WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as many others, I just had an epic Money In The Bank match. I sought to recreate the one that actually happened at WM24 but since there are only six participants to be found in the game I (quite randomly) decided that MVP would not be in. I played as CM Punk and thus I sought to win. It would be however. It started as a complete clusterfuck with John Morrison glowing red body parts in a matter of minutes, both thanks to ladder abuse and me heaving him out to the outside where I spent most of the early match. This tactic proved futile however as as soon as I get into the ring everyone and their mother's dog went amok once again with ladders. Thanks to the Durability ability I managed to heal myself to all orange before going in again and then suplexing Shelton Benjamin from the top of the ladder, out of the ring and into some steel steps (at least it looked like that). Benjamin was out cold as everyone took turns in hanging on the briefcase for a few seconds (with John Morrison being the most prominent as he managed to hang on even after everyone had toppled over the ladder) but eventually I got suplexed to the ground and everyone fell down as Chris Jericho climbed the ladder and got the contract.

Holy crap, this game is awesome.

Oh, well I guess after i've finished Triple Hs story then I shall go back and try again. I can guess where the fractures begin.

Also, who are your favourite playable characters ; mine are Randy Orton and John Morrison, with Big Daddy V a not too distant third.

Just out of curiosity, did you win the Rumble as Rey or Batista when you did it the first time?

To play as, mine are Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Matt Hardy, Mysterio, `Taker and believe it or not....Tommy Dreamer.

I can only beat people online when I'm Rey. Fact.

Online sucks for the sheer amount of super-powered John Cenas.

I can't face any random online without them using a customised John Cena with some kind of SUPER POWERED CREATE A FINISHER that manages to put me on Red from normal before the move even finishes.

...They spam punches and running attacks too. :(

As for who I play as, In order it'd be CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin and William Regal.

I can only beat people online when I'm Rey. Fact.

Online sucks for the sheer amount of super-powered John Cenas.

I can't face any random online without them using a customised John Cena with some kind of SUPER POWERED CREATE A FINISHER that manages to put me on Red from normal before the move even finishes.

...They spam punches and running attacks too. :(

As for who I play as, In order it'd be CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin and William Regal.

I'm so glad I don't play online (I have a PS2 and don't have it hooked up for online play).

A CAF that puts you into red from normal? let me guess: an assload of suplexes into a facebuster or something like that?

Well I've come up against quite a few, but the worst was one that seemed to be a shitload of Torture Rack like holds that translated into various moves, which then moved onto another move, all of which were focused on one area of the body (the back).

And here I am, making the Razors Edge and attempting a F-5 for my Brock Lesnar CAW. :(

I always play with User Created Stuff OFF. If not, I get all of these bitches who spam running grapples and moves like Ortons running knee drop. Oh, and this infamous CAF that is a choke hold rocking back and forth about five time before you get slammed on the mat and drained to red after ONE finisher. People online really are pathetic. I've bitched quite a few out, mostly Cena spammers.

The choke of doom is fucking pathetic. Cant stand the people who have that move, obviously they're using it to win matches because it makes you auto red, I don't see why anybody would have it otherwise because it looks and is shit, so they're all automatically idiots in my book.

Online is still great, it's just finding the right people to play with. Three quarters of them spam the same move, use choke of dooms or glitch you, but there's still quite a few good people to play against. Just played a fantastic ladder match online with an amazing finish. Four way ladder, we've gone through hell and twenty minutes in it looks like Edge has the title. I managed to do the springboard move where he goes about ten feet in the air, knock Edge down the ladder so that he's dazed and hanging and land on one of the other guys too. Climbed the ladder and wanted to his a special on Edge but it wouldn't fucking let me do it for some reason. He pulled himself up and knocked me off and won the title, great match though. I love dropkicking people when they're hanging onto the title too, hit an awesome spot like that from the ladder to hanging Edge.

I'm really liking C.A.F whiles its limited I've been able to create each member of my cowboy stable(called Six Shooters) finishers.

My favorites would have to be

Hang'em High

Hijack clutch 01 - 100%

Partial Guillotine Drop - 100%

Reverse f5 impact - 75% ( although it looks a tad better at 125%)

Herd Buster(temporary name till I think of something better)

Powerbomb clutch 02 -100%

Powerbomb lift - 100%

Facebuster drop - 100%

Chokeslam - 125%

then there's the

Ace In the Hole

Powerbomb clutch 02 -100%

Upward Point taunt - 75%

Pedigree clutch -75%

Dragon Wings Lift -100%

Double Arm Facebuster impact-125%

Has anyone tried creating a caw from 08 in 09 ? because thers a lack of variety in the 09 ps2 caw section but the 08 ps2 has some good edits

Have just started my career after spending what seemed like forever creating my superstar, finishers, entrance etc. and I didn't even touch the advanced entrance creator and only changed so much of the moveset. Tried to get his face looking like me and he does to a certain extent, but my Xbox Avatar has it down better.

I'll try and crudely describe my finishers:

1 - pick up opponent into military press, spin 180 degrees, press him up and down a few times, then drop his head down onto your knee a la the GTS.

2 - scoop opponent up so he's on your shoulder (as if to do a running powerslam), arms outstretched taunt, then flip him onto his back (still on your shoulder) and drop him down as you go to your knees so it ends up like a tombstone with him facing outward instead of in.

I just gave them names from the list so that they'll be on the commentary.

I posted some finishers I came up with back on December 30th, but for the lazy here they are again (F) = flipped, obviously:

Megacrusher:

Upward Thrust Strike (F) - 150%, DDT Clutch 02 125%, Throat Slit Taunt 100%, Headlock Wrench 100%, Suplex Clutch 03 150%, Samoan Drop Clutch 05 150%, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F) 150%, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F) 100%, Face Plant Clutch 125%, Face Plant Impact 125%

Evil Arrow:

Reverse DDT Clutch 02 125%, Backbreaker Reverse DDT Clutch 125%, Samoan Drop Clutch 02 100%, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F) x3 (75%, 100%, 125%), F-U Drop 125%, Falcon Arrow Impact 125%

Need a new name for this one (I'm using Hydroplane atm, but it doesn't really fit):

Oklahoma Clutch 02 125%, Reverse DDT Clutch 04 125%, Extreme Twist of Fate Drop 125%, RKO 100%

And I've got a few more I've created since - if there's no % listed, its 100%:

Fisherman's Fury:

Poison Fog (F), Suplex Clutch 01, Single Suplex, Single Fisherman's Suplex (x2), Vertical Fisherman Buster Lift 50%, Fisherman Suplex Hold 150% (obviously you can remove the Poison Fog if you're not using it on a heel or Muta/Tajiri type)

Need a new name for this one (Am using Ultimate Slam atm, until I think of something better):

Samoan Drop Clutch 02, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F), Backbreaker Clutch 04, Last Call Bend, Last Call Toss, Wrestling Hero Slam Impact 02 125%

Cutthroat DDT:

Measured Strike To The Head (F) 125%, DDT Clutch 02, Headlock Wrench 150%, Throat Slit Taunt 75%, Dreamer DDT Impact 100% or 125%

Arrow Bomb (this is a cheap super-finisher that would be good for giving the online wankers a taste of their own medicine, or cheaping your way through career):

Gut Kick (F), Hijack Clutch 06, High Angle Back Crack, Gory Bomb Clutch 100% or 125%, 360 High Angle Roll, Gory Bomb Clutch (same speed as the previous one), High Angle Back Crack, High Angle Powerbomb Step, High Angle Powerbomb Drop, High Angle Powerbomb Impact (75% to 125% - looks fairly lame any slower or faster)

Soldier Drop:

Lift Up Clutch, Repeated Military Presses, Military Press (F), Repeated Military Presses, Samoan Drop Clutch 04, Samoan Drop Clutch 03 (F), Lift Up Clutch, Last Call Impact

Swingtime (need a better name. Seriously):

Powerbomb Clutch 02, Upward Point Taunt 150%, Powerbomb Clutch 03, Powerbomb Lift, Partial Jackknife Lift, Facebuster Drop, Rolling Swing Bottom Impact 02

Edited by GhostMachine

I know this has been mentioned before, but this whole "you're stuck with the 6 abilities you get first" thing just sucks. I've got dirty pin (no good since I'm a face and will lose momentum if I use it), possum pin, object something, outside dive, springboards and finisher steal.

