Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

The United B team were all over us for the first half hour or so, but after that we started to actually keep hold of the ball and control the game. Alonso ran things when he came on, if he carries on playing like that I'm really fucking glad O'Neill priced us out of a move for Barry. Unlike last season he didn't start to misplace passes whenever he got pressured, and he was unlucky not to score as well. He nearly made Gordon look like a right mug.

Should have been a draw but I'm not too gutted. As long as we keep playing like that we'll be fine, maybe a few more clear cut chances but Malbranque and Diouf look good. And things will only be better when we get Jones back.

Still, we held the 4th best team in the country to 0-0 for most of the game and took it to them for the first half an hour. Last year we gave teams like this more respect than they deserved so I was glad to see us pass it around them like they weren't there at times.

Still, Torres is phenomenal. One of the best strikers in the world and I was telling everyone "we're doing well but it only takes one moment of magic and they'll be ahead" and low and behold a pin point strike from Torres and we lost a game where we play very well.

Our new signings done very well, and Diouf looks very good. Also I'm going to love him if he throws a tantrum every time we don't get a decision, was quite fun.

EDIT: Sorry for not PMing you back Lex. I was already gone but I assume you got a radio link so it's all good.

Edited by IAceI

Guest chatterbox

I really don't mind that the referee made a mistake. It happens. However, i don't like how Match of the Day handles it. When they showed the highlight the first thing that was said wad "Well, it could have gone either way". No, it couldn't. It is the same with all the teams on the bottom end of the table, but if it was the Top 4 you can guarantee it would be treat like some sort of scandal. Obviously, that is not the fault of any of the teams.

I concur with what has been said previously, Torres is indeed one of the best strikers in the world at the moment. He can seem to get on the end of everything and score from any situation. Probably my favourite player in the Premiership, even of Fabragas and Ronaldo.

Moment that made me laugh on MOTD. Bolton - Stoke game;

Commentator: Jussi Jaaskelainen continues to prove why he is Boltons No 1.

Camera pans out showing Jaaskelainen wearing no. 22 shirt.

I'm easily entertained >.>

Also commentators chat some shit, after Nasri scored one said "Arsene Wenger shows us another of his gems", how the fuck is Nasri one of his gems? The guy was recognised talent throughout Europe before going to Arsenal. I hate how up Arsenes arse people seem to be, i don't think he is that great a manager.

I've been watching the match so far and Chelsea look amazing, they're playing attacking and fluent football and running rings around the Pompey players. Could easily be 5-0 from all the chances I've seen so far.

Not sure if it was a penalty though, looked like Cole blasted it at him because I couldn't see anyone else in the box for him to cross to.

They're making it far easier than it should be by drawing James out and blasting into an empty goal

Edited by The General

I'm pretty certain it was a penalty. Distin wasn't too close to Cole so he had time to react (and managed to pull his right arm to his side) and it was just a bloody stupid place to hold out his left hand. Certainly it was just where Cole was going to put the ball if he was going to punt it past him to Anelka or whoever. Distin = baka. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño