WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

I think my main CAW that I've been using since I got the game is currently around 87-88. This is only because I am waiting for the patch and use the harder paths to keep my interest up.

Oh and how does anyone win Last Man Standing Matches? I played against my said CAW above and it was for the WHC. I had him full red on everything and the most I got him to was a late 8 count. I think I played that match for at least 2 hours before finally just turning the Xbox off in frustration. Anyone know why he wouldnt just die?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my main CAW that I've been using since I got the game is currently around 87-88. This is only because I am waiting for the patch and use the harder paths to keep my interest up.

Oh and how does anyone win Last Man Standing Matches? I played against my said CAW above and it was for the WHC. I had him full red on everything and the most I got him to was a late 8 count. I think I played that match for at least 2 hours before finally just turning the Xbox off in frustration. Anyone know why he wouldnt just die?

He was Matt Hardy?

You mean the none-struggle submissions? I beleive so. None-struggle Finishers can beat them, like Taker's Hell's Gate, and I beleive HBK's leg submission can as well.

I guess they figured without an actual system, the none-SS submission moves wouldn't be used by anyone, so they just took out most of them. Using them does kinda suck, if they have the right amount of damage to the area, then it's on for a few seconds and they tap. It reminds me of the way they used to do it on the old SmackDown! games, where moves like the Walls Of Jericho would win or not win, seemingly at random.

Man, that's really messed up.

LMS matches do seem to be harder in this edition of the game (I have the PS2 version) than in previous versions. The hardest one I had before was in either HCTP or the first SD vs. RAW, but I had one a few nights ago that really pissed me off; AN original CAW vs. Triple-H; HHH should NOT be getting up on 4 when his chest and head are red, he's bleeding and he's just been put through an announce table, yet he popped up that fast, and at one point after he got up from a finisher outside the ring while I was sliding in to do a diving move off a turnbuckle.....and he hit the gut punch counter when I decided to do a dive anyway. I finally managed to put him down by hitting a UC Samoan Drop, picking him up nailing a finisher then promptly picking him up again and hitting a special; he didn't get up after that, but I had slid back into the ring for a diving move to the outside in case he got up, then jumped down and just taunted when I was pretty sure he was down for the count.

By my count, I did 6 finishers, 6 or 7 specials, broke at least 3 weapons on him, and put him through an announce table. I can understand a wrestler getting up around the 8 or 9 count when they've been beaten to a pulp, but HHH kept popping up around 4, even after being hit by moves that should have kept him down a long time, if not for the actual 10 count.

My previous hardest LMS, it took 2 broken chairs and 9 or 10 finishers to put an opponent down, but that was back in HCTP or the first Smackdown vs. RAW and the match was The Rock vs. The Undertaker, and the opponent kept getting up late (on 8 or 9), not early in the count.

Next LMS match I do, I'm using a wrestler with the object ability and going to town with the steel chair ground moves.

has anyone noticed caws doing taunts thats not assigned to them. I've noticed several caws will rub their wrists, sometimes crouch down and motion for the opponent to come on and other things that I know for certain i didn't set as their taunts

has anyone noticed caws doing taunts thats not assigned to them. I've noticed several caws will rub their wrists, sometimes crouch down and motion for the opponent to come on and other things that I know for certain i didn't set as their taunts

Those are probably things that look like taunts but are actually motions built into the wrestler. Kind of like when you'd have some brush their hair to one side with their hand or clench and unclench their hands while waiting in some of the previous games.

Those are probably things that look like taunts but are actually motions built into the wrestler. Kind of like when you'd have some brush their hair to one side with their hand or clench and unclench their hands while waiting in some of the previous games.

ok thats exactly what it is. I hate it lol some of the motions my caw has makes him look retarded.

Are the x,y cordinates in the caw mode the same for the ps2,ps3 and xbox ?

ok thats exactly what it is. I hate it lol some of the motions my caw has makes him look retarded.

Are the x,y cordinates in the caw mode the same for the ps2,ps3 and xbox ?

As far as I can tell, everything is the same apart from the X-Box having more layers. (The 360 Brock Lesnar CAW I used seemed to look just like the picture on PS3. Albeit, it looked nothing like Lesnar, but I blame the creator for that.)

In CAW, how do I work the entrance attire bit? Even when I put it to edit entrance attire, it still comes up during the match.

You'll have to delete the layers from the match attire. When you put the layers, they stay in both attires, and when you delete them, it only deletes them from the attire you're currently editing.

Ring attire and entrance attire have their own settings, so make sure you've deleted your entrance attire from your ring attire setting.

And I see nothing to blow my load over. Nothing on majornelson at least, and I just got finished turning off SvR. I wasn't prompted for a patch. =/

Edit: Ooooh, the Michaels match. Fuck you, Ollie. Fuccccccck you. I thought the patch had finally come.

Edited by Wills of Jericho

I played this for the first time today cause one of my flatmates bought it. It's pretty good. It was pretty cool how it now has that double-KO type thing when they both simulataneously run out of fuel. I don't know if it's new or not as i haven't played a smackdown game since like the Brock Lesnar one but good fun all the same.

I played this for the first time today cause one of my flatmates bought it. It's pretty good. It was pretty cool how it now has that double-KO type thing when they both simulataneously run out of fuel. I don't know if it's new or not as i haven't played a smackdown game since like the Brock Lesnar one but good fun all the same.

that's still in ? haven't noticed it .. I loved back I think it was in 07 I'd have matches end in a double ko cause we'd both were completely out of it.

just had a great match between myself(caw) vs. Mark Henry. I recently redid my caw's moveset so that he focuses on the arm and finishes with the underhook struggle submission(replacement for his seated full nelson body scissor.) his back up special is the Hang'em'High(powerbomb to chokeslam)

So the match starts and I open with some elbow shots that are blocked by Henry and he responds with a series of clotheslines fort he next couple minute he procedes to walk all over me getting my head and stomach in red. I get a second wind and start working the arms getting them in yellow. After a struggle i get him in the corner and hit sandmans senton.

The action continues back and forth and I keep working on the arms with stomps , arm drags and the likes.. He gets special but lukily i reverse it and get my own special. I lock the underhook on in the center of the ring. his arms are brownish and i wasn't expecting him to tap but he finally did.

I love how the match was paced and the flow of my moveset is killer