• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of season thoughts:

1. Poor Hiro :(

2. HOLY FUCK! NATHAN IS DEAD!

3. Boo, no fight scene.

4. Nice! Sneaky Peter :wub:

5. Sylar is Nathan? Not a fan of that. They better make that work next season.

6. Holy shit! Tracy is back....WITH A VENGENCE.

I really hope to god Nathan stays dead. Not that he's a bad character (at all) but, outside of D.L., NOBODY on the show fucking stays dead and it really ruins a lot of the excitement and 'danger' of the show, I guess you could say. Speaking of characters dying, please kill Mohinder already. What a waste of space, jesus. And Ali Larter just won't go the fuck away, either.. an evil, bitchy Ali Larter is always the best Ali Larter, but jesus.. what is this? Like the third time she's been resurrected? I'm hearing she's going to be the main baddie next volume, so hopefully that's it for her.

A decent ep. Somewhat anticlimatic, I thought, which is pretty amazing considering everything that happened (Sylar becoming Nathan is pretty great, I think. I can't wait to see what happens there). Before 1961, they were on a very solid streak of like.. 4 straight great episodes. Shame they couldn't keep that going for the ending trio, but ah well. Least they weren't terrible.

And oh, how I hate the producers for just constantly teasing the Sylar/Peter fight. Man, I was marking the fuck out when he and Nathan flew into the room.. only for the doors to get shut. :( Assholes.

The one thing I really liked about this volume is that they finally moved away from the formulaic "save the world by stopping event X in season finale. which they learn about in episode Y" that they've been using for every volume since the beginning, and instead let the story come about more freely. I really thought it made the whole thing flow better, and added some much needed intrigue.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Really wasn't expecting Nathan to die, but I suppose it makes sense seeing as how Nathan and Claire kinda "bonded" in Mexico and stuff. I was really thinking it'd be Peter since Hayden Panettiere had been pushing to have him written out ever since they broke up, glad to see her influence apparently isn't much. I'd have probably stopped watching if Peter died, though.. Nathan dying isn't much better. :(

Yeah, the episode was pretty good, but had its awkward moments... No fight scene is quite a bummer for me, Sylar is still alive [the clock thingy is a pretty good hint, unless they just wanted to make this a tease to get people to watch the next series] but let's assume that he is indeed dead... Who will be the major villain? Watericegirl? She certainly doesn't have the credibility in my eyes... Killing Nathan was a pretty big swerve IMO - most of the people expected Peter, I personally was betting on Noah...

About Noah, he's a pretty awesome character - he doesn't have any powers [of that we know of] but he can keep up with the special people, and damn well beat them.

Some questions, maybe You people read spoilers or something that can answer me :)

1. When the show's back on air? Will it be a lengthy break?
2. What's with Danko? If You don't know, we might discuss possible opportunities, as I don't think he'll be phased out completely after being such a major character in this season.
3. Will Sylar be Sylar again? All the signs point to yes, but...
4. Who do You think/know will be the major villains?
5. Redemption is a catchy title for another season... Who will be looking for it?
6. Any new heroes with new powers?

I'm quite excited about the episode even though it wasn't the best, it was pretty solid.

Mysterio2000X: Many heroes/villains died... DL, Daphne, The Fear Guy, The Copycat Girl, Linderman and a massive amount of nobodies with powers killed by Sylar.

Yeah, the episode was pretty good, but had its awkward moments... No fight scene is quite a bummer for me, Sylar is still alive [the clock thingy is a pretty good hint, unless they just wanted to make this a tease to get people to watch the next series] but let's assume that he is indeed dead... Who will be the major villain? Watericegirl? She certainly doesn't have the credibility in my eyes... Killing Nathan was a pretty big swerve IMO - most of the people expected Peter, I personally was betting on Noah...

About Noah, he's a pretty awesome character - he doesn't have any powers [of that we know of] but he can keep up with the special people, and damn well beat them.

Some questions, maybe You people read spoilers or something that can answer me :)

1. When the show's back on air? Will it be a lengthy break?

2. What's with Danko? If You don't know, we might discuss possible opportunities, as I don't think he'll be phased out completely after being such a major character in this season.

