WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

I like the idea of character-specific storylines, but for fuck's sake, SEVEN GUYS?! And no Orton, Edge or Michaels?

But apparently there is going to be a mode where you can use other characters/CAW....maybe a non-voice acting season like HCTP?

I didn't see that in the article, did I miss it?

It was mentioned somewhere in an interview, it was linked on the IGN Boards last night.

This was it.

"However, another mode that we're not discussing yet will be able to support a bunch more options for the players that like to have the free rein, the multiple decisions to use created elements in that mode."
Edited by Ruki Kōzuki

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But apparently there is going to be a mode where you can use other characters/CAW....maybe a non-voice acting season like HCTP?
*Remembers the "Diva Pie" storyline with fondness...* 'What "Pie" are you talking about?'

New GameSpot video confirms some new details:

Largest roster in "recent" years, over 60 playable wrestlers confirmed including some newly announced - Cody Rhodes, Chuck Palumbo and Jimmy Wayne Yang.

The Wii version has interactive entrances which helps you build momentum before the match. The Wii also has more match types including Cage and Hell in a Cell.

Jericho, Punk, and Kennedy are all confirmed to have alternate attires - definitely seems like the most alternate costumes in a SD game in years.

Triple H has an overall of 91. He only has one stat in the 90's, 92 in Charisma. Everything else is mid/low 80's. Anyone else think that was weird? John Cena at least has two stats in the 90's.

...and it figures, I remember that you can't max out stats anymore.....after posting. Ugh.

Edited by Ruki Kōzuki

Jericho, Punk, and Kennedy are all confirmed to have alternate attires - definitely seems like the most alternate costumes in a SD game in years.

Ooh, CM Punk in a suit! >_>

Hopefully Jericho's is his trunks look to keep things more recent but I wouldn't mind if it's just a different design on his tights, as long as he's not wearing a suit. I have a feeling it could just be their usual attires but with t-shirts or something.

Hopefully Jericho either has the full length tights or has them as his alternate attire.

Kennedy is a weird choice for someone to have alternate attire in the game. I wonder if any of the divas will have alternates - and if so, I'm hope its not freakin' Kelly Kelly again.

Punk and Jericho both have alternate attires, I saw on a vid, when they pressed on them, "Costume A" came up for both of them, in the On The Spot interview vids.

From those, I can also confirm that Cody Rhodes and Jimmy Wang Yang are in...yay.

Kofi IS in - he's been revealed in the Smackdown countdown or whatever it's called over on IGN. They're revealing the roster piece by piece over there.

So I already know then who I am playing as on my first career mode.......i think last time around.

You'll be able to play him in the story mode right? although he's not really on the mic that much?

Kofi IS in - he's been revealed in the Smackdown countdown or whatever it's called over on IGN. They're revealing the roster piece by piece over there.

So I already know then who I am playing as on my first career mode.......i think last time around.

You'll be able to play him in the story mode right? although he's not really on the mic that much?

Wrong. You'll only be able to play six different stories. Punk, Jericho, HHH, Undertaker, Cena, Batista/Mysterio.

So no go on Kofi in storymode. Unless this 'mystery mode' that has yet to be revealed is some kind of story mode for other characters.