WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Arghh.. I can't seem to beat SuperCena in career mode :(

He keeps reversing everything I throw at him.

How far into career mode? If its far in, just do a match with weapons, go for them, and if he takes them away mid-swing nail a running strike instead of trying to grab it back. (My other favorite way to beat Cena late into the game? Tables match, but using one of the announcer's tables with a stored finisher for the Leap of Faith; its too risky trying to put him through a regular table, since if he counters the attempt he'll probably get a full momentum meter and put YOU through it instead if you're not careful) If its an Extreme Rules match, don't bother with the garbage can unless you have the weapon grapples (its harder to avoid if he takes it away from you than the other weapons are). I prefer the barbed wire 2x4 and the singapore cane.

I've noticed when you get to the last two titles - especially the last - the reversal rate of the A.I. is nuts; especially when you try and do running moves or control grapples. And Cena's sometimes more durable than `Taker, I've found; I can usually put `Taker down with a move or three after he's red, but I've had Cena kick out several times like he was Hulk Hogan and Undertaker combined when he should rightfully eat the 3-count. (Because of one match where Cena kicked out no less than 6 times despite having his head and chest fully red and having him busted open and then hit so many times after that he'd have died from blood loss if it was a real life match, AND proceeding to pin me when I was only orange and yellow after hitting a move that wasn't even a special or finisher, I tend to try and beat Cena by submission rather than pinfall, and I generally give my original CAWs at least one SS special or finisher, anyway)

Edited by GhostMachine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be fair, the minute I hear Jericho's music start, I click the stick so I never have to hear that abomination.

That's what I do when Maria's or Orton's starts to play....

And we also forgot about Batista's. D'oh!

Well, to be fair, the minute I hear Mysterio's music start, I click the stick so I never have to hear that abomination.

That's what I do when Maria's or Cena's starts to play....

And we also forgot about Batista's. D'oh!

Fixed for mistakes...although, if I hear one person say, "Oh hai guize, I skip Jeff Hardy's theme becuz it sux," I'm going to go apeshit on their ass. >_<

I just got this game for Christmas...yeah, late on the bandwagon...yet again. Personally, RtWM wasn't the greatest, although, I must say, Jericho's was incredible. Career mode I'm doing for the sole purpose of increasing my CAW's attributes, Speed is so easy yet I suck at improving Technique. Damn slow reversal system...

Quite frankly, I'll have to do the WWE Title run to see this "bullshit reversal" you guys are talking about. Honestly, is it that bad with Cena? As much as I dislike the guy's in-ring talent, did they really Hogan-esque him in the game too? So far I've pretty much dominated career mode, only losing to *gulp* Matt Hardy and Jericho. I'm starting to dislike the unusual camera angles at getting out of the ring, however. I climb out and try to go one way, end up going another and WHAM! I lose the tag match.

And yes, the soundtrack seems a lot better. Of course, I never owned 2008, so I can't comment on that, but in 2007, it was complete garbage. -_-. With me hearing "MONEY IN THE BANK YEAH" at least 80 times during the seven hour loading screens, I got annoyed pretty quick.

Arghh.. I can't seem to beat SuperCena in career mode :(

He keeps reversing everything I throw at him.

How far into career mode? If its far in, just do a match with weapons, go for them, and if he takes them away mid-swing nail a running strike instead of trying to grab it back. (My other favorite way to beat Cena late into the game? Tables match, but using one of the announcer's tables with a stored finisher for the Leap of Faith; its too risky trying to put him through a regular table, since if he counters the attempt he'll probably get a full momentum meter and put YOU through it instead if you're not careful) If its an Extreme Rules match, don't bother with the garbage can unless you have the weapon grapples (its harder to avoid if he takes it away from you than the other weapons are). I prefer the barbed wire 2x4 and the singapore cane.

