The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

The main story in New Vegas doesn't really get going till you hit the Strip, I was level 20 and had 30+ hours of gameplay done by then.

I still need to do two more playthroughs....one for the NCR and one for Mr. House.

Edit: Maybe I should start a new game today!

My first playthrough, I did what I normally do....stealth! High sneak + lock picking, plus guns. I went into the last mission thinking I was going to help the NCR....but wen given the choice? I took the victory for myself. I also talked the Legion dude out of a fight....

Next playthrough, I did the evil guns a blazing thing.

What should I do next?

I just spent an hour trying to get the 'Desert Survivalist' achievement....no matter what, the most I could heal was about 2500/10000. Pissed me off!

So now, I am starting my new game.....good guy, no charisma or intelligence, big on explosives.

I just spent an hour trying to get the 'Desert Survivalist' achievement....no matter what, the most I could heal was about 2500/10000. Pissed me off!

So now, I am starting my new game.....good guy, no charisma or intelligence, big on explosives.

It's a cheapass way to do it, but you could always go in a nice secluded spot with water, drown for a bit, emerge and eat some foodstuffs to get full health and then repeat.

Oh, and it ONLY applies for food items. Water, Nuka Cola, and Sarsparilla doesn't count. Make lots of steaks.

Does Old World Blue raise the level cap to 40, or will Lonesome Road do that?

"In the Courier's travels, he greedily plundered and devoured the entirety of the NCR's food crops. Unfortunately for the citizens of New Vegas, this lead to a mass starvation and turned the Mojave into a graveyard. Years later, prospectors would discover the ruins of New Vegas covered with curses directed at the man who doomed them.

Ruki. Ruki never changes."

• Like 1

Ok as funny as that all is... because he eats..

Ruki, when you drown yourself down youll need to eat each article of food one at a time if you are playing hardcore mode.

What I would do is suggest you

1. Save it. TWICE.

2. Take off hardcore.

3. Buy food.

4. Drown and use it.

5. Save it under one of the saves you did when you get bored and want to come back to it.

5. Reload when done.

It will be faster, youll have gotten your goal so its not like you didnt work for it, and youll be able to continue without losing your other trophy.

It's not that hard. Unless you're wearing BoS armor or something damage from usual combat can be healed by food unless you absolutely must use stimpaks to stay alive (Legion assasins...). Then just eat some steaks as you keep on traveling.

Actually helps to be a melee build as that means you'll most likely take damage no matter who you're fighting.

Ok as funny as that all is... because he eats..

Ruki, when you drown yourself down youll need to eat each article of food one at a time if you are playing hardcore mode.

What I would do is suggest you

1. Save it. TWICE.

2. Take off hardcore.

3. Buy food.

4. Drown and use it.

5. Save it under one of the saves you did when you get bored and want to come back to it.

5. Reload when done.

It will be faster, youll have gotten your goal so its not like you didnt work for it, and youll be able to continue without losing your other trophy.

Really? Because with hardcore mode on I just pressed 'A' until all the food was gone :shifty:

Problem with that is, eating multiples of the same item at the same time will only give you the healing effect of one.

You CAN eat multiple different food items and heal from all of them at once, though.

Pretty much. Be aware that this takes a LOT of times to do it, especially depending on your level, if you have Life Giver, and your Endurance and Survival levels. Pretty much only recommended if you don't have any other levels to gain and just want the trophy.

You can also use the wait option to fast forward an hour, which'll cause the long-lasting stuff to wear off pretty quickly

so I haven't played New Vegas since I beat it last time (and before the first DLC came out), and I just installed the patch update... did they change the character model physics or something? I've noticed every single time I let a shot off at someone, they stumble about before firing back. I don't think they ever did that before, or maybe they did.

I also haven't the game freeze up or be glitchy at all, which is quite amazing considering my last playthrough was filled with bugs and whatnot throughout the game, but especially in the beginning. glad they fixed that.

I think the only DLC I want to get is the Burning Man one, because that character intrigues the hell out of me.