WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Since I've only just wandered into Career mode, could anyone please clarify the following...

a) does the mode have an 'end' point, e.g. Wrestlemania?

b) do you risk losing your accrued stats/abilities if you replace your Career save at any time?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I've only just wandered into Career mode, could anyone please clarify the following...

a) does the mode have an 'end' point, e.g. Wrestlemania?

b) do you risk losing your accrued stats/abilities if you replace your Career save at any time?

a. No. Keeps going on until you decide to quit; otherwise you probably wouldn't be able to max out a CAW if you wanted to.

b. No, as long as you don't start career mode over with the particular character, their stats and abilities are locked in place. Restarting career will reset their stats and abilities to default.

b. No, as long as you don't start career mode over with the particular character, their stats and abilities are locked in place. Restarting career will reset their stats and abilities to default.

Really? I thought it said in-game that any progress made and stats/abilities gained would be wiped out if you started another career. I don't see why they would if you started as someone else (as you said), but that's what the game told me.

Really? I thought it said in-game that any progress made and stats/abilities gained would be wiped out if you started another career. I don't see why they would if you started as someone else (as you said), but that's what the game told me.

It's confusing, I thought the same too but it's wrong, well wrong in the way I took it. I got the idea that it basically said if I ever start another career, my CAW loses all his stats and abilities. Thgat's not the case. You can start a new career with a new CAW and your other one will keep his stats and abilities. I think it means if you start a new career with the same CAW, because then you'd restart all over.

Oh and fuck the PS3 users :angry::(

Referring to me.. I was on 360.

I can seem to put designs anywhere I want to on my wrestlers, the only thing is.. the second that I go to put anything on, even a tattoo the game informs me that it will be disabled for online use. I never really saw a problem before with wrestling any guys who had "PENIS COCK" written all over their tights... but eh.

I'm trying to compile a list of Ultimate Control grapples that can be used to put an opponent through a table. So far I have:

Chokeslam - both grapples

Samoan Drop - fireman's carry grapple

Piledriver - Crucifix Powerbomb grapple

Suplex - left or right grapples

I'm pretty sure you can't do it with the DDT or Oklahoma Slam; anyone know if the swinging slam from the Backbreaker

can, or if any of the UC grapples can be used to put an opponent through a table propped up in a corner?

Referring to me.. I was on 360.

I can seem to put designs anywhere I want to on my wrestlers, the only thing is.. the second that I go to put anything on, even a tattoo the game informs me that it will be disabled for online use. I never really saw a problem before with wrestling any guys who had "PENIS COCK" written all over their tights... but eh.

I'm sure it had something to do with the game only being rated T.

I've been experiencing two major glitches lately. the first is that my options are constantly being changed. I change the audio levels , control setup and other game options and sliders to the way I want and save. after the save I check all the settings have changed all sliders are set to 0. No matter what I do they keep getting changed.

second glitch happens during the first match in Jericho's RTWM . I'm facing Hardy. get him in red hit the code breaker. I cover him for the pin . the ref goes down to count 1 then automatically the game over screen appears. I retry the match and I start off by punching Hardy 3 times. On the 3rd punch the game over screen comes up again. I keep retrying and the game over screen keeps randomly popping up never letting me finish the match.

I got so pissed that I cut it off and went to sleep

I think it was an optional goal that you weren't supposed to hit a finisher on Hardy, but it might've been mandatory.

The Oklahoma Slam might be able to go through the table in the corner.