The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

So I've been catching up on Fallout 3 DLC while waiting on a patch for New Vegas... and I encountered a game breaking bug in Mothership Zeta where I simply can't walk through an open door. 100+ hours down the drain, and a complete waste of 800 MS points buying the piece of shit yesterday. I'm pissed at myself for buying New Vegas at launch without waiting to hear about the bugs because from what I hear, it's even worse than Fallout 3. But I know now that I will never buy another game from Bethesda until they stop releasing them unfinished. Complete bush league bullshit.

• Like 1

I love Fallout 3, probably top ten all-time... but shit like this and the fact that Bethesda would release DLC that can fuck your entire game has completely soured me on them. I certainly got my money's worth out of Fallout 3, but the fact that I can't even get a refund for broken DLC that renders my entire game unplayable is pretty infuriating. That's the gaming world we live in now, I suppose.

EDIT

And now it works... four tries later. What the fuck?

I have had the pawnshop in New Vegas' westside being completely unnaccessible.

Soeaking of that area, I always get lag when going there. Camp McCarren is another place that gets really laggy sometimes too, but not every time. Maybe one in ten.

No, that's Freeside. I can get to that one easy.

EDIT-This place. Seems to be a PS3 only glitch.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Well, the problem is it makes an unmarked sidequest uncompleteable.

Oh my god, no, how awful, you might not be able to check off a wiki article where you've done everything. -_-

So just because there's no trophy means I shouldn't want to reap the in-game reward for the sidequest?

I've had a few pretty annoying bugs, like random freezing up, or the aforementioned ED-E glitch that renders the entire Rex quest undoable. I have Arcade Gannon in the Lucky 38 suite along with my other companions, but he won't join me. The dialogue option is only there when I have a human companion with me, when I tell my other guy to leave, he does, but then the dialogue option to bring Arcade with me disappears. So his line of quest is also unavailable now.

Apparently when you get to Caesars fort he tells you to leave your companions outside, but since you can't talk to ED-E since he isn't actually fucking there you can't tell him to wait, thus completely breaking the game since you can't continue, but I haven't gotten far enough to find out for myself. I know theres a patch coming, I just really hope to God they sort this out and I'll be happy with it.

I love Fallout 3, probably top ten all-time... but shit like this and the fact that Bethesda would release DLC that can fuck your entire game has completely soured me on them. I certainly got my money's worth out of Fallout 3, but the fact that I can't even get a refund for broken DLC that renders my entire game unplayable is pretty infuriating. That's the gaming world we live in now, I suppose.

EDIT

And now it works... four tries later. What the fuck?

You probably got a bug that would be "reset" when turning the console off and loading up an autosave. The same thing happened to me on Mothership Zeta when the girl wouldn't go into the crawl space to unlock the next door for me. I ended up going back to a save from about 20 minutes earlier and didn't really have many problems after that. It was ridiculous that I'd have to save every 5-10 minutes for a game that lasted about 90 hours, but that's what you have to do with Bethesda games for some reason.

I liked the weapons and the Alien Epoxy made repairing unique weapons easy, but the majority of the DLC sucked IMO. Aside from Broken Steel upping the level cap they were largely a waste of time that didn't add anything to the game, except for a handful of achievements. I just hated the progression of 10 items to find in OA, to 25 in MZ, to 29 in Point Lookout to 100 in The Pitt. Ten isn't an issue, but 100 is just retarded. If you can't find other ways of extending the game, then just leave it alone.