I know this has been mentioned before, but this whole "you're stuck with the 6 abilities you get first" thing just sucks. I've got dirty pin (no good since I'm a face and will lose momentum if I use it), possum pin, object something, outside dive, springboards and finisher steal.

Very true, although Dirty Pin is the only one I hate. It's nice to have on one or two of your CAW's if you've created a few, but it's so fucking hard to not get when you don't want it. RW I think it was pointed out taking out all the people with the ability to avoid getting it, seems like a great idea to be honest. It's annoying because I wanted he resiliency or kip up but by that time I'd filled up all the spaces with possum and dirty always fucking being there. Also, what exactly does the Cage match ability do? I'm GUESSING that the Ladder one makes you grab the title quicker? And that the tables one allows you to stack tables?

Yeah, they definitely need to get rid of that and go back to just picking or buying your CAWs' special abilities.

From what I read, its pretty much next to impossible to get the Steel Cage one (you have to escape in less than a minute?!), to get Hardcore Resurrection you pretty much need to let opponents beat the hell out of you since you have to bleed 10 times and make the opponent bleed 10 times, it and it takes forever to get the Table one (40 tables, and I'm not sure if the announcers' tables count). The win 6 titles thing for Kip-Up is lame, too, since you could easily end up with 6 abilities before you win that many if you're not careful.

I've been trying to get Lock Pick on a CAW I made, but unfortunately Jericho never goes for the Walls; he either stores it or waits and goes for the Codebreaker. And I don't care about trying to get Resiliency AT ALL (I rarely get beaten up enough to need it, Possum Pin works better for dealing with pin attempts, and Durability is fine for dealing with damage unless you're in a multi-man match where you can't slip out of the ring or get away from opponents for a few seconds). Haven't tried for Evasive Dodge yet on a CAW.

Cage = climb/go out the door faster

Ladder = pull down the belt/case faster

Tables = stack tables

Okay, so I had muchos fun doing career mode with a CAW. I based it on a template, made a finisher and used My Apocalypse my Metallicas as the theme song. I edited the appearance as I went through (movest too) as I got a feel for my guy.

Started on SD! won the CW and US Titles before making a Team with Carlito and winning the Tag Titles. Moved to RAW and won the tag titles together there before winning the IC belt and moving over to ECW. I won the Hardcore belt from Jeff Hardy in an awesome ladder match at the Royal Rumble (opted not to enter the match) before going on to win the ECW Title from Matt Hardy at Mania (again opted not to do MITB). Back to RAW I beat Orton for the WWE Belt and finally have my homecoming on SD! with a brilliant series of matches on the way to the WHT Title. I beat Jeff Hardy again in a Ladder rematch, beat HHH in a cage match, beat Taker in a singles match and then lost to Big Show in what was probably the best Extreme Rules match I ever had. Beat him in a Tables match before facing Taker again in HIAC to become #1. Finally beat Edge in a TLC match to win the last championship. Great fun.

Two questions though regarding achievments on 360.

1) I won all the titles, no gold rush? Do I have to win Rumble and MITB too? If so boo, it says 'win all WWE titles.'

2) A year in the life... I went well over a year in the game... do I have to have a match every week or something? Instead of skipping to the PPV's?

Thanks for the help folks.

Announcers tables count for the tables ability, thus making it quite easy, really. And I kept guys with the dirty pin ability in my career mode and easily avoided getting it the second time through. Just make sure you end matches against them quickly, thus avoiding 5 stars. It's not rocket surgery science.