WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be a any storylines in season mode? Or will it be all stats and the like?

I haven't read anything officially but I think the season mode won't have storylines and you'll have the other mode with the 7 wrestlers with detailed specific storylines, voiceovers and different endings and story branches.

I didn't buy last years version but THQ has certainly caught my eye with now having a way for everyone to use their favorite wrestler in more then just exhibition matches. I'm not sure if Midway finally releasing TNA Impact had anything to do with them stepping up their game a little bit but I'm glad. I read on the Q/A that the Cory Lesdema (I think thats his name) said that this year definitely has the best actual gameplay of any of the past iterations so I'm hoping that's the case.

I think the career mode kinda sounds like shit, actually. It's just a series of matches with no rhyme or reason, it's like playing RAW on the SNES. Seriously, why can't they just do a generic text-based season mode like HCTP or No Mercy to compliment the detailed Road to WrestleMania? As always with Smackdown, one step forward, two steps back.

And that leaked roster isn't accurate. Cryme Tyme's not on the list and they're in the game and MVP's not on the list and I'm 99% sure he's in.

I think the career mode kinda sounds like shit, actually. It's just a series of matches with no rhyme or reason, it's like playing RAW on the SNES. Seriously, why can't they just do a generic text-based season mode like HCTP or No Mercy to compliment the detailed Road to WrestleMania? As always with Smackdown, one step forward, two steps back.

And that leaked roster isn't accurate. Cryme Tyme's not on the list and they're in the game and MVP's not on the list and I'm 99% sure he's in.

It seems that way, yeah.

And SURELY MVP is in. It'd be the biggest omission in the history of...omissions (¬_¬) if he was left out.

It seems that way, yeah.

And SURELY MVP is in. It'd be the biggest omission in the history of...omissions (¬_¬) if he was left out.

Bigger than 80's Hogan, Hollywood Hogan and 2000 Hogan? I THINK NOT!

If Beth Phoenix is a skinny & tall motherfucker like all the other divas seem to be in the SDvRAW series, I'm going to be seriously pissed. They can't seem to make realistic diva models for the life of them.

I think she's actually pretty realistic. You can see her here.

I think Rey could easily carry Santino on his shoulders like Beth did. I mean, Rey is tiny, but Santino isn't exactly a super heavyweight guy either...

I'm pretty hyped up about the game, got one question though... Will it also be available on PS2, or next-gen consoles only?

Edited by TheBoss

SvR 08 had pretty much all of the features of PS3 version on PS2. I'm not 100% but I think all that was left out was the graphics weren't as good and CAW had like a few more layers or something?

SvR are pretty good with there PS2 versions in that I believe there ported over from the PS3 version, where as wasn't iMPACT a port of the Wii version or something?

Either way, I highly doubt we'll be missing out on much other than graphics if we play PS2.

You could go into the crowd in 07? That's weird :x

I dont think you could do that on any version of 08.

Unless you mean that one specific spot that you could go into, in which case that was included in PS2 07. :)

Edited by TheKazarian