I've noticed when you get to the last two titles - especially the last - the reversal rate of the A.I. is nuts; especially when you try and do running moves or control grapples. And Cena's sometimes more durable than `Taker, I've found; I can usually put `Taker down with a move or three after he's red, but I've had Cena kick out several times like he was Hulk Hogan and Undertaker combined when he should rightfully eat the 3-count. (Because of one match where Cena kicked out no less than 6 times despite having his head and chest fully red and having him busted open and then hit so many times after that he'd have died from blood loss if it was a real life match, AND proceeding to pin me when I was only orange and yellow after hitting a move that wasn't even a special or finisher, I tend to try and beat Cena by submission rather than pinfall, and I generally give my original CAWs at least one SS special or finisher, anyway)

Yeah it was pretty far in career mode.

And I finally put him down, Extreme Rules match, Caned the shit out of him, and an occasional White Russian Legsweep.

Stored a Signature move, hit my created finisher, a more devastating Code Breaker, picked him up, European Uppercut wich set him up for my signature Cobra Clutch.

And that was the end of it.

Wich still was a hard fought match.

Truthfully, Jeff Hardy's theme would suck if it was an instrumental. The lyrics are great, though.

As for Cena, I think the game kind of....cheats....occasionally during Career mode when you get late into it by letting the opponents reverse too much, grab weapons from you in mid-swing more often than not and kick out when they shouldn't be able to, and I've had it happen to me the most when facing either Cena by himself or him and HBK in tag matches. I've also had it happen with Undertaker once. Surprisingly, never had it happen against HHH or Edge. Go figure.

But I had a match with Cena that was the final straw. He not only countered just about every running attack I tried (yes, I ended up eating plenty of hiptosses), but I beat his ass bloody and he kept kicking out of pin attempts. I even did one where I hit the finisher, a ground-based special right after, then went for the pin, and he kicked out, and I had even locked in a submission soon after he went red but he wouldn't tap (I have the submission ability on that particular CAW). I could see someone kicking out of maybe 2 or 3 pin attempts after they're in the red, but NOT 6 or 7 when they've also been busted open and their name isn't Undertaker or Hulk Hogan. The final straw was he countered an irish whip attempt then hit me with the corner leg drop and then pinned me despite me having an orange chest and yellow head and tapping like a mfer. Because of that, I don't even go for pins on Cena any more when facing him in singles matches; I go for the submission win. I also tend to use Fists of Fury more against Cena than anyone else...

The only opponent I've ever had as hard a time trying to put down in a Smackdown game was a Last Man Standing match vs. The Rock in, I think, HCTP. I forget who I was using (probably Austin, Kane or `Taker - I remember for sure it wasn't a CAW), but I swear the Rock ate no less than 9 finishers and 2 or 3 steel chairs (not chair SHOTS - CHAIRS, period) and went through an announce table before finally eating a 10-count (the announce table isn't what put him down, though - the match ended in the ring - and I was holding a chair just in case). Had plenty of 8 and 9 counts, obviously.

(Let me put it this way: the beating I had given Cena in that match he ended up winning was so bad that if it was a real life match it would have ended a no contest by ref stoppage because he'd either have bled to death or been legit knocked unconscious with a severe concussion, because I hit him with enough blows to the head after he was busted open that he'd make Mass Transit's blading by New Jack or Muta in the infamous match that gave birth to the Muta scale look like a mild scratch)

Truthfully, Jeff Hardy's theme would suck if it was an instrumental. The lyrics are great, though.

As for Cena, I think the game kind of....cheats....occasionally during Career mode when you get late into it by letting the opponents reverse too much, grab weapons from you in mid-swing more often than not and kick out when they shouldn't be able to, and I've had it happen to me the most when facing either Cena by himself or him and HBK in tag matches. I've also had it happen with Undertaker once. Surprisingly, never had it happen against HHH or Edge. Go figure.

