WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm downloading it now. I can't say I'm exactly itching to play it, but it'll be nice to get an idea of it so I know as wether too buy or not. I didn't really like 08 much and didn't play it for long. Might give it a go later after BIA.

So I got the demo yesterday - this is my first SDvR game (aside from the abomination that was the DS version) and I have to say that it's a lot of fun. It took a couple matches to get fully used to the grapple system, but once I did it was mad fun. Can't wait for it to come out.

Edited by The High Britches Kid

I'm kind of conflicted about this. The new tag match format was way better than ever before. I had no qualms with AI, the large annoying ref count numbers are gone (with an option to put them back up if you like them), the commentary was sound (a lot better than previous years in some ways, though lacking severely in others), and the core gameplay hadn't changed from the current formula, which I have to say is a good thing.

But I can't say it really made me want to buy it. Entrances were the same, there's no noticeable graphical improvement, and despite moves apparently being reanimated (again), I don't see it. I dunno, maybe I'll need to see the Create Modes before I can commit.

Entrances were the same, there's no noticeable graphical improvement, and despite moves apparently being reanimated (again), I don't see it.

What do you expect them to do with entrances that are the same? I mean... if Batista's entrance in real life hasn't changed since 2005, why should it change in Smackdown? And as for graphics, the game looks amazingly good if you ask me, but I didn't play 08, so maybe that's why I'm noticing a huge difference.

Entrances were the same, there's no noticeable graphical improvement, and despite moves apparently being reanimated (again), I don't see it.

What do you expect them to do with entrances that are the same? I mean... if Batista's entrance in real life hasn't changed since 2005, why should it change in Smackdown? And as for graphics, the game looks amazingly good if you ask me, but I didn't play 08, so maybe that's why I'm noticing a huge difference.

The graphics look better to me, and the gameplay certainly seems a lot faster. That was my main problem with 08, the matches just drudged along so slowly. And I agree about the entrances. Why do people wish for THQ to waste their time on having HHH do an extra look around the arena on the ramp, or have Batista hit his chest an extra time? It's pointless. (Plus, they do little changes to their entrances each year anyway, and they still whine.)

Edited by Zeel1

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/27/smackd...-collectors-ed/

THQ just announced a Collector's Edition for WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, and it's exclusive to the PS3.

The Collector's Edition includes an extra Blu-ray disc with "a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the videogame, as well as more than two hours of WWE footage." The North American version with have a "steel cage packaging," while Europe and Asia will get their bundle in a mini-ring -- because you're not hardcore enough to step into a steel cage, son. The press release was shy on a price unfortunately; however, with a Sunday, November 9 release so close, we should have that info soon enough.

I wonder if the Highlight Reel mode will also work as just a "instant replay" feature (such as in Madden games) during matches, instead of going loading screen to loading screen, etc. I've always wanted to see a huge bump over and over again.

Edited by giveemwar

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1424...ndy_102908.html

Happy to know that Voices is Ortons theme :)

Not so happy that it looks like the PUNT is Ortons finisher.

IGN always shows the weaker of the two finishers for some reason.

The stalking RKO is in this year, I have no idea why THQ wouldn't want IGN showcasing that.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/27/smackd...-collectors-ed/

THQ just announced a Collector's Edition for WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, and it's exclusive to the PS3.

The Collector's Edition includes an extra Blu-ray disc with "a behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of the videogame, as well as more than two hours of WWE footage." The North American version with have a "steel cage packaging," while Europe and Asia will get their bundle in a mini-ring -- because you're not hardcore enough to step into a steel cage, son. The press release was shy on a price unfortunately; however, with a Sunday, November 9 release so close, we should have that info soon enough.

Gaaaaayyy. Like, supergay.