3. Will Sylar be Sylar again? All the signs point to yes, but...

4. Who do You think/know will be the major villains?

5. Redemption is a catchy title for another season... Who will be looking for it?

6. Any new heroes with new powers?

I'm quite excited about the episode even though it wasn't the best, it was pretty solid.

Mysterio2000X: Many heroes/villains died... DL, Daphne, The Fear Guy, The Copycat Girl, Linderman and a massive amount of nobodies with powers killed by Sylar.

1. Show's back September of the year. End of the season, yo!

2. Danko'll probably be back in some form, but I wouldn't expect anything major. Perhaps something along the lines of what happened to Monroe (which sucked, admittedly =\).

3. No doubt Sylar will turn into Sylar again, is this even a serious question?

4. I heard Tracy's supposed to be the big bad next season, but it's not like they've shot any of the episodes yet, I'm sure, so just about anything can change from here until then. I hope it does. Fuck Tracy.

5. Eh. Maybe. Volume one was just amazing, volume two was absolutely terrible, volume three had some good ideas but was just terribly executed, and volume four had some genuinely great moments and episodes. So.. it's up in the air for me, as of right now. I'll probably check it out when it's back, but yeah.

6. Probably? Like I said, though, I doubt they've even gotten to writing the episodes, so anything and everything can change from here until then.

And I realize a lot of people HAVE died, but look at everybody that you've listed. Outside of DL, who himself was just a fringe main character, they're all secondary characters. Now, I'm not asking for them to just go and kill every single one of the main players as that would be fucking retarded, but what pisses me off is that a lot of them HAVE died, yet have simply been brought back because of lazy writing and through extremely lazy means (Claire/Monroe/Peter's blood saves all, yay!) Some of these characters (Mohinder, Claire, possibly even Hiro/Ando) have either served their purpose, or just become terrible, 2-dimensional versions of what they once were. There's no need to keep them around just because, it detracts from the show as a whole.

Granted, there are other reasons for why those specific characters haven't been removed from the show yet, but I'm talking simply from a story perspective.

EDIT - and here's something about Danko, straight from Tim Kring:

Well, it sounds like Danko lives to fight another day. Says Kring, "The idea is to keep him [Danko] out there in the world and available to come back." But he won't be next season's big bad. Heroes exec producer Bryan Fuller tells us, "For me Danko was what you see is what you get, and we're going to be much more complicated and mysterious with our villain in season four. "

Edited by Mysterio2000X

So I stopped watching this after Cold Wars and just watched the last eight episodes of the season because I had nothing better to do with my time. A few episodes were better than I expected, a few were bad but I enjoyed most of them anyway. The Daphne/Parkman thing in Paris was awesome but I'm sad she's dead because she was a great character. I wish they'd get rid of Claire instead of more interesting characters like Elle and Daphne. I did like how they spent a lot of time towards the end focusing on Claire's relationship with Nathan.

I think I might finally be fed up with Sylar. There's no way they'll kill him because he's easily the most popular character on the show but they've made him insanely powerful and he should probably be able to kill whoever he wants with relative ease. I'm still bored of Peter and Mohinder. Badass Parkman didn't last nearly long enough, I enjoyed seeing him ON THE EDGE~! and just wanting revenge for Daphne's death but that seems to have ended abruptly. Tracy as a villain should be interesting if the rumours are true. Ali Larter is pretty dull when she's trying to act nice.

1961 was a shocking episode. I'm not sure what purpose it served. Strange, strange storyline in that one.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I want to happen in the next volume but I really hope they get me to care about the characters again.
Edited by Pesci

regarding the 1961 episode, am i the only one who thinks it would make a brilliant prequel storyline? Maybe for a spinoff series, to show the company forming and evetrything that happened to the previous generation of "heroes".

If there were gaps to fill in the story. It would also be a reason to bring back Adam Monroe.

I'd be game for that, just to see more of the awesome young Charles Deveaux. The main problem I had with the episode was her sister still being alive and that I couldn't really suspend my realism, but I wouldn't mind seeing how everything began.

