The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

So apparently when it was first put up on XBL Marketplace, Dead Money was released for free.

More DLC news. News on Ulysses. Burned Man. Big Empty. Spoilers in the article.

http://www.ripten.com/2010/12/28/fallout-new-vegas-dlc-details-%3E%20teased-in-dead-money/

The next DLC hasn't been detailed too much yet, but if it involves Joshua Graham (from knowing what was detailed about him both in New Vegas itself and from Van Buren) and Ulysses, it's going to kick ass.

I decided to take on Vulpes Inculta with my newest playthrough, melee/explosive-based build I've dubbed "Lucky".

Lucky decides that six Legion counting Vulpes Inculta is good odds (no pun intended), so he chucks some dynamite at him.

I barely survived that fight, but now I got the Legion hating me, a nice shiny ripper, and Vulpes' spiffy wolf hood.

Oh man, I could never do anything but go against the Legion - only because of their kickass melee and unarmed weapons - making sure that I could kill a steady supply of them was always top priority for me until I got the perk that let you repair any piece of equipment with an even vaguely similar piece.

I was doing a quest for the Great Khans

finding evidence to prove the Khans would be sold to slavery for if siding with the legion

and made the mistake of heading towards Cottonwood Cove with Boone which led to him starting a firefight and me getting incredibly unpopular. Thankfully me, Rex (w/Violettas' brain)amd him were able to hold our own in the Fort in an attempt to

steal the slave ledger

. Funnily enough addicted to Stimpaks now though!

Is it possible to play as a gladiator at the camp? I've spoke to the chap who tells you the rules but as it didn't really fit into my plans for this character I haven't spent much time at the fort, except for the above brawl. One of the things I liked most about Oblivion was working as a gladiator in the arena.

The legion makes me laugh. I mean, they are melee based and opposing a ranged based army. How is this even a problem? Just snipe them and move on.

They seem to be the only faction to use the .50 cal Anti-Material Rifle, so.

I was doing a quest for the Great Khans

finding evidence to prove the Khans would be sold to slavery for if siding with the legion

and made the mistake of heading towards Cottonwood Cove with Boone which led to him starting a firefight and me getting incredibly unpopular. Thankfully me, Rex (w/Violettas' brain)amd him were able to hold our own in the Fort in an attempt to

steal the slave ledger

. Funnily enough addicted to Stimpaks now though!

Is it possible to play as a gladiator at the camp? I've spoke to the chap who tells you the rules but as it didn't really fit into my plans for this character I haven't spent much time at the fort, except for the above brawl. One of the things I liked most about Oblivion was working as a gladiator in the arena.

Pics or it didn't happen.

So, I finally got around to picking up New Vegas. Talk of glitches and shit kinda put me off, but I broke down. Figure I'll ask my brother's friend if I can come over and use his wireless to grab the patches if it's truly needed (PS3, yay, nay?)

Anyway...man, this game is no fucking joke. Starts off easy enough, doing all the training type shit with Sunny, then I'm just looking around, trying to level so I can get the dynamite, and I get jumped by about four geckos (no, not up the hill, by the cave). Kill my ass.

Then, I go back, kill those fuckers, but I end up too far out and nearly get killed by Powder Gangers. Would have, too, except one blew himself up! Dumb bastard.

The fight against Joe Cobb is easy enough, so I head down to Primm, nearly blow myself up before figuring out I should go some other way, and I almost get myself killed clearing that out. Pro-tip: single shotgun sucks.

So I head down to the highway patrol station, where I meet the new bane of my existence...the Jackal Gang. After two tries, I finally get inside the station, which is pretty simple to clear out, so I'm like 'fuck it, I'll head to Nipton'. I run into a bunch of ants, but my Varmint Rifle handles that, don't want to waste my Magnum bullets for the Cowboy Repeater. I reach the next location, which is the pitstop or whatever, and get bumrushed by four Jackal Gang members. Back pedal, finally kill all them, heal up, go forward, and get in a gun fight with a gang leader, who's joined by another member, then get shot in the back by a SECOND leader. FUCK!

So, I decide to go into the desert behind the patrol station, where I spawn, only to get raped by Feral Ghoul Roamers blindsiding me while I'm trying to kill other ghouls.

Is it supposed to be this unforgiving? I'm loving Hardcore mode, but I'm thinking I should start over and redo my build, since the two traits I picked (the faster firing one and Kamikaze) just are NOT working for me.

That said, I'm enjoying the game, and could listen to Marty Robbins all day.

Yeah, it is supposed to be vicious in Hardcore mode. Especially if you're low on Stimpaks and Sunset Sarsparillas.

I like Kamikaze myself, though it pretty much requires you to invest in good armor. Once you have some reinforced leather you're good.

VATS is your friend. Aim for headshots. Disregard shotguns, acquire 10mm SMGs. The Varmint Rifle's not a bad choice for low level though.

Also, don't even think of using long fuse dynamite. That shit sucks.

I'm familiar enough with Fallout 3 to know how things work. Though my favorite weapon there was the combat shotgun, that thing put in work.

Its more a case of always getting fucking jumped. I had stimpacks, but I'd be getting jumped by four, five enemies at a time. It's a recipe for disaster.

Had to start over. I made the mistake of walking to far into the prison, got myself raped, couldn't get out. I went with 'Good Natured' and 'Trigger Discipline" this time.

The difference here is that armour blocks a lot of what certain guns can do, and shot guns youll find are USELESS unless you get the shot gun surgeon perk. it takes off 10 defense of most defenders, I think. Basically that makes most people naked to your shot gun. Get that if you want to use it. Otherwise, youll be disappointed.