WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would be a kind of useful features for the reasons you guys already mentioned, but it probably won't be a huge selling point for most people, myself included.

That said though, if they were to allow you to use these videos for titantrons for CAWs...that could be kinda cool I guess. That probably will be something we'll get in the future rather than this year though.

I wonder if they'll change the way sharing a CAW is done, I'd like to see a locker type feature where you can search by user name/gamer tag or whatever CAW you're looking for and then just be able to download it. Trading is cool but is really rough for people with no CAW skills or people who are just getting the game.

Gamingring Interview

A long, but interesting interview. Highlights include:

Create-a-Belt is NOT in the game.

The demo will include a tag team match.

More than 60% of all moves are reanimated, including strikes. There are more reanimated and new moves in this game than in any other Smackdown game so far.

Downloadable content has been confirmed. The THQ guy said that the content would be available not long after the launch, but wouldn't tell "Who... or what" will be available.

There is one all-new hidden match type that has yet to be revealed, that you unlock by going through Career mode.

There are still some "surprise" additions to the roster yet to be revealed, as well as a "few little surprises".

When copying a CAS, the attributes will reset to default.

There are a LOT of new CAS items, hair was specifically mentioned.

The ONLY way to raise stats on a CAW is playing through Career mode, and the speed the stats will go up depend on what you do in the match. Eg: Lots of taunts means a big boost in charisma.

Only the 360 version will have "trophies" that you can unlock for doing certain things in season mode.

There are quite a few unlockable belts available.

Maximum online play is four people. So no online 6-man matches.

There are small improvements to ladder, TLC, cage and table matches. Hell in a Cell has had the old "falling off the cell" animations removed, and new ones added, including new animations for interacting with the cell and falling through the roof. Royal Rumble, however, has not been touched.

There are 64 layers in CAS on both PS3 and Xbox.

There are 30 CAW slots on all systems.

Highlight Reel can also take still pictures.

There are 20 slots for your Highlight Reel videos, and 20 slots for still images. These can only be accessed in-game though, so no saving directly to your harddrive.

That's about all I can remember off the top of my head. If I remember anything else, I'll edit it in.

There is one all-new hidden match type that has yet to be revealed, that you unlock by going through Career mode.

TEH MONEY IN THA BANK LADDER MATCH!! WITH 4 SUPERSTARS!!! ¬_¬

Or is that already in? Haven't really been keeping up.

Surely a 'hidden match type' that they're keeping under wraps wouldn't be something that was in last year's game? :/

I'm really struggling to think what it may be. Scramble match? Stretcher match? Punjabi Prison? Those are the only WWE match types that aren't in the game. Unless it's an I Quit match. Extreme Elimination Chamber (Chamber but with weapons) is likely too.

Oh, and also announced in the video, you can create tag team entrances the same as you can in singles matches. Nice.

TEH MONEY IN THA BANK LADDER MATCH!! WITH 4 SUPERSTARS!!! ¬_¬

Or is that already in? Haven't really been keeping up.

Surely a 'hidden match type' that they're keeping under wraps wouldn't be something that was in last year's game? :/

That's why I said I wasn't sure if it was already in the game. I knew you could do 4-way ladder matches before, but wasn't certain about whether it was down as "MITB Ladder Match" or not.

It was more of a joke than anything. I'm not expecting a huge addition. As said by Hutch, there's not much by way of WWE match types that aren't already in. Out of the ones he mentioned, the Scramble would be great, but that probably happened too late for that to be added. Fuck the Punjabi Prison though.

They've had the 6-man MITB for two years now..

Demo's out, apparently. I'm waiting for the US PS Store update and when it rolls out I'll get it, but it's apparently already on the EU PS Store (and probably on XBL).

So the demo.

You can do a singles match or tag.

Only people you can choose are out of the Hardyz or DX. Boo :(

Okay, first match is me as Jeff versus AI Matt.

Entrances are awesome, though that might be just because last wrestling game I played was shitty TNA >_>

There's a new thing which is a bit weird. Matt was knocked down and started to get up, but went to one knee, and had an indicator on his meter about guarding. It still treats him as being floored though. You hold the shoulder buttons where rising and it sort of puts you in a guarded position, so when he goes to kick you, you auto roll out of the way. Don't know what happens with grapples.

You store signature moves, not finishers. Signature moves are done the same way as finishers, but I have no idea what the correct position for Jeffs would be so >_>

The glass smashing over every finisher is fucking annoying.

Ah, right. You build your momentum meter until it flashes. You can hit your finisher there and then, or store it as a signature move. For Jeff, you whip him into the turnbuckle and press the button for finishers, and he hits a Whisper In The Wind. Seems a complicated way of having him do a normal move, but eh.

Going out the ring sucks. The camera is completely different, it cuts away to a different shot every time you move round the other side, rather than just going overheard. This might be due to the special "dramatic" camera angles option that used to be in the games, dunno.

Tag team matches are so much improved it's not even funny. If you're the legal man, and you hit your finisher, your partner automatically enters the ring and goes for your opponents illegal man, leaving you free to go for the pin. That by itself is fucking brilliant, but theres now a ton of stuff for you to do as the illegal man. If your partner throws the opponent to the ropes, you can pull the rope down so he tumbles out. You can walk up and down your length of the ring, you can obviously hit or grab the guys in the ring as always. If you're at the turnbuckle, you press up/down and you start clapping, building a "hot tag" for your partner. Once he gets a chance he goes over and tags you in, but it's not a normal tag. It starts a sort of quick time event thingy, where you press a button to knock down the guy in the ring, then again to knock down the partner. I dunno if it was caused by the hot tag or just good timing, but I got hot tagged by HBK, knocked down Matt, ran over and knocked down Jeff and had a finisher built up, so I pedigreed the reeling Matt and got the pin :D

So yeah, seems like last years but prettier, which is the norm. Going out of the ring is shitty if you can't change the camera angle, but it's made up for by a fantastic tag match. You fuckers better get it so we can start up the league again >_>