But I had a match with Cena that was the final straw. He not only countered just about every running attack I tried (yes, I ended up eating plenty of hiptosses), but I beat his ass bloody and he kept kicking out of pin attempts. I even did one where I hit the finisher, a ground-based special right after, then went for the pin, and he kicked out, and I had even locked in a submission soon after he went red but he wouldn't tap (I have the submission ability on that particular CAW). I could see someone kicking out of maybe 2 or 3 pin attempts after they're in the red, but NOT 6 or 7 when they've also been busted open and their name isn't Undertaker or Hulk Hogan. The final straw was he countered an irish whip attempt then hit me with the corner leg drop and then pinned me despite me having an orange chest and yellow head and tapping like a mfer. Because of that, I don't even go for pins on Cena any more when facing him in singles matches; I go for the submission win. I also tend to use Fists of Fury more against Cena than anyone else...

The only opponent I've ever had as hard a time trying to put down in a Smackdown game was a Last Man Standing match vs. The Rock in, I think, HCTP. I forget who I was using (probably Austin, Kane or `Taker - I remember for sure it wasn't a CAW), but I swear the Rock ate no less than 9 finishers and 2 or 3 steel chairs (not chair SHOTS - CHAIRS, period) and went through an announce table before finally eating a 10-count (the announce table isn't what put him down, though - the match ended in the ring - and I was holding a chair just in case). Had plenty of 8 and 9 counts, obviously.

(Let me put it this way: the beating I had given Cena in that match he ended up winning was so bad that if it was a real life match it would have ended a no contest by ref stoppage because he'd either have bled to death or been legit knocked unconscious with a severe concussion, because I hit him with enough blows to the head after he was busted open that he'd make Mass Transit's blading by New Jack or Muta in the infamous match that gave birth to the Muta scale look like a mild scratch)

Oh damn, worse than Muta/Hase? Wow, they really made Cena unstoppable didn't they? I'm only on the....Hardcore Title run, I've gotten through the others (Both Tag, Both Secondary, ECW), and want to win all the other titles before going for the big one. But by the sounds of that, I'm really looking forward to smacking Cena upside the head with probably 50 Singapore Cane shots until the splinters from the cane are imbedded into his skull. Sounds weird that CENA OF ALL PEOPLE would be the Unstoppable Force in the game, although, during Y2J's RtWM, it made me very happy to see Cena get absolutely demolished by Randy Orton, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Of course, I think the worst offender of a WWE Game is the original Day of Reckoning. I never owned it, I played it at my friend's...and it sucked donkey nuts. I swear, it took LITERALLY seven F-Us to put Jericho down. Now, if this were RL, that would sound appropriate, the F-U sucks, but in a game, that's officially "Piss-off-worthy".

I'll have to come back when I face Cena and tell about my horrendous struggle. <_<

I'm in career mode and having a hell of a time with Edge. I've had 10 matches - from extreme rules to table matches and each match last about an hour . we both fight hard and eventually have our entire bodies in red but I still can't put him down

So, I did Cena's RTW yesterday, (what can I say, I'm a completist with certain games), and,

I must ask if anyone else finds Better-Than-U-Topia hilarious. I chuckled when first hearing the name, and having to get 5-Counts on pins has some odd laughableness to it. And that Gauntlet..wow, how unrealistically unfair it would've been. The whole storyline really is just over-the-top, with the injuring of a soldier, and MVP trying to start a new country.

Just had a great series of matches..

1st I had a best of three matches between Punk and KENTA(a caw. that I haven't took through career mode) 1st match Punk controlled the entire thing and won by sub with the anaconda vice. Second match KENTA came back form a beating and got the win via Go to Sleep. and in the third match both guys were in full red damage and punk won via GTS.

then I had a handicap match . Knox(Caw with default stats 35 overall) against Punk and KENTA. Knox won after hitting Punk with the Knox Out

I love the fact that the caws(without a trip through career mode) can at least hang with the other superstars and produce some good matches

Just had a great series of matches..