Though this happened in 1961 and didn't the Company only form in the 70s when Adam brought them all together? 9+ year miniseries anyone? :shifty:

A spin off series?!? They've already screwed the show over with too much happening and you want a whole extra show?

Thats an opinion that ive never ascribed to. I have always been thoroughly entertained by heroes right from the very beginning. The second season was a bit eh but i thought that they got back on track pretty quickly.

I think a second show detailing the formation of the company would be awesome, fill in some gaps, and of course more of the awesome youg Charles DeVaux, that actor with that character....i dunno it was just perfect and i think he alone could carry the entire show. It would add a whole new dimension to the universe and flesh out some of the older characters we dont know ALOT about, like the older Petrellis, DeVaux, elle's father, etc

Two continuity errors I found in the penultimate episode (well, an error and a possible error), both involving everyone's favourite superhero tag team...

I'm 110% sure that Hiro has used the 'touch someone and they don't freeze' mechanic DOZENS of times before, so why was he so fucking surprised?

Also, I'm 60% sure that Ando himself has been 'unfrozen' before, at least once. Although to be fair I can't remember the specifics, so it could be one of those things that you don't realise hasn't happened because it seems like it would have by now (like the fact that some main cast members still haven't met yet outside of being captured).

Oh, and one Sylar-related thing that really bugged me from the very first shape-shifting episode: Since when were clothes part of your DNA? :P

While I'm on the subject of Ando, he's the only one single thing about the show I don't like. Not Ando himself; the character is awesome. But his ability has gone from a very Xander-esque "I can't do jack on my own, but I make other people better at what they do", which was one of my favourite things about Buffy and fast becoming a great thing about Heroes... and turned him into lolzredlightningboltz!!1 I LOVED the fact that he got a power, but was still essentially normal (made him slightly different from all the 'actually normal' people like Danko and Noah). But now they've fucked him up. Grrr.

Anyway... I can fully understand why they're holding off on Peter vs. Sylar. Peter now has all of Sylar's powers, theres TONNES of shit they can do with that next season. Fuck blowing it off in the very same episode: Will Peter begin to turn into Sylar and turn heel on everyone? Will he use Sylar's 'power stealing' power on anyone? Peter also now knows everything Sylar found out about Nathan, which we're led to believe isn't exactly what Peter 'knows' about Nathan. That's a whole season's worth of stuff, not twenty minutes. Then they can have a much more epic battle once Sylarnathan remembers who he is.

Because lets face it, if you didn't know that was going to happen even before the teaser, you're a bit slow. If you still have to ask AFTER that teaser...

RE: The prequel mini-series... maybe a season after they've finished with the main show. Volume 0 or something. But a whole mini-series... meh... A whole series of Heroes without Sylar? I couldn't stand it. :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

My main worry is that when they do finally pull the big reveal and have Sylar remember who he is, they're going to come up with some bullshit excuse for why he doesn't return to his old form. This whole idea stinks of something happening to do with the actual cast. Has there been any news on Zachary Quinto leaving?

Without ol' Zach, I pretty much lose most of my reasons to watch Heroes. It's like Smallville without Michael Rosenbaum, yeah there's other main characters and the show can survive without him, but it just takes a lot away from it. And throwing us more Ali Larter is hardly a replacement for Quinto.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of naked Ali Larter. :shifty:

I'd assume Zach will be back sooner or later. I hope so anyway, like you I think he's one of the best things about it. I hatehatehatehatehate the guy who plays Nathan (or, to be fair, maybe it's just the Nathan Petrelli character, as I haven't seen Pasdar in anything else) which doesn't help the current situation, but I can live with that. Given how much Sylar liked being in Sylar's body though, I'm fairly sure when he discovers who he is he'll be back in Sylar form. That was the whole point of the penultimate episode, wasn't it? It was even called 'I Am Sylar' fahgawdsakes.

I also liked how guythatplaysNathan was the only one of the cast members to fuck up the 'Sylar smirk'. Micah fucking nailed it, and he's what.. 15 at most? Sheesh. Nathan just looked like he was trying to beat back a sneeze.

Edited by Farmer Reil