actually fun.

It's certainly slower than the TNA game, which is quite realistic if you consider the styles of matches each company has. I would love it if they adopt Midway's approach to reversals in that you can do them at certain points of the move rather than having to reverse before the move is actually initiated.