The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

Getting past the Geckos is harder than the Vault itself for me. Just keep RadAway handy.

So I completed Dead Money tonight. FINALLY. Had to reload the final bit like, twenty times thanks to crashes and other bullshit. The actual gameplay was pretty damn good, having to survive against the toxic cloud, the collar destroying radio broadcasts as well as the freaky fucking ghost people made it really tense, as damned silly as the ghosts are. The story was a bit shit though. Plus, when I got back to the Mojave, the game recognised ED-E as being dead so hurrah, I have finally recruited Rex into my party. Hopefully it'll have fixed the glitch where Arcade is in the hotel suite, and the option to take him with you is only there when you already have a companion.

Getting past the Geckos is harder than the Vault itself for me. Just keep RadAway handy.

It was just that I kept getting turned around and lost, and then I didn't know what to do at times so I ended up using a ton of RadAway and then almost died from Radiation Poisoning. It just took me forever.

Vault 11 is more difficult for me to navigate, really. Also annoying that it's difficult to fully complete the optional parts of the quest with a companion, due to the fact that they are hella dumb.

That movie is so meh.

Also, I hate that I finished the story yesterday and it wasn't like Fallout 3 where if I have the DLC I can continue to play. That means I have to resort to a previous save in order to play the DLC. (N)

After playing Fallout 3 when it first came out and not being too bothered, I picked up New Vegas for £14 to give it a go. Played about two hours. Not really sure about it, but I'll certainly play for a few more hours tonight. I've just left Goodsprings, and saved the game just as I reached Primm.

I found the starting missions to be more interesting then Fallout 3's starting missions, and Caravan is a surprisingly addictive game. I'm finding Gekko's twice as hard as anything else to fight. There's still a couple of the little things that annoyed me from Fallout 3 (the camera snapping into a close-up of whoever you talk to - with their insistence on NEVER breaking eye contact; the worst run annimations in video game history.) I'd say that I was enjoying the game so far, but there's something that's stopping me really getting into it. I hope it's just having not played THAT much of it, and once I get into the game I'll be fine.

Oh, and I've got hardcore mode on. Seems like the only way to go.

I love it, 4-0 ATM.

I've played on a little from before my last post. I've just talked the NCR into providing a Sheriff for Primm, and now I'm heading for Nipton. My thoughts on the game so far basically boil down to: Great plotting and mission design and world building, with some shoddy programming. In places it's atmospheric and abosrbing. In some places I've felt parts were a chore, in other parts the exact opposite it true - I've had the 'Just one more bit and I'll turn it off, one more bit and I'll turn it off' etc.

Certainly can't complain for £14.

I still don't get why people don't understand Caravan. It's less convoluted then HiLo poker.

That being said, Caravan is REALLY easy, as the AI doesn't use jacks at all.

I'd recommend using the original Fallout as a basis, personally. I think it's a far tighter story with a lot less scope/loose ends/absurd shit.

I've actually been discussing with my friend about adapting Fallout 3 into a script.

Hey good luck on that. Try not to make it seem like you are just cashing in on the people that already did it before you.

What does that even mean? I mean really?