Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I wish I hadn't been outbid for Gabby. :(

All these Villa goals are seriously eating into my points thanks to Corluka in defence. But if Carew keeps going and gets a hat-trick I'll live with it. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

Fucking hell. We really need Dunney back there or we are completely and utterly fucked. I think that is what? 11 or 12 goals in 2 games without him. How many did Middlesborough score last year before he got the red?

Actually, we're just fucked in general thanks to a lack of strikers right now and a lack of funds since Frank is basically frozen when it comes to that. The Bojinov injury is just going to make stuff worse.

Edited by Clawson

I was impressed with that, a good performance all round. Was especially impressed with 'Jonas' as he's now known, looked committed to the cause and got back to help out the defence on numerous occasions. Coloccini looked solid and Given was his usual brilliant self.

Tried to post this earlier but board was screwy...

I shoulda had that bastard in my fantasy football. Wahey Agbonlahor!

:w00t: I do. I took Corluka out too for that very reason.

Makes up for not being able to get any use out of Tevez, poor guy having to travel back to Argentina. It must be someone really close for him to have to do that.

As for ManU vs Newcastle, Sky sum it up very nicely - frustrating. Also, Gutierrez, reminiscent of a former long-haired Magpie winger, no? <_<

I was impressed with that, a good performance all round. Was especially impressed with 'Jonas' as he's now known, looked committed to the cause and got back to help out the defence on numerous occasions. Coloccini looked solid and Given was his usual brilliant self.

I personally thought he looked quite shaky, especially to begin with when he made a couple of mistakes that could've cost you. It didn't and he got a feel for the game afterwards. He'll definitely have better games, something I'm not sure I can say for Gutierrez (sp?) who was awesome today.

Still, I'll take the point, especially given our mini-crisis at the moment. I hope Tevez is back for next Monday's game with Pompey, but wouldn't expect it of him. If he's out, it looks like we could be without most of the guys we were missing today (Tevez, Anderson, Hargreaves, Ronaldo and maybe Carrick after going off injured. Not sure if Nani's suspension is up now either) so I would even take a point of Portsmouth as well. I hate going to Fratton Park.

Edited by Baddar~!