WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Zomg massive bump. Three new videos, one being create-a-finisher. Create-a-finisher looks absolutely fucking awesome. The other two videos I have not watched yet.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14242641/vids_1.html

Edit: Just watched the other two videos. If that's what the backstage areas are like, awesome. Plus, it seems as though weapons won't just disappear into thin air, either.

Tag video is rad, too. Miz is in the game. The only gripe with that was the Split-Legged Moonsault bit. However, the presentation seems to be awesome.

All in all, 2009 is looking like it could be the best Smackdown game ever.

Edited by Will.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they finally replace the awful referee and replace it with something equally horrible, physics are still atrocious as evidenced by the split-legged moonsault and pretty much all of the Jericho/HBK video, everyone apparently has the same grunts and groans, and now there's that really annoying shatter effect whenever you hit a big move. I have a feeling this game is going to irritate me...

Complaints aside, it does look better than the last few offerings and create-a-finisher looks awesome, but I'm really just counting the days until a hopefully more competent developer gets their hands on the WWE license.

Edited by Zero

I agree with Zero for the most part. The videos make the game look like it's going to have a lot of great new features, but if there are still as many little glitches and annoyances it's like making the appetizers that much better without even taking a look at the actual meal.

I don't like the fact that the ref stuff (pinfall counts, 5 counts, ring out counts) won't be visible on-screen because I often play with the sound off. Couldn't they just put it at the top of the screen so its not as noticable?

If Adamle does do the commentary for ECW (God, i hope not!), I guarantee hardly anyone will play as ECW if there's no option to cut off the commentary.

Powerbomb into a Chokeslam into a Tombstone? Eww.....

I hope its possible to do a finisher that's multiple DDTs starting with the cutthroat motion then with a nip-up at the end, or a move that's like the Pounce but instead of a Shoulder Block you hit a Scrapbuster Pin or a STO.

Edited by GhostMachine

Blargh, I hope you can make shorters finishers then shown in the videos. But that feature itself is very appealing, although if it has as many glitches bugs and horrible stuff as the 2008, which was virtually unplayable in Season Mode, I probably wont get it.

EDIT: Also the intensely annoying sound effects that have apparently been put into EVERYTHING, and EVERYTHING, that you ever decided to do in the game, are getting on my nerves.

Edited by SRN

If Adamle does do the commentary for ECW (God, i hope not!), I guarantee hardly anyone will play as ECW if there's no option to cut off the commentary.

Why?

To me, the commentary is usually shit/coded poorly anyway, so it wouldn't matter that Adamle was commentating. It's not as if he's doing it live, it'll just be from a set script, probably similar to lines already used in previous games.

As I say, Adamle making mistakes on live TV isn't really a reason to say "well no-one will play as ECW if he's in," because on the SD games you get all of the other commentators talking about wrestlers who aren't even anything to do with the match anyway.

Blargh, I hope you can make shorters finishers then shown in the videos

If you notice in the video, there are some choices that have a yellow F next to the move. I'm not 100% sure obviously, but I would guess that most likely picking one of those ends the move.

Take a look at the categories at the top. You've got 'Attacks', 'Holds', etc. And then you've got 'Complete'. I'm guessing 'Complete' is the end of the move (as in, the Completion of it). So if you wanted you could have just a kick, then a taunt, then a move from the 'complete' category. I'd assume the Complete category would be full of all the possible finishes, moves that end in pins or submissions or large amounts of damage, etc.

I think the yellow 'F' next to the move indicates an established finishing move (one screen shows the Code Breaker (Jericho), Backstabber (Carlito), Dreamer DDT and Edgecution, Last Call, etc.), not necessarily a move that finishes the CAF. They way they've done it actually looks pretty awesome.

Edited by Farmer Reil

That create a finisher is so much more impressive than I thought it would be. It's going to be so much fun to edit little parts of moves, like put a bitch slap before an RKO and a taunt after, for adding extra insult during a long match.

EDIT: Surprised this isn't posted yet. The IGN superstar countdown begins here, and the first superstar is Santino.

And check out the way he winds the match. Brilliant.

Santino Marella

Edited by Hutch2004