Songs That Mock The Industry/Band/Genre

Farmer Reil

Loads of Anal Cunt's songs openly mock other bands if that's good enough for you?

I'm listening to them at the moment. Weird. I LIT YOUR, I LIT YOUR, I LIT YOUR BABY ON FIRE!

Weezer's new single 'Pork and Beans' mocks the industry and its need for commercial music.

I am tempted to say that DragonForce is just a mockery of everything music stands for but apparently that is not intentional on their part. Also I am of the conclusion that HammerFall is a big running in-joke of the Metal industry.

Edited by SRN

"Don't Start a Band" and "Sellout" by reel Big Fish spring to mind...i'm pretty sure they got a couple more

also Zimmer's Hole are everything about Death Metal multiplied by a billion. They're Parody Metal at its finest

"Big Dumb Sex" by Soundgarden is a piss-take of the mid-late 80s glam metal stuff.

It's ironic that Guns N' Roses went on to cover it (along with T-Rex's "Buick Makane" in the same song) when they are as close to glam metal as possible without being glam metal.

Also can't forget DK's "Pull My Strings". RBF's "Join The Band". The Clashes "Complete Control" slams their record company...88 Fingers Louie has "Punk Rock Rulebook" which attacks punks ideaology of "selling out" ("Don't talk to me about selling out/cuz I won't be listening/your just another jaded teen/who doesn't see/I'm makin money/its quickly spent/I got a family/You ain't gotta worry bout the rent")