1st I had a best of three matches between Punk and KENTA(a caw. that I haven't took through career mode) 1st match Punk controlled the entire thing and won by sub with the anaconda vice. Second match KENTA came back form a beating and got the win via Go to Sleep. and in the third match both guys were in full red damage and punk won via GTS.

then I had a handicap match . Knox(Caw with default stats 35 overall) against Punk and KENTA. Knox won after hitting Punk with the Knox Out

I love the fact that the caws(without a trip through career mode) can at least hang with the other superstars and produce some good matches

Those sound pretty good. Which kick did you get KENTA in place of the Knee Kick?

I've got a CAW tag team I created that I plan on running through some matches against Rated-RKO, the Hardy Boyz, and maybe the Brothers of Destruction. (And yes, I plan on doing a Ladder or TLC match vs. the Hardys with them)

I used a movelist I found at caws.ws. I don't have my game powered up right now but i think it was one of the runnign knees. for specials he has GTS and Players boot and for sigs he Hagakure (Best BKK Sub), Sitout Suplex Slam (Falcon Arrow)

I wish there were more formulas posted for the ps2. the pickings are slim . Now I'm finding caws for the psp and ps3 and just hoping they turn out right lol

I know a patch will be released to fix the abilities deal but I'm wondering will there be a fix for the ps2 version ?

Edited by Docpepper

Just had an epic ladder match against Shelton Benjamin, defending my US Title.

First I dominated, the he made his comeback, reversaling my finisher, the proceeds to hit his signature move on me.

Benjamin climbs the ladder, where Superplex him off of it. Proceed to work on his torso and head.

Minutes later, I climb the ladder, he climbs with me, I think easy, I'll just superplex him again.

But I didn't notice he ha a signature move stored, so he 'plexed me.

He nearly manages to get the belt off, if it wasn't for me kicking the ladder away, I hit my newly crafted finisher, a Extreme Twist of Fate into a RKO (props go to GhostMachine for that one), climb the ladder and get the title off just before he gets up.

I never had such fun matches on previous games. :)

• Admin

Got all the roster on the disc updated now (movesets, finishers, entrances, music), so have created my first CAW (a rather good Vladimir Kozlov I found) and am taking him through the Career mode.

Completed the US Title patch, and have earnt the Durability, KO, Hammer Throw & Object abilities for him so far, want to get Resiliency & Lock Pick to complete the set - and got him up to a 53.

Well, that works. But if I remember right you can also avoid getting it by not getting 5 star matches against 3 opponents with it.

The two abilities I find a bitch to get are Lock Pick (Jericho usually goes for the Codebreaker or stores it if I let him get a finisher) and Tables. Fortunately, I really don't give a damn about tables. I've never tried to get Resiliency, because I prefer to kick my opponents' asses before I get damaged anywhere near that bad and would rather use Durability to deal with it.

Here's a few created finishers I made - (F) = flipped:

Megacrusher:

Upward Thrust Strike (F) - 150%, DDT Clutch 02 125%, Throat Slit Taunt 100%, Headlock Wrench 100%, Suplex Clutch 03 150%, Samoan Drop Clutch 05 150%, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F) 150%, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F) 100%, Face Plant Clutch 125%, Face Plant Impact 125%

Evil Arrow:

Reverse DDT Clutch 02 125%, Backbreaker Reverse DDT Clutch 125%, Samoan Drop Clutch 02 100%, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F) x3 (75%, 100%, 125%), F-U Drop 125%, Falcon Arrow Impact 125%

Need a name for this one (I'm using Hydroplane atm, but it doesn't really fit):

Oklahoma Clutch 02 125%, Reverse DDT Clutch 04 125%, Extreme Twist of Fate Drop 125%, RKO 100%

By removing everyone with the Dirty Pin ability from the Roster before I began :shifty:

That's a fucking genius idea :shifty:

I want Resiliency but it's so hard to get. I mean it says you need two red body parts, as soon as I have those I can NEVER kick out of a pin at two. I thought about leaving it until my CAW was at about 80OV and might be able to kick out, yet by that time I've usually got all of his abilities filled which is a bitch. Same with Kip Up, I was hoping to give one of my Japanese CAW's the ability but they all got filled up by the point I could do that.