The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I only just Fallout 3 GOTY up the other day, but I've not played much. I had two plays, one where I blew the bomb, and one where I didn't, but it didn't really enthrall me, it seemed like Borderlands' less colourful and fun cousin. Any tips on how to make it more fun and things to do in the game?

Did I shit in your clean drinking water or something? 'Cause I'm kind of thinking I should.

Seriously though, I read the first line, so I'm not sure if they're real spoilers, but if they are and you like the game, why would you try and spoil it rather than try and encourage someone who's giving it a shot to like it?

I only just Fallout 3 GOTY up the other day, but I've not played much. I had two plays, one where I blew the bomb, and one where I didn't, but it didn't really enthrall me, it seemed like Borderlands' less colourful and fun cousin. Any tips on how to make it more fun and things to do in the game?

To be fair, FO3 was released long before Borderlands, but I can see where you're coming from. Outside of modding the game, I'd just suggest exploring the Wasteland. Doing stuff like helping Moira Brown in Megaton write her Wasteland Survival Guide is a nice way to explore in the beginning of the game, plus it can get you a few bonus perks if you go out of your way to do the extra objectives.

• Like 1

I find the most enjoyable way to play Fallout is to just kill everybody. Fallout New Vegas is a more fun because you can still complete the missions if you kill everybody, whereas in Fallout 3 they just get knocked out. But set your stats up for all guns and just go to town. I play Fallout 3 the normal way and it was OK, but when I went back and just slaughtered entire towns of innocent people, it was a lot more fun.

• Like 2

I remember reading something about a dog called Dogmeat being one of the best companions, do I get him via the main story, or another way?

Dogmeat is alright, when he isn't running at Super Mutants armed with miniguns, or just randomly disappearing for days on end. He's in some place called Junkyard, but the first time I played the game I completed it without finding the place. Think it's North East of where you start the game.

I've never seen any companion as being better than the others, they've all been pretty average to me. The ones in NV were better though, they seemed to have more of a backstory. Apart from Ed-E, fuck Ed-E

You say companion, I say "walking storage bin"

Unless I'm playing New Vegas as a combat-weak build, then I use Boone.