The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I'm finally getting swallowed up in Fallout. I've reached the Strip, but decided to do a few other things before starting The House Always Wins. I think the walk to Jacobstown may be my favourite thing ever. The way it just goes from baron wasteland to beautiful landscape is just glorious, and something that I was absolutely gagging for. The King may be my favourite character, he's just cool as all hell. Boone is also a badass.

Still, there is nothing more fun than setting a herd of bighorner's on fire and running like hell. Wonderful, wonderful.

Wild Card spoilers:

Yes Man chucking General Oliver off the dam = epic win

Wild Wastleland Moment in Nipton kinda-spoiler:

Near one of the destroyed homes are two burned skeletons named "Owen" and "Beru"

I lol'd.

Also, it looks like low intelligence/charisma doesn't affect dialog options that much. So for my second playthrough, I'm going for playing a crazy bisexual cannibal chick who will eventually work for the Legion.

I need a passport or 2,000 caps to enter the Strip. I don't have anywhere near 2,000 caps, and I can't get a passport, I guess, until I do that mission with the bodyguards for the King. I can't do that until my medicine is up high enough (right?) to search some dead bodies. Goddamnit.

But... the duct tape hookers are inside the strip.

Maybe he spent it on Beatrix Russell.

Or Fisto.

Also, funny thing to note in the ending (minor spoiler):

If Boone is killed in combat, regardless of wether or not you completed his mission, you get an ending implying he drinks himself to death.

Also, main quest spoilers/solution to a mission:

Protecting President Kimball at the dam has a couple ways you can fail before Kimball even touches down. If you get close to the stage, Rangers will tell you back off and you have about a second to comply before they open fire. Also, if you go too far from the stage, Kimball will somehow die before even touching down

o_O. You can also skip the mission entirely and let Kimball die in the Wild Card arc.

Also, main quest spoilers/solution to a mission:

Protecting President Kimball at the dam has a couple ways you can fail before Kimball even touches down. If you get close to the stage, Rangers will tell you back off and you have about a second to comply before they open fire. Also, if you go too far from the stage, Kimball will somehow die before even touching down

o_O. You can also skip the mission entirely and let Kimball die in the Wild Card arc.

that mission glitched out for me.

I went up to the place where the Helibird lands, and just as it did I went down the ladder....mission complete. Weird.

Woo! Finally got that damned Star Bottle Cap quest out of the way. Now to just install some weapon mods, do some energy weapons, and finish the NCR side of the main quest so I can start on my melee/explosive/pickpocket/Legion/evil playthrough for achievements.

EDIT: Well...fuck. My save just got corrupted, thankfully I was playing on an auto-save so it didn't corrupt the main file :/

How many caps do you need for that anyway?

Oh, and I forgot to include the actual solution to the mission I mentioned in my last post, so here it is:

1. There's an engineer on the roof when Kimball is about to land. Pickpocket him to discover a detonator.

2. Examine the vertibird, there's a bomb on it. You need a good Repair or Explosives skill to disarm it

3. Now go to the tower where a ranger was stationed. You'll either find a dead ranger on the ground, or two rangers. Either way, the assasin will make himself obvious. Kill him to foil the assasination. You can also report one of these to the sargeant with the radio on the tower, which will cause them to stop the speech and Kimball will make a break for his bird.

Huh. So much for "Cowboy motif, so possibly 44" theory.

Only eight more on my 'Saved this before point of no return so I can collect crap" save at least.