WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Just had an epic finish to a match in Career Mode against Elijah Burke.

He put me through two announce tables and busted me open with the chair, I somehow reversed his finisher and smacked him with the chair he responded by promptly owning the fuck out of me and threw me outside then stood in the ring playing to the crowd, I climbed up to the top rope and he turned around and I nailed the top rope Hurracanrana and stole the win.

Very flukey but the moment was awesome.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was awesome! Screw you guys!

Now that I think about it, the placement of the RtWM has to match the excitement about them. Triple H's and Punk's were utterly boring, Undertaker's was hilarious, Cena's was okay and Jericho's were great. Granted, I haven't played the Batista / Rey Mysterio one yet.

So, in the Undertaker's RtWM, is "The Man" Goldberg?

Please tell me he is.

I wish. Unfortunately, its actually one of the biggest walking piles of suck in WWE history....

(And yes, I got the joke)

Edited by GhostMachine

It was awesome! Screw you guys!

Now that I think about it, the placement of the RtWM has to match the excitement about them. Triple H's and Punk's were utterly boring, Undertaker's was hilarious, Cena's was okay and Jericho's were great. Granted, I haven't played the Batista / Rey Mysterio one yet.

I've played all the RTWM bar Punk's (about to crack on with that just now) and I'd probably rank them, best first:

Triple H, Jericho, Undertaker, Cena, Batista/Mysterio.

With possibly Undertaker/Cena in a tie. I really liked Triple H's, while Batista/Mysterio was pretty much just bleh and I had to friggin' do it once as each guy.

And yeah, Undertaker's WM match is like a strange hallucination that could only happen in an alternate universe. Or WCW.

I haven't played Punk's or HHH's all the way through yet (I started Punk's then changed my mind, and only did HHH's long enough to unlock the moveset).

My favorite so far is Jericho's, with `Taker's a close second. Cena's is kind of funny, but I thought the gauntlet match with altered rules during it was waaaay too easy.

can anyone give me some tips on how to hit running finishers like the clothesline from hell and shining wizard 3. I'm playing through career with KENTA and I cannot connect with the shining wizard 3

can anyone give me some tips on how to hit running finishers like the clothesline from hell and shining wizard 3. I'm playing through career with KENTA and I cannot connect with the shining wizard 3

I have the same problem with one of the CAW's who has that move. It's hard to just catch it out of the blue, obviously can be done but it usually just wastes a Finisher/Sig. The best bet is after knocking them down, line yourself up in the other corner, wait for the exact moment they rise and charge across the ring. Really there isn't any easy way, that's just about the best I've found.

Rey/Batista is my least fav, after finishing all. Nothing really wrong with it, it's just..boring.

Two friends the entire way, no anger between them, not even the slightest hint of a break-up..there's so little conflict, especially towards the end. Would've been a good deal better if it didn't have it a World Heavyweight Title match, and instead had them defend the tag belts, or do some other special tag match, but since they decided that Taker'd be much better off fighting "The (Boogey)Man" instead of Edge or somebody for the belt, they had to be SD's mandatory World Title chase.

I had an awesome Money In The Bank match in Career mode, using an original CAW I made up named Adam House (no relation to Doctor Gregory House): Batista, Edge, Finlay, Kane and Jeff Hardy were the opponents. No one can even attempt to climb the ladder until about 10 minutes in. I finally manage to climb it, only to get thrown off by Edge, and then Kane pushes the ladder over a few seconds later after Finlay climbs up to fight Edge. After tons of ladder swinging by various wrestlers (which I manage to avoid most of by doing grapples on grounded opponents), Jeff Hardy manages to climb a ladder and has the meter down to a fairly small sliver when Kane, Batista and Edge all try to pull him down and one of them finally manages to grab him and yank him down. About 30 seconds later, I manage to get a ladder up, climb it and grab the prize because Kane is doing a ground grapple on Jeff Hardy or Finlay (I forget which), whichever one Kane wasn't grappling is kissing canvas, and Batista has Edge in a UCM grapple and just walks around.

The only part of Adam's body that wasn't orange or red when the match was over was his legs. (Thank goodness for Durability!)

*edit* Forgot to mention, but at one point I managed to hit a senton off a ladder than nailed both Edge and Finlay.

Edited by GhostMachine

Rey/Batista is my least fav, after finishing all. Nothing really wrong with it, it's just..boring.
Two friends the entire way, no anger between them, not even the slightest hint of a break-up..there's so little conflict, especially towards the end. Would've been a good deal better if it didn't have it a World Heavyweight Title match, and instead had them defend the tag belts, or do some other special tag match, but since they decided that Taker'd be much better off fighting "The (Boogey)Man" instead of Edge or somebody for the belt, they had to be SD's mandatory World Title chase.

I don't think you finished it all then, because there's two paths Rey/Batista can go down iirc.

Morrison by a country mile, my "Most wins" stat thing has him and Miz as the top two by a fair stretch. I enjoy playing as Big Daddy V a bit too much, and Orton and Jericho are damn fun